• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

acc coastal: bottom of the sewer barrel

cane_man

I AM the liquor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody wants to play fsu, lol. And nobody should. Acccg should just be scrapped this year. FSU likely to face uva anywau. Aint gonna help them any.

rfjeff9

THWG!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,435.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just glad I don't have to listen to a bunch of overhyped FSU vs Miami shit again this year.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just glad I don't have to listen to a bunch of overhyped FSU vs Miami shit again this year.

Miami could still get in though, right? Who gets in if there's a four way tie?

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami could still get in though, right? Who gets in if there's a four way tie?

{{ pageTitle }}

(Three team (or more) tiebreaker procedure will be used to break all ties to identify the Championship game representative. Once a team is eliminated from the tie, the tie-breaking procedures restart for the remaining teams. If the three (or more) team tie can only be reduced to two teams, the two-team tiebreaking procedure will then be applied).

Combined head-to-head winning percentage among the tied teams.
Winning percentage of the tied teams within the division.
Head-to-head competition versus the team within the division with the best overall (divisional and non-divisional) Conference winning percentage, and proceeding through the division. Multiple ties within the division will be broken fi rst to last, using the league’s tie-breaking procedures.
Combined winning percentage versus all common non-divisional opponents.
Combined winning percentage versus all non-divisional opponents.
Winning percentage versus common non-divisional opponents based upon their order of finish (overall conference winning percentage) and proceeding through other common non-divisional opponents based upon their divisional order of finish.
The tied team with the highest ranking in the full Bowl Championship Series Standings following the conclusion of regular season games, unless the second of the tied teams is ranked within five-or-fewer places of the highest ranked tied team. In this case, the two-team tiebreaking procedure shall be applied between the top two ranked tied teams. If all tied teams are not ranked in the full Bowl Championship Series Standings, the computer ranking portion of the Standings will be used, eliminating the high and the low computer ranking, and averaging the remaining rankings.
The representative shall be chosen by a draw as administered by the Commissioner or Commissioner’s designee.

I think a four way tie would belong to Duke. The first tiebreaker would eliminate Miami and GT as they both have a 1-2 mark while VT and Duke are 2-1 amongst the four. Since we're down to two teams, I would think it goes back to head to head and that is in Duke's favor.

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FSU looks very 90's Bowden like right now. I feel bad for teams having to play them. I wonder if they actually think they have a chance before kick off?

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I don't really believe it will happen, don't you think it would be funny as hell if Duke ended up in the ACCCG and beat FSU.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I don't really believe it will happen, don't you think it would be funny as hell if Duke ended up in the ACCCG and beat FSU.

it would be one of the greatest cfb stories ever.

jlesho09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody wants to play fsu, lol. And nobody should. Acccg should just be scrapped this year. FSU likely to face uva anywau. Aint gonna help them any.

Haha, at least we won't have to worry about playing the Coastal's number 3 due to sanctions this year! :L

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It won't be next year.

Took the B1G three years to correct that abomination, what's the ACC's excuse?

ATLANIC COAST CONFERENCE. Do you see the first two words? Now look at the divisions.

Atlantic and Coastal.

Yep that is really an abomination. :L

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
{{ pageTitle }}

I think a four way tie would belong to Duke. The first tiebreaker would eliminate Miami and GT as they both have a 1-2 mark while VT and Duke are 2-1 amongst the four. Since we're down to two teams, I would think it goes back to head to head and that is in Duke's favor.

Actually, a five way tie with UNC, Duke, VT, Miami and Georgia Tech would not be in Duke's favor.

GT is 2-2
UNC would be 1-3
Duke would be 2-2
Virginia Tech 3-1
Miami would be 2-2

So, Virginia Tech would be in the ACCCG if Miami beats Pitt, UNC beats Duke, and they beat Virginia if I'm reading that correctly.

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, a five way tie with UNC, Duke, VT, Miami and Georgia Tech would not be in Duke's favor.

GT is 2-2
UNC would be 1-3
Duke would be 2-2
Virginia Tech 3-1
Miami would be 2-2

So, Virginia Tech would be in the ACCCG if Miami beats Pitt, UNC beats Duke, and they beat Virginia if I'm reading that correctly.

Yeah, I pondered the possibility of a five way tie in the ACC thread and it made my head spin. But as I said in another thread, if we lost to either Maryland or UVA, we wouldn't deserve to be in the champ game.