• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Afternoon Nap Pens at Devs GDT

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That should be a goal. You're allowed to angle the skate. I'd be pretty angry if it doesn't stand, because if it doesn't there's a very big issue with the wording of the rules.

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to be mad, but I love the turn around Cooke is having. Having said that, thats the about the same way Parise's goal was disallowed at the start of the season

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WHEW! Good. I was about ready to pull out the rule book and drive up to Toronto.

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BULLSHIT

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to be mad, but I love the turn around Cooke is having. Having said that, thats the about the same way Parise's goal was disallowed at the start of the season

Exactly my point with the rules. It really, to me, seems pretty straight forward, but they need to talk to the guys making these decisions and say "Listen, the rule is INTENDED for this reason, call it like that. We don't want soccer goals out here, but these are fair goals."

Also, Cooke should stay on Sid's line. I'd move Duper on his line though. TK just...just no. Staal can keep Sully and maybe take TK?

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Devils breaking down, and Devs board will blame Marty for the loss...yay

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW #Malkin4Hart

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man this is funnnn...Sid to Geno. Sick nasty stuff. Just NASSSSTY.

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Malkin, Sid, OV = great players. Kovy = Above Average #hater

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW #Malkin4Hart

The fact that he's continuing his pace the past few games even with Sid in the lineup solidifies it for me. I think it's much much easier now to make that decision too. Lundqvist and the Rangers have dropped off just a little bit, though I still think Lundy should have the Vezina locked up, just not enough for a goalie to warrant the Hart. Stamkos' team just isn't doing well enough for him to get it. The only other guy I'd look to is Spezza, but he doesn't have the consistency Geno's had.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Malkin, Sid, OV = great players. Kovy = Above Average #hater

To me Kovy just lacks consistency. When he's on a hot streak, he's ridiculously good and as good as any of the top players in the league. But, to me from a rather uneducated position, it seems like when he's cold he tends to be apathetic. He's got a fantastic shot and is a very underrated guy on D.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I MISSED SEEING THAT CROSBY SPEED SOOOOOOO MMUCCCCCCCCHH. Good stuff Marty. Sid just...I love watching this.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@cmasisak22: The #Pens could beat the aliens from Space Jam right now.

Ahahahahahahhaha...it'd be close.

joe_baran

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What has become clear to me in this game is that while most of the other players seem to be finding another gear... TK is just puttering along same as always. Come on TK. find that next level.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
26 shots for the Pens in the 2nd alone. Wowza. That's not Marty's fault AT ALL.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What has become clear to me in this game is that while most of the other players seem to be finding another gear... TK is just puttering along same as always. Come on TK. find that next level.

I respect TK's game, but it's not compatible with Sid's. He doesn't have the vision/instincts to do it. He tries his butt off, he's fast, and gritty...but that's not enough. He gets the puck and just fires it all the time. The one time in the offensive zone I remember him passing was when he dropped it to Sid, who then backhanded it to Cooke...GOAL.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Devils played the Panthers? Could be some snoozers. **Disclaimer** This is not be saying that either team plays the trap, just that they're rather defensive teams.

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that he's continuing his pace the past few games even with Sid in the lineup solidifies it for me. I think it's much much easier now to make that decision too. Lundqvist and the Rangers have dropped off just a little bit, though I still think Lundy should have the Vezina locked up, just not enough for a goalie to warrant the Hart. Stamkos' team just isn't doing well enough for him to get it. The only other guy I'd look to is Spezza, but he doesn't have the consistency Geno's had.

I've always thought Malkin was underrated because of how good Sid is. I'm happy hes finally getting actual Hart talk.

To me Kovy just lacks consistency. When he's on a hot streak, he's ridiculously good and as good as any of the top players in the league. But, to me from a rather uneducated position, it seems like when he's cold he tends to be apathetic. He's got a fantastic shot and is a very underrated guy on D.

Oh yea, I can agree with that. Hes so fucking streaky is horrible. If he goes two games without a goal it can quickly turn in to 7. And I think its effecting Parise because he seems to be the same way this year. As for his D, hes not underrated, but he just started playing D when Lemaire took over last year. Most people think hes playing too many minuts and should be taken off the PK, but f that hes actully better on the PK than he is on the PP! But I dont know anything, I'm just a #hater.

26 shots for the Pens in the 2nd alone. Wowza. That's not Marty's fault AT ALL.

Dont bring in facts, its always Marty's fault according to 1 or 2 posters on the board.

If the Devils played the Panthers? Could be some snoozers. **Disclaimer** This is not be saying that either team plays the trap, just that they're rather defensive teams.

Actually, we havent relied on the D much this year, its been all about trying to outscore the team team. Its almost like the Caps and Devs switched roles.

Now I have to go be a good soon-to-be stepdaddy and miss the rest of the game (yay?)