• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alex Ovechkin, Mike Knuble, Alexander Semin and Eric Belanger skip today practice

MM213

Медведей не кормить
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Also, "Jose Theodore was the first goalie on the ice, followed a few minutes later by Semyon Varlamov"

not sure what it means :D

from Washington Post

And Poti is out for game 7

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, "Jose Theodore was the first goalie on the ice, followed a few minutes later by Semyon Varlamov"

not sure what it means :D

from Washington Post

And Poti is out for game 7

It depends on which goalie comes off the ice first. I would put my money on varly being in net. As for Ovie missing practice...nothing new...huge minutes and a ton of skating last night. Knuble is old so he gets the time off. Semin is home to try and remember why he is making 5 mil.

Belanger has a broken face....no problem with him laying low.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
46, who would you want to start game 7?

Fuck.....

Is Neuvirth available :)

In all honesty, i would go with Varly. He gave up one bad goal last night, and one semi-bad goal that was likely a result of not seeing many pucks for the better part of an hour.

I do want to see a tougher lineup though. See the scott walker thread for my thoughts on that...dirty goals are key in this next game...

ritari330

Only a myth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I want Theo in net, but thats probibly because I don't think he should have gotten the hook after game 2. I agree with you on Walker and if they play like they did yesterday, it shouldn't matter who is in net.

PGH11286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Play Varly. You can't switch things up now. He was great in Game 7 of the first round last year.

postmaster

RIP Steve
Hoopla Cash
$ 250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Play Varly. You can't switch things up now. He was great in Game 7 of the first round last year.

PGH, that was last year and if you can't stop being a total homer, you might not be here long.

Squatchito

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think you still have to give Varly the nod. It isn't as if he has been awful. I am to worried the Jose is cooked for this series. I don't care how professional you are, getting yanked the way he was in the situation he was is going to rough up your mojo, and for the record, I am with you Rit he was pulled too early. That was a situation I think you have to call a timeout and give him a chance to regroup. I just don't see how he can bounce back. Get through to the next series with Varly and then reevaluate.

As for the practicing, Ovie, Knubs and Belanger I am fine with getting a pass. NO ONE should be working harder than Alex Semin right now. The last thing he needs is to be sitting around stewing on not scoring goals. Get to Kettler and work on picking corners for the duration of practice, anything to avoid missing by 10 ft or putting it in the center of the net.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skipped practice? Most of the players on the Caps look like they skipped this series. :D

J/K, but the Habs have played out of their minds so far. (Halak)

ritari330

Only a myth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you still have to give Varly the nod. It isn't as if he has been awful. I am to worried the Jose is cooked for this series. I don't care how professional you are, getting yanked the way he was in the situation he was is going to rough up your mojo, and for the record, I am with you Rit he was pulled too early. That was a situation I think you have to call a timeout and give him a chance to regroup. I just don't see how he can bounce back. Get through to the next series with Varly and then reevaluate.

As for the practicing, Ovie, Knubs and Belanger I am fine with getting a pass. NO ONE should be working harder than Alex Semin right now. The last thing he needs is to be sitting around stewing on not scoring goals. Get to Kettler and work on picking corners for the duration of practice, anything to avoid missing by 10 ft or putting it in the center of the net.

I didn't really have a problem pulling him there, but I thought he should have gone back in net for game 3...too late now though

postmaster

RIP Steve
Hoopla Cash
$ 250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is that being a homer at all? Varlamov was great in Game 7 last year and the sole reason the Capitals beat the Rangers.

I noticed you started the sentence with Poor Varley and played great in game 7, I jumped the gun on that one but still, your post in the other Russian thread isn't helping.

Squatchito

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I didn't really have a problem pulling him there, but I thought he should have gone back in net for game 3...too late now though

I can see that, but at the same time there is no question Jose was pissed when he got pulled. I just don't see how he was going to bounce back from that. As you say, too late now. I still don't see how you can go back to Jose in this series. I am not going to pretend he wouldn't have all the motivation in the world to play well, but again, it isn't as if Varly has be horrible.