• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alain Vigneault expected to be named New York Rangers Head Coach

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You dont 'fully grasp this game of hockey do you? Or you really believe the Stanley Cup is that easy to win.

I know the Cup is hard to win. I just don't think the Rangers have as much talent as the so called experts believe. Torts got everything out of that team. They depend on Lundqvist & their D to block as many shots as possible. Their forwards have a lot of hype. They've had problems scoring goals for quite some time. Acquiring Nash didn't solve the problem. Sorry, but I don't think Vigneault is as good of a coach as Torts is.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know the Cup is hard to win. I just don't think the Rangers have as much talent as the so called experts believe. Torts got everything out of that team. They depend on Lundqvist & their D to block as many shots as possible. Their forwards have a lot of hype. They've had problems scoring goals for quite some time. Acquiring Nash didn't solve the problem. Sorry, but I don't think Vigneault is as good of a coach as Torts is.

so by your rationale if Torts (better coach) coaches the canucks (more talent) the canucks will win the cup.

if this is the case I will send you a case of wine your logic is quite simple

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so by your rationale if Torts (better coach) coaches the canucks (more talent) the canucks will win the cup.

if this is the case I will send you a case of wine your logic is quite simple

If you think that's my rationale you're wrong.

How the Canucks do will depend on how healthy they can be. Kesler hasn't been healthy for quite some time. Will they resign Derek Roy? If not they need to find another center. The D is solid, as is the goaltending. Then there's the cap issue. The Sedin's need new contracts after next year. I don't think the Cup is happening next season for Vancouver.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If by everything you mean hatred, fear, anger, and a serious case of "I fucking hope this prick loses his job", then yes. He got everything.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you think that's my rationale you're wrong.

How the Canucks do will depend on how healthy they can be. Kesler hasn't been healthy for quite some time. Will they resign Derek Roy? If not they need to find another center. The D is solid, as is the goaltending. Then there's the cap issue. The Sedin's need new contracts after next year. I don't think the Cup is happening next season for Vancouver.

then stop saying because he had a talented team he should have won. game 7 is no easy feat. winning is obviously that much harder if it all came down to talent then the Penguins would win every year. it has alot to do with heart determination and health as you just noted. if healthy who knows what the canucks do with the bruins in 2011. but they lost so it doesnt matter the reasons. and since then they have gotten worse every year. there is no cup next year nor the year after or after. they need to rebuild now. this teams window is CLOSED

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
and since then they have gotten worse every year. there is no cup next year nor the year after or after. they need to rebuild now. this teams window is CLOSED

next year is a write off, but with a bit of magic we could have a year or two after that.
Sedins aren't going to win any Art Ross trophies, but they are still a solid #1 line.
Kes needs to be healthy (and hungry) for a year - or at least at the right time of the year.

now for the bit of needed magic:
- Schneiderman is coming into his prime years
- Kassian could be a line 2 beast by then
- some potential studs on ELCs* could contribute, allowing us to afford a supporting cast

* Tanev, Corrado, Gaunce
- which is why burning a Corrado year for 2 games was so fucking stupid.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i just keep forgetting about Kassian. its like he is just a throw in player. I know its always possible but We are declining worse now than we have in previous cup losses. anything can happen I suppose.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
then stop saying because he had a talented team he should have won. game 7 is no easy feat. winning is obviously that much harder if it all came down to talent then the Penguins would win every year. it has alot to do with heart determination and health as you just noted. if healthy who knows what the canucks do with the bruins in 2011. but they lost so it doesnt matter the reasons. and since then they have gotten worse every year. there is no cup next year nor the year after or after. they need to rebuild now. this teams window is CLOSED

Have you looked at the Bruins roster? There's a lot of talent on that team. Their defense is lightyears better than Pittsburgh. Their goaltending is a lot better than the Penguins as well. The BETTER team won that series.

As for the Canucks the window on the current team looks to be about closed. They seem to be going in a different direction in goal. How Gillis manages the cap is going to be interesting to watch to say the least.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Louis Jean ‏@LouisJean_TVA 1m According to source, Alain Vigneault has agreed to 5-year deal w/ #Rangers. Told it's in the $2 Million per year range. #NHL

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Louis Jean ‏@LouisJean_TVA 1m According to source, Alain Vigneault has agreed to 5-year deal w/ #Rangers. Told it's in the $2 Million per year range. #NHL

That's some pretty nice pay security for AV (I was going to say job security).

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AV should thank aquilini for firing him

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since he's now the head coach, I need to know if he supports Brad Richards or not.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
$200K per year raise for AV

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do coaches even get contracts? They clearly mean nothing.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

they still get paid if fired. just money security really knowing how volatile it is being a coach

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Which is exactly why whatever dollars left on a contract you give a coach should be on your cap when they get fired.

"I'd fire you, but you have two years left and we just signed <old ass defenseman> to five years or some god damned reason and only have 200k cap room left."

There needs to be punishment for bad moves as a GM. I mean, beyond being known as the guy who picked Gilbert Brule over Anze Kopitar and getting a spot on TV.