• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: ALDS: Houston Astros vs Cleveland Indians

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Astros are an awesome team. As to the Indians I expect some changes for them this winter.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe they weren't the better/hotter team?

-Indians were clearly the underdog in the 2016 WS
-Yankees were red hot going into the playoffs in 2017 (played .700+ ball the final month of the season)
-Astros are clearly better this year

Like I said, maybe you're just underestimating their opponents and not giving them enough credit?

The Indians definitely were inferior to the Astros. This game 3 performance has to be among one of the worst in recent postseason times

Indians pitchers walked 8 batters and Indians defense made 3 errors

I think the Astros had 2 walks and 0 errors

That right there is a composure and being able to perform in the big time. Which this group of Indians just does not have. They are regular season warriors. Nothing more.

Games 4/5 of the ALDS last year against the Yankees these bums kicked up 4 and 3 errors. 7 Errors in 2 games. Thats indication of not being able to handle pressure and choking

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, the Indians aren't a bad team at all. In any other 2 or 3 year run their starting pitching would make them a strong contender to come out of the AL. Unfortunately for you guys, and the Astros, the Yankees and Red Sox are World Series ball clubs.

It kind of sucks that I'm watching the best Astros team I've ever witnessed, who I would normally feel is a lock for the World Series, have at best a 50/50 shot. The Yankees and Red Sox are both more than capable of beating us this year.

If we are lucky enough to repeat, I will feel that this ball club has cemented itself as one of the all time great teams. Last years Dodgers, Yankees, Indians, and Astros were 4 really really good teams. This year I feel like there are 3 that are just head and shoulders above the rest. It would be a pretty big upset for the NL to win this year IMO.

However, you now how baseball goes...

williewilliejuan

Giant Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, the Indians aren't a bad team at all. In any other 2 or 3 year run their starting pitching would make them a strong contender to come out of the AL. Unfortunately for you guys, and the Astros, the Yankees and Red Sox are World Series ball clubs.

It kind of sucks that I'm watching the best Astros team I've ever witnessed, who I would normally feel is a lock for the World Series, have at best a 50/50 shot. The Yankees and Red Sox are both more than capable of beating us this year.

If we are lucky enough to repeat, I will feel that this ball club has cemented itself as one of the all time great teams. Last years Dodgers, Yankees, Indians, and Astros were 4 really really good teams. This year I feel like there are 3 that are just head and shoulders above the rest. It would be a pretty big upset for the NL to win this year IMO.

A wise, scotch-guzzling Indians fan once described it as crapshootidity. I’d tag him here, but I suspect he’s on his second handle of Cutty right now.

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Indians definitely were inferior to the Astros. This game 3 performance has to be among one of the worst in recent postseason times

Indians pitchers walked 8 batters and Indians defense made 3 errors

I think the Astros had 2 walks and 0 errors

That right there is a composure and being able to perform in the big time. Which this group of Indians just does not have. They are regular season warriors. Nothing more.

Games 4/5 of the ALDS last year against the Yankees these bums kicked up 4 and 3 errors. 7 Errors in 2 games. Thats indication of not being able to handle pressure and choking

lol errors

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be a pretty big upset for the NL to win this year IMO.

The 1990 Reds say hi......
s-l1000.jpg

:suds: