• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alec Baldwin killed crew member Halyna Hutchins on set of Rust

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His scene in Glengarry Glen Ross is an all-time classic in a role that he was born to play.. and he was very funny in 30 Rock too.. He's a talented actor. I'd think with advances in CGI there should be a way to do that without putting lives in danger.
Glengarry Glen Ross was excellent and he was excellent in it. I agree, they should be able to make realistic fake guns and use sound effects and cgi to make them look and sound real.

DetroitDevil

Consoles are for ages 3 and up & broke adults.
Supporting Member Level 2
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His scene in Glengarry Glen Ross is an all-time classic in a role that he was born to play.. and he was very funny in 30 Rock too.. He's a talented actor. I'd think with advances in CGI there should be a way to do that without putting lives in danger.
No working guns on set… no need for cgi.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta get that money… money trumps remorse… for him.
They should have done the same thing they did The Crow when Lee was killed. Imagine if they continued that movie after that tragedy….

Oh wait…

DetroitDevil

Consoles are for ages 3 and up & broke adults.
Supporting Member Level 2
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should have done the same thing they did The Crow when Lee was killed. Imagine if they continued that movie after that tragedy….

Oh wait…
In 1993, Massee portrayed the character Funboy in the film The Crow, starring Brandon Lee. Massee was the actor who fired the shot that killed Lee by accident on the set in 1993, due to an improperly prepared prop gun. Traumatized by the event, he returned to New York and took a year off from acting, and never saw the film. In an interview in 2005, 12 years after the incident, Massee revealed that he still had nightmares about it, stating, "I don't think you ever get over something like that."

Massee is nothing like Alec Baldwin.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone has to be the fall guy, it certainly won't be Baldwin.

It was clearly an accident and I'm sure everybody feels remorse. No psychologically normal human wants to kill an innocent person.

Any opinion to the contrary is hogwash.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was clearly an accident and I'm sure everybody feels remorse. No psychologically normal human wants to kill an innocent person.

“It was not in the script for Mr. Baldwin to point the weapon,” Bowles said. “She didn’t know that Mr. Baldwin was going to do what he did.”

To drive the point home, Bowles played a video outtake from another day in which Baldwin fired a revolver loaded with blanks — including a shot after a director calls “cut.”

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“It was not in the script for Mr. Baldwin to point the weapon,” Bowles said. “She didn’t know that Mr. Baldwin was going to do what he did.”

To drive the point home, Bowles played a video outtake from another day in which Baldwin fired a revolver loaded with blanks — including a shot after a director calls “cut.”

Ya man. The guy is a murderer. He totally meant to kill her. Totally. Makes perfect sense.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course not, but it warrants some accountability.

OK. Now we're on the same page. Personally, I think a stiff fine/lawsuit/money to go to the victims family would've been appropriate. And maybe a shitload of community service.

I personally feel that jail time is just not the right punishment for somebody who may have been negligent but obviously meant no harm. The victims family will be better served with a financial payout IMO.

It all just seems so tragic on so many levels.

batchaps4me

Trolley conductor in Mr. Rogers' neighborhood.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If a person cannot admit their own actions, can they have remorse for them? Baldwin says he did not pull the trigger, the FBI says it mechanically couldn't fire unless the trigger was pulled. I'm sure he feels bad about it but I have no clue if he even acknowledges his role in her death and has actual remorse. He is in the position that he cannot publicly admit shit and should never speak on it and I understand that, so I have no valid information on which to make a judgement.

batchaps4me

Trolley conductor in Mr. Rogers' neighborhood.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally feel that jail time is just not the right punishment for somebody who may have been negligent but obviously meant no harm.
Do you think drunk drivers mean to harm? Not in general but a certain level of negligence should be criminal. Pointing a gun at a person, especially not knowing if the gun is loaded, and pulling the trigger arises to that level. There is not much difference on how I feel about either.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya man. The guy is a murderer. He totally meant to kill her. Totally. Makes perfect sense.
He knew he could get away with it.

You are scum for advocating for letting him get away with it.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think drunk drivers mean to harm? Not in general but a certain level of negligence should be criminal. Pointing a gun at a person, especially not knowing if the gun is loaded, and pulling the trigger arises to that level. There is not much difference on how I feel about either.
Yup and most drunk drivers make it home and go to bed and don't hurt anyone.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baldwin, the shooter, doesn’t really deserve a serious punishment. He should be hit for being reckless, but as the shooter, I think he was relying on the armourer.

Baldwin, the producer, however, should have the book thrown at him. He is the one who hired a discount, inexperienced armourer and then proceeded to cut budgets to the point where no support was given to the crew to effectively do their jobs.