• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AHL Approves Pacific Division

mooger_35

my hatred for MY team clouds my judgement
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. ... American Hockey League President and CEO David Andrews announced today that the league’s Board of Governors has formally and unanimously approved the steps necessary to create a Pacific Division within the AHL beginning with the 2015-16 season.

The Board has approved the following:

• The Anaheim Ducks will purchase the Norfolk Admirals AHL franchise and will relocate it from Norfolk, Va., to San Diego, Calif.

• The AHL franchise owned by the Calgary Flames will relocate from Glens Falls, N.Y., to Stockton, Calif.

• The AHL franchise owned by the Edmonton Oilers will relocate from Oklahoma City, Okla., to Bakersfield, Calif.

• The AHL franchise owned by the Los Angeles Kings will relocate from Manchester, N.H., to Ontario, Calif.

• The AHL franchise owned by the San Jose Sharks will relocate from Worcester, Mass., to San Jose, Calif.

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Sacramento failed to get any of these teams. What a second rate city I live in. I mean freaking Bakersfield got one and that place is the under-carriage of California.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get the desire to have the farm teams a little closer to home, but damn that's a lot of cities losing their teams all at once.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get the desire to have the farm teams a little closer to home, but damn that's a lot of cities losing their teams all at once.

If I understood what I read correctly on CalgaryPuck, I think Glen Falls will be getting a ECHL team in place of the AHL team they are losing to Stockton.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. ... American Hockey League President and CEO David Andrews announced today that the league’s Board of Governors has formally and unanimously approved the steps necessary to create a Pacific Division within the AHL beginning with the 2015-16 season.

• The Anaheim Ducks will purchase the Norfolk Admirals AHL franchise and will relocate it from Norfolk, Va., to San Diego, Calif.

• The AHL franchise owned by the Calgary Flames will relocate from Glens Falls, N.Y., to Stockton, Calif.

• The AHL franchise owned by the Edmonton Oilers will relocate from Oklahoma City, Okla., to Bakersfield, Calif.

• The AHL franchise owned by the Los Angeles Kings will relocate from Manchester, N.H., to Ontario, Calif.

• The AHL franchise owned by the San Jose Sharks will relocate from Worcester, Mass., to San Jose, Calif.

• The AHL franchise known as the Edmonton Oilers will not move but will join the AHL Pacific Division

I didnt see that coming!

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When do the Canucks move from Utica to Abbotsford? Or possibly Langley?

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When do the Canucks move from Utica to Abbotsford? Or possibly Langley?

locked in to Utica for at least next season

Weisbrod is on canucks staff and Botchford said yesterday Weisbrod has told Lord Linden/Sir bennington/Aquaman to NEVER move the ahl team to Abby

If they head west they will play out of the Rog

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nice to see them sending these teams to diverse locations and to see Canada get a team where it will surely succeed since minor league hockey in the US is always a dicey proposition.

jeep99tj

If you don’t agree with me, don’t talk to me.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 224.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Kings have a team in Ontario (the Reign of the ECHL). Wonder what's going to happen to them.

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My assumption is it will be the same as Stockton, who also currently has an ECHL team. They will bring in the new AHL players and ship out the ECHL guys. Whether it will be by a disbursement draft or free agency I do not know.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps the San Diego Gulls and San Jose Golden Seals will be back

jeep99tj

If you don’t agree with me, don’t talk to me.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 224.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My assumption is it will be the same as Stockton, who also currently has an ECHL team. They will bring in the new AHL players and ship out the ECHL guys. Whether it will be by a disbursement draft or free agency I do not know.

The Reign are going to Manchester when the Monarchs go to Ontario.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps the San Diego Gulls will be back

Actually, a relocated sports franchise keeping its nickname makes sense for once. Both Norfolk and San Diego are rich in Naval presence.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, so the San Jose Sharks minor league affiliate, which is also named the Sharks, will also be playing in San Jose?

tumblr_l2xy3u8gV41qc073co1_400.gif