• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AJ McCarron and Starla Story

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the actual definition of what it is to be a Heisman Trophy winner was actually upheld when they cast votes he would have already had one.

I am sure Winston will sell more jerseys in the NFL.... So there is that....:lame:

Really Mamba? His performance on the field had absolutely nothing to do with it? Just potential jersey sales?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it would have helped aj if he had been one of the 3 best players on his team.

Please name the 3 players who are better than AJ on his team that would be eligible for such awards.

You say the same stupid shit over and over, man up.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually it does IF you add the word THE to the bold like this.

The Heisman Memorial Trophy annually recognizes the outstanding college football player whose performance best exhibits the pursuit of excellence with integrity. Winners epitomize great ability combined with diligence, perseverance, and hard work."

The word THE would indicate the best or most outstanding football player. Or as in singular.

Edit: I thought he should have won it last year. That being AJ. But he did not. AJ seems to be a nice person and is a good football player. Good for him to get some props.

Actually adding THE doesn't do it. It could still be multiple outstanding football players. I'm not saying he wasn't the best player, I'm just saying what it is and what they say it is are two different things.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"The" is simply saying there can only be 1 winner. Otherwise it was say "the MOST" if it was referring to what others seem to think it means.

Not that it matters, trophy is about the most hyped player and that's all there is to it.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually adding THE doesn't do it. It could still be multiple outstanding football players. I'm not saying he wasn't the best player, I'm just saying what it is and what they say it is are two different things.

Using the word THE in the way the Heisman "charter" is written means a singular noun. The and player(singular version) dictates 1 not more than 1. So now that this is known how can it be more than 1 person? Just asking.

The Heisman is not what it used to be. That is for sure. Maybe they should split it and have an offensive and defensive version? I do not care really because all that matters is the crystal ball.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually it does IF you add the word THE to the bold like this.

The Heisman Memorial Trophy annually recognizes the outstanding college football player whose performance best exhibits the pursuit of excellence with integrity. Winners epitomize great ability combined with diligence, perseverance, and hard work."

The word THE would indicate the best or most outstanding football player. Or as in singular.

Edit: I thought he should have won it last year. That being AJ. But he did not. AJ seems to be a nice person and is a good football player. Good for him to get some props.

"The" is simply saying there can only be 1 winner. Otherwise it was say "the MOST" if it was referring to what others seem to think it means.

Not that it matters, trophy is about the most hyped player and that's all there is to it.

Using the word THE in the way the Heisman "charter" is written means a singular noun. The and player(singular version) dictates 1 not more than 1. So now that this is known how can it be more than 1 person? Just asking.

The Heisman is not what it used to be. That is for sure. Maybe they should split it and have an offensive and defensive version? I do not care really because all that matters is the crystal ball.

If they truely were going to follow their own charter then there are many who should not have won including Winston. JFF who was in trouble before his Fr. seson, Troy Smith who also got in trouble and I am sure there are others.

The voters seemed to have forgot what the heisman is supposed to be, and it is not just the best player on the field.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's not more than 1 person. Like I said, the "The' signifies there can be only 1 winner. It then goes on to list requirements. If anything, most is implied based on the requirements and who best meets them, not on the "the". Not to the most outstanding only, but to all the requirements.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not more than 1 person. Like I said, the "The' signifies there can be only 1 winner. It then goes on to list requirements. If anything, most is implied based on the requirements and who best meets them, not on the "the". Not to the most outstanding only, but to all the requirements.

I was not saying it was more than 1. Others were. I agree that the use of the and the singular noun of player dictates only 1 winner. Whether people meet the requirements is subjective at best. So like any other poll you have many who will vote on stats alone. Winston was left off of 115 ballots this year. So it depends on what each voter believes.

pitman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched that on ESPN the other day, what a story, great guy on and off the field.

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they truely were going to follow their own charter then there are many who should not have won including Winston. JFF who was in trouble before his Fr. seson, Troy Smith who also got in trouble and I am sure there are others.

The voters seemed to have forgot what the heisman is supposed to be, and it is not just the best player on the field.

cam Newton

And they should take oj's away too :L