• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tournament Thread ACC Tournament

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You may be on to something, @ericd7633, when it comes to Syracuse and Pitt losing their identities. This was a top 30 recruit coming out of HS that had no idea Syracuse was a former member of the Big East..

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was a top 30 recruit coming out of HS that had no idea Syracuse was a former member of the Big East..

Remember when Syracuse and Pitt were going to come in and run train on the ACC?

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember when Syracuse and Pitt were going to come in and run train on the ACC?

lmao, Louisville too. It has been funny watching Louisville and Syracuse become middle tier ACC teams, while Pitt has become a bottom feeder. It isn't that they are expansion teams, it is the fact that their fans ran their mouths so much about how they were going to come in and dominate the ACC. Louisville and Syracuse have strong basketball traditions, but they still aren't Carolina or Duke.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I really fucked up the schedule and seedings. Thanks CBS.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Defending ACC Champs are on their way.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Louisville, NC State, Virginia Tech and UNC all win today.

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Syracuse plays a blueblood for the first time ever in a conference tournament. Will they be nervous? :dhd:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
83e5febb-e67f-4a7b-8bc8-e6ac2dee8e5e.jpg

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lmao, Louisville too. It has been funny watching Louisville and Syracuse become middle tier ACC teams, while Pitt has become a bottom feeder. It isn't that they are expansion teams, it is the fact that their fans ran their mouths so much about how they were going to come in and dominate the ACC. Louisville and Syracuse have strong basketball traditions, but they still aren't Carolina or Duke.

That's the downside of being in a jam-packed conference.

As much as I like to talk shit about Gonzaga, I love being a big fish in a small pond than a little fish in a big pond. If Cincy was in this conference, they will be in the middle to bottom half too while praying they can get a 8 seed in the NCAA's.

Pitt wasn't all of that special to begin with btw. Slightly above average from the old Big East, but not exactly world beaters lol.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As much as I like to talk shit about Gonzaga, I love being a big fish in a small pond than a little fish in a big pond. If Cincy was in this conference, they will be in the middle to bottom half too while praying they can get a 8 seed in the NCAA's.

Pitt wasn't all of that special to begin with btw. Slightly above average from the old Big East, but not exactly world beaters lol.
Good point. I've also wondered something similar about coaching jobs. A lot of the coaches at the elite jobs at "mid majors" will take a job at one of the P5 bottom dwellers and not really have a chance. But, the money is good for the stint at least.

Ole Miss is open right now and is able to pay a HUGE salary if they want to. In a bidding war, they could pay more than Nova, Wichita State, Gonzaga if they want to? But, why would those coaches want the Ole Miss job other than the money?

I think this is why Brad Stevens went straight to the pros from Butler instead of languishing at one of the lower P5s. JMO

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They had 8 top 4 finishes and 4 BE titles from 2002-2013. They were a top tier BE program during that time.

Ickey Shuffle

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point. I've also wondered something similar about coaching jobs. A lot of the coaches at the elite jobs at "mid majors" will take a job at one of the P5 bottom dwellers and not really have a chance. But, the money is good for the stint at least.

Ole Miss is open right now and is able to pay a HUGE salary if they want to. In a bidding war, they could pay more than Nova, Wichita State, Gonzaga if they want to? But, why would those coaches want the Ole Miss job other than the money?

I think this is why Brad Stevens went straight to the pros from Butler instead of languishing at one of the lower P5s. JMO

I hate that term mid-major. Same thing with G5 / P5 in college football. What does it mean really? It seems like something a school like Boston College who never really accomplished anything in a "power conference" came up with so it'll be a backhand compliment towards more successful schools.

They had 8 top 4 finishes and 4 BE titles from 2002-2013. They were a top tier BE program during that time.

I was never scared of them though and we beat them often. Same with Georgetown. That's what I was really trying to say.

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate that term mid-major. Same thing with G5 / P5 in college football. What does it mean really? It seems like something a school like Boston College who never really accomplished anything in a "power conference" came up with so it'll be a backhand compliment towards more successful schools.

I was never scared of them though. That's what I was really trying to say.
Pitt was still a top tier big east over the course of the last decade they were in that conference. Really not sure what our discussion is about, lol

Ickey Shuffle

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pitt was still a top tier big east over the course of the last decade they were in that conference. Really not sure what our discussion is about, lol

Lol. Pitt was a top tier program before, but in my eyes they weren't anything special. Like... "Yay, we're playing Pitt". "Can you tell I'm excited".

Wish I can explain it better, but whatever lol.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FSU is an abomination

Their resume isnt impressive

The team sucks

They choke every year when they do get in

Give UL their bid. Leave FSU out.

Ickey Shuffle

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Hitman Hart

How about this:

When playing Syracuse, I drop everything and can't wait to watch. When playing Pitt, I'm struggling to get out of bed. Maybe that's better. I don't know lol.