• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AJ's little brother coming to play for us....

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Younger McCarron UA-bound
Corey McCarron, the younger brother of Alabama quarterback AJ McCarron, said he will transfer from South Alabama to UA. McCarron (6-0, 240 pounds) said he will likely compete at the H-back position for the Crimson Tide. He was redshirted at USA this season.

"The decision was based pretty much on that I missed playing with my brother," McCarron said. "I really wanted to be with him. I loved every minute at South, the coaches and players. But I wanted to finish my career around AJ before my playing days were over."

McCarron is an H-back, and said he didn't believe new Jaguars offensive coordinator Robert Matthews would have much use for the position in the future. Alabama, by contrast, makes heavy use of the H-back, a tight end role that can line up in various places and includes a lot of pre-snap motion.

"It does fit my style of play than what probably would have come from the new offensive coordinator at South," McCarron added.
McCarron will enroll in January and sit out 2012 under NCAA rules. After that, he will have three years to play three seasons (2013-2015).