• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AD search update.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to an anonymous source, Nebraska may have received a commitment from current TCU Athletic Director Chris Del Conte and Nebraska is just waiting on the timing of the announcement.

So the question remains, if he were to take the job, do he give Riley the boot and bring in Gary Patterson who has had major success at TCU minus all the talent he could pull in at Nebraska.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why was he number one in yer book

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Del Conte was appointed Texas Christian University's director of intercollegiate athletics in October of 2009. Under Del Conte, five TCU head coaches (Gary Patterson, football; Jim Schlossnagle, baseball; Karen Monez, rifle; David Roditi, men's tennis; Haley Schoolfield, equestrian) have been named National Coach of the Year. Ten sports — baseball, women's basketball, football, women's golf, rifle, men's swimming and diving, men's tennis, women's tennis, women's indoor and outdoor track and field — have won conference titles under Del Conte, who has seen 17 of 21 sports represented in NCAA postseason play.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the Eichorst fired thread. I posted this on September 21, 2017.

Eichorst Fired

Chris Del Conte, TCU.

Spotlight: TCU AD Chris Del Conte, a top AD in the Nation – BIG SHOTS

His money in 2015

TCU Financial Report

Nebraska offers him $3,000,000 total base pay + incentives + other stuff

I also approve White_Rats suggestion, Dave Rimington. Dave would be cheaper than an experienced Del Conte.

Chris Del Conte was appointed Texas Christian University's director of intercollegiate athletics in October of 2009. Under Del Conte, five TCU head coaches (Gary Patterson, football; Jim Schlossnagle, baseball; Karen Monez, rifle; David Roditi, men's tennis; Haley Schoolfield, equestrian) have been named National Coach of the Year. Ten sports — baseball, women's basketball, football, women's golf, rifle, men's swimming and diving, men's tennis, women's tennis, women's indoor and outdoor track and field — have won conference titles under Del Conte, who has seen 17 of 21 sports represented in NCAA postseason play.

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The people from Football Scoop are saying that Del Conte is not interested in leaving TCU

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,849,613.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Footballscoop

Nebraska: The Huskers are expected to name a full-time AD this week, according to Lee Barfkneckt of the Omaha World-Herald. Nebraska is widely expected to hire a sitting FBS AD. Barfknecht specifically mentions: Jeff Long (Arkansas), Rob Mullens (Oregon), Jamie Pollard (Iowa State) and Kirby Hocutt (Texas Tech) as potential names.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Footballscoop

Nebraska: The Huskers are expected to name a full-time AD this week, according to Lee Barfkneckt of the Omaha World-Herald. Nebraska is widely expected to hire a sitting FBS AD. Barfknecht specifically mentions: Jeff Long (Arkansas), Rob Mullens (Oregon), Jamie Pollard (Iowa State) and Kirby Hocutt (Texas Tech) as potential names.

Hell if I know. My personal opinions

I don't want Long. Yes, he is respected, but beilema is his. Long might be on the way out anyway.

Mullens has not done a bad job, but how much of that is Phil Knight's money and cheating? Not to mention, can he raise money by actually having to do it? Phil Knight just gives Oregon a billion here and a billion there from Nike. I would even say, most of the calls at Oregon are made by Phil Knight in the backroom.

Hocutt no thanks. He was at Miami Florida. An HQ of cheating. Nevin Shapiro comes to mind.

Jamie Pollard. My source at Iowa State said no chance two weeks ago. But money talks. Hard worker. Iowa State really does not cheat much.

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,849,613.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also heard maybe AD at UCF could be candidate

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am hearing that we're getting the Arkansas ID and he's bringing Bielema with them and if that happens I'm done with

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm alright with it if he' replacing Cavanaugh.