• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alec Baldwin killed crew member Halyna Hutchins on set of Rust

DetroitDevil

Consoles are for ages 3 and up & broke adults.
Supporting Member Level 2
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's saying he didn't pull the trigger.

Just pulled the hammer back and let it fall.

Didn't pull the trigger.

iu

Smart Alec.

NM Statute:

B. Involuntary manslaughter consists of manslaughter committed in the commission of an unlawful act not amounting to felony, or in the commission of a lawful act which might produce death in an unlawful manner or without due caution and circumspection.
Whoever commits involuntary manslaughter is guilty of a fourth degree felony.
Hes very aware of what he said. His defense is likely to be philosophical, and his goal is to reach the entirety of the jury pool.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a producer on the show ...which could very well mean he had control over everything.
so basically you are saying that he and anyone else who because of their job as the producer, director, actor or etc should be charged with the crime of murder if someone is accidently killed during the filming of their movie.
Being a producer is an ill-defined role. It might mean the person has hands on involvement in every single little detail, or it could be solely a person who finances and never sets foot on set or even reads the script. Or it could be at any level inbetween.

So in this instance the term "producer" might apply or it might have nothing at all related to the situation. Since Baldwin was on set and obviously more involved on some level it is obviously more than offsite financing. But making any assumptions based solely on the use of the term "producer" is a bit of a stretch without specific insider knowledge.

Example: The Butler (2014) lists 42(!) different producers. If someone was accidentally killed on that would they have held all 42 responsible? Highly unlikely. That is an extreme example but it does highlight the point that simply being a producer unto itself means little to nothing in this instance.

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't blanks still require a primer? This looks more like a prop bullet for costumes than a blank round.
I think the picture is 22 cal shot shells.
You are correct, they do have a primer

DetroitDevil

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't blanks still require a primer? This looks more like a prop bullet for costumes than a blank round.
Sometime they are used to drive nails with nail guns and in starter Guns for sports.
AAE25DCA-FFA1-4B5D-A2E1-1023E54A2A51.jpeg

DetroitDevil

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And powder nail guns used these…
5C349E16-025D-4176-932B-D8C208CA65AE.jpeg

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alec Baldwin blames the victim in sickening interview

I get that if he didn't do it, he is sticking up for himself but he is essentially blaming her. He is right, someone did fuck up but you still pulled the trigger. Yes, someone has to pull the trigger, Alec. Idiot
But he says he never technically pulled the trigger. He pulled the hammer back, then let it go (essentially pulling the trigger). If you release the hammer, you still have to slowly glide it back to the “un-cocked” position.

DetroitDevil

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But he says he never technically pulled the trigger. He pulled the hammer back, then let it go (essentially pulling the trigger). If you release the hammer, you still have to slowly glide it back to the “un-cocked” position.
“But but but i didnt know?” Alec said to his lawyer

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“But but but i didnt know?” Alec said to his lawyer
To be fair, I truly believe he feels horrible about what happened. He may be an absolute son of a bitch, but he is still a human being. You need to be an extremely special kind to have something like that not affect you.

DetroitDevil

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, I truly believe he feels horrible about what happened. He may be an absolute son of a bitch, but he is still a human being. You need to be an extremely special kind to have something like that not affect you.
I disagree, in this case, absolving self of responsibility is not aligned with what i believe, if i truly believed someone else shared responsibility i would make it known who that person is. Baldwin, in his authority on the film had final say in the concerns that brought about the walk off of safety officials in the project, compound that with him holding the gun at the time. There is no way i could honestly face the family of the dead woman, let alone a judge and jury. Baldwin denies responsibility full stop. To willingly escape this without some form of legal recompense is a disservice to self and society. I simply cannot find a valid excuse for my actions if i were in his shoes.

DetroitDevil

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EE516492-0BC8-4897-BBC2-DE94128BF06B.jpeg

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Variety: "Rust Shooting Couldn't Have Occurred Without a Pull of the Trigger, FBI Concludes," Contrary to Alec Baldwin's Claims:

Variety said:
The Federal Bureau of Investigation has concluded that the firearm that killed cinematographer Halyna Hutchins on the set of Rust could not have fired "without a pull of the trigger while the working internal components were intact and functional."

Variety said:
The FBI's conclusion does not align with Baldwin's previous statements regarding the tragedy. The actor has maintained that he believes that he did not pull the trigger on the gun prior to it firing.

Variety said:
"The trigger wasn't pulled," Baldwin told ABC's George Stephanopoulos in an interview last December. "I would never point a gun at anyone and pull a trigger at them. Never."

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Alec Baldwin is still sticking to that i didn't pull the trigger lie, you're not an expert, this isn't a movie where you play and expert. You're just an actor and a producer, shitty one at that, to let this shoot continue with seven members of the crew walked off the set over safety concerns.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are the sentencing guidelines for involuntary mans laughter? (Something I was guilty of many times in college at inopportune times at parties, btw)

batchaps4me

Trolley conductor in Mr. Rogers' neighborhood.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are the sentencing guidelines for involuntary mans laughter? (Something I was guilty of many times in college at inopportune times at parties, btw)
I read 18 months somewhere.