• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Aledmys Diaz

Nyfan1980

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How good do you think this guy will be? And who do you think signs him? He can sign with a team next week on the 19th.

I think it would be a good move for the Yankees to sign him with Derek Jeter retiring after this season, they need a future SS.

He projects as a very good hitter in the MLB.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How good do you think this guy will be? And who do you think signs him? He can sign with a team next week on the 19th.

I think it would be a good move for the Yankees to sign him with Derek Jeter retiring after this season, they need a future SS.

He projects as a very good hitter in the MLB.

It would make a lot of sense for the Yankees, but for some reason I think the Dodgers will make him a good offer. After all they have an UNLIMITED budget.

Nyfan1980

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would make a lot of sense for the Yankees, but for some reason I think the Dodgers will make him a good offer. After all they have an UNLIMITED budget.

They should be more focused on keeping Hanley Ramirez.

The Dodgers weren't one of the teams scouting him today. The Cardinals, Mariners, Blue Jays, Padres, Giants, and Yankees were the teams.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should be more focused on keeping Hanley Ramirez.

The Dodgers weren't one of the teams scouting him today. The Cardinals, Mariners, Blue Jays, Padres, Giants, and Yankees were the teams.

Well as a Padres fan this is shocking. I had no idea we have money to spend. As for the Dodgers I really don't think they're to concerned about Ramirez. They'll find somebody to pay if he leaves at the end of the season.

Nyfan1980

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently the Cardinals are going to make him an offer.

Heard hes close to a decision.

He can play 2B and 3B as well, some may not see him as a SS.

The Yankees, Phillies, Mariners, Giants, Blue Jays, Braves, and Cardinals have engaged in talks.

Nyfan1980

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the Yankees are not going to offer him a deal.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should We Think Twice About Aledmys Diaz? - Viva El Birdos

Here's an interesting article about Diaz.

"He hit .308 from 08-12 in Cuba...but the National Series in Cuba hits over .300 as a whole".

Here's more:
I haven't seen Diaz since he was in Cuba, but unless he's made big strides over the past year, I see him as a second baseman or possibly third baseman on a bad team or a utility guy on a good team. Defensively, he's not in the same class as Iglesias or Arruebarruena, and a move from short seems likely. Offensively, he projects as no more than an average bat (and even that might be optimistic), and I don't see him having the power to play third on a regular basis, at least not for a good team.

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a meh prospect...a lot of hype for an "older" kid who has played the equivalent of AA ball, at best, in an offensive league with horrible pitching.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently the Cardinals are going to make him an offer.

It says quite a bit about the kid if a team with a rich farm system like the Cardinals are willing to make him an offer.

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't worry, it won't be much of an offer...Little risk for the Cards these days in adding some minor league depth.