• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AFCN Week 5

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CIN 5-0...Beat SEA 27-24 OT...big comeback win at home to maintain a 2 game lead in the DIV
PIT 3-2...Beat SD 24-20...on the road in dramatic fashion to stay in this race.
CLE 2-3...Beat BAL 33-30 OT...another dramatic road win, stunning the Ravens
BAL 1-4...Lost to CLE 30-33 OT...the biggest surprise of the DIV for week 5 imo

The DIV is still a reality for every team mathematically, but the Ravens need to win every remaining DIV game, and pretty much need to run the table. Not ready to count them out yet, but every week is do or die for them now.

Just peeking...we don't play BUF or NYJ this yr so in case we don't win the DIV, they could be the chief competition for a WC spot...Jets were off last week, but 3-1 and BUF won a close one in TN to tie PIT @ 3-2.

At this point...I would be thrilled to have Ben back for the CIN with a 5-2 record, but 4-3 imo would be a great job by Vick. We'll see how this looks again in a couple of weeks.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CIN... Huge win, and big confidence boost for the red rifle. Nothing is holding them back now. I wouldn't be surprised to see this team win the division and finish 2nd in the AFC. Everything seems to be clicking for them. Both sides of the ball are playing lights out.

PIT... Big time implications after that hard fought AFC battle. They will need to keep stacking wins like this to stay in the race. AZ will be a tough opponent, but at home anything is possible.

CLE... What a game. Cleveland has found some confidence in their QB finally. The emergence of Benjamin & Barnidge has been a huge boost. Not to mention the run game is starting to emerge. Crowell & Johnson Jr have great hands as well. The dump-off passes are quite popular in the AFCN.

BAL... How the mighty hath fallen. Still won't count them out on any given week, but they are banged up and in desperate need of their players to get back on the field. Smith Sr & Perriman need to get on the field if this team wants to rebound. Aiken, Givens & M Brown are all 3rd-4th string types. Kudos to Flacco for finding some rhythm with Aiken, but it simply isn't enough. Run game is gaining steam though. That should take the heat off Flacco. They are pretty desperate for wins right now. Backs against the wall, makes them a dangerous team.

I'm thinking 4-3 realistically but of course 5-2 would be a lottery win of sorts. Like ATL said it could come down to BUF, NYJ & PIT for the WC spots. The Chefs were in decent shape until they lost Charles. Now they are in a downward spiral if Alex Smith can't find a groove. Still a lot of football left so as long as the Steelers keep stacking AFC wins then they'll be in good shape. Divisional games will be big as well.

I agree with ATL. No need to rush Ben back if Vick is getting the job done. Ben is a tough SOB, but he needs to be smart about it.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CIN... Huge win, and big confidence boost for the red rifle. Nothing is holding them back now. I wouldn't be surprised to see this team win the division and finish 2nd in the AFC. Everything seems to be clicking for them. Both sides of the ball are playing lights out.

PIT... Big time implications after that hard fought AFC battle. They will need to keep stacking wins like this to stay in the race. AZ will be a tough opponent, but at home anything is possible.

CLE... What a game. Cleveland has found some confidence in their QB finally. The emergence of Benjamin & Barnidge has been a huge boost. Not to mention the run game is starting to emerge. Crowell & Johnson Jr have great hands as well. The dump-off passes are quite popular in the AFCN.

BAL... How the mighty hath fallen. Still won't count them out on any given week, but they are banged up and in desperate need of their players to get back on the field. Smith Sr & Perriman need to get on the field if this team wants to rebound. Aiken, Givens & M Brown are all 3rd-4th string types. Kudos to Flacco for finding some rhythm with Aiken, but it simply isn't enough. Run game is gaining steam though. That should take the heat off Flacco. They are pretty desperate for wins right now. Backs against the wall, makes them a dangerous team.

I'm thinking 4-3 realistically but of course 5-2 would be a lottery win of sorts. Like ATL said it could come down to BUF, NYJ & PIT for the WC spots. The Chefs were in decent shape until they lost Charles. Now they are in a downward spiral if Alex Smith can't find a groove. Still a lot of football left so as long as the Steelers keep stacking AFC wins then they'll be in good shape. Divisional games will be big as well.

I agree with ATL. No need to rush Ben back if Vick is getting the job done. Ben is a tough SOB, but he needs to be smart about it.

Great post.

PIT...this week is a measuring stick game for both sides of the ball...if they don't bring it I can see them getting beat by dbl digits...I don't expect that, but could see it...KC is the bigger game as it's in conf, but it's on the road against what will be an angry team. Need a split.

BAL...yeah you never count them out and Harbaugh is a fighter, but they have issues on both sides of the ball...8-8 I think would be a good finish...can they afford almost $16 mil for 2 older OLBs? I think Ozzie may have to release Suggs and take the $8.8 mil. dead money hit.

CIN @ BUF maybe w/o Tyrod Taylor this week...the Bengals might get the backup.