• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Adam Jones For Julio Teheran

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are your thoughts on this trade proposal?

I trade Adam Jones for Julio Tehera

My other outfielders are: Justin Upton, Brandon Moss, and Martin Prado

I am pretty loaded with SP however, Greinke, Lincecum, Fister, Arroyo, Milone, well.. let's just say I have a freaking buttload...

So the more I look at this trade the more I should "reject" it right? I mean my outfield is short

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is pretty straight forward.

You need an OF way more than you need an SP and the player values would favor the other guy also. Teheran is good, but it would take a Matt Cain type to move Jones.

Also, I am sure you can do better than Moss in a league that starts 3 OF. Similarly, Prado is not a good OF option in this format either. His value lies in his ability to play multiple scarce positions. Starting him in the OF is kind of wasteful. Once in awhile is OK, but if he is your regular OF guy, you may want to trade away a MI for a much better OF.

I say this because, a MI who will get you 500 points can probably return an OF who can get you 550-600. Scarcity has value.

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how deep your league is, so I can't really comment on your possible excess SP.
If it's 14 teams or less, I think you could use another arm. Teheran would be a nice fit in that case.
I do think you could get more for Jones though. Even in my points league, (penalize Ks, count BBs, etc), he's still the #7 OF (last year he was #6)
So to me it depends on league depth, what's available on the WW.
It's not an unreasonable trade in my opinion, but perhaps I'd want a little more.

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You need an OF way more than you need an SP and the player values would favor the other guy also. Teheran is good, but it would take a Matt Cain type to move Jones.

Leave it to tlance to say it more clearly than I could :)

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are your thoughts on this trade proposal?

I trade Adam Jones for Julio Tehera

My other outfielders are: Justin Upton, Brandon Moss, and Martin Prado

I am pretty loaded with SP however, Greinke, Lincecum, Fister, Arroyo, Milone, well.. let's just say I have a freaking buttload...

So the more I look at this trade the more I should "reject" it right? I mean my outfield is short

Don't do it. Jones will help you more than Teheran in just about every fantasy format.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with Tlance and Philabuster. Matter of fact, you might want to explore moving a pitcher to upgrade your outfield...

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't trade Jones for just Teheran. Adam is a legit, stud OF and deserves an ace in return. Teheran will be an ace, but I would not make this deal... you need Jones in that OF.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks everyone! It was a counter-offer from the guy I tried to get Teheran from.

12 team league. Points League. I really use Prado at 3rd but if I made the trade i'd use him at the OF position

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks everyone! It was a counter-offer from the guy I tried to get Teheran from.

12 team league. Points League. I really use Prado at 3rd but if I made the trade i'd use him at the OF position

Here is the rub with that lineup strategy. This year, Prado is not even a league avg. 3B stats wise. As such, he is well under a serviceable OF guy. As someone who loves guys with position flexability, I will share that those guys only help you if they can be at least avg. at their worst qualifying position, and should then be well above avg. at the spot you would play them at most.

JMO

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the rub with that lineup strategy. This year, Prado is not even a league avg. 3B stats wise. As such, he is well under a serviceable OF guy. As someone who loves guys with position flexability, I will share that those guys only help you if they can be at least avg. at their worst qualifying position, and should then be well above avg. at the spot you would play them at most.

JMO

Well said. I think there is some value to being multi-eligible in addition to the stats, especially for daily leagues, but I also believe that players like Prado and Zobrist get somewhat overrated in draft season every year.

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

JMO

I think Prado will have an excellent second half.....(he's already started hitting much better of late).....If he gets his season numbers close to his career numbers that means he will rake for a while. The only time in his career he was anywhere close to this level of sucktitude was 2011 when he was hurt....

But, I do agree with your point that he shouldn't be a primary OF option for a league starting 3 OF and the OP was wise to reject the trade proposal. Adam Jones is still very under-rated by so many for some strange reason. He is definitely worth more of an established ace starting pitcher.....

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I am not going to trade him. I have other options at SP to pick up. Prado doesn't really strike me as a guy who will really be a good option at OF or even at 3B right now so I am only going to use him at 3rd since I am keeping Jones.