• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ACC-B1G Challenge

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People keep talking about adding this huge new market, but I live in DC and the b1G network has been on here since its inception, so I don't buy that. You already had this market. I can't speak to NYC.

not quite true.

move to Detroit or Chicago or Minneapolis...Cincinnati, Philadelphia, St. Louis, South Bend or Omaha - sign up for cable and your basic 'package' will include the BTN right alongside ESPN. move to Atlanta, Houston, Denver or Ellay - if you want the BTN? you've got to pay extra. I'm pretty damn sure that most standard cable packages in DC (before the B1G added UMD & Rutgers) did NOT include the BTN...heck, I'm not sure the BTN is standard fare in DC, NY or Baltimore even yet (but they will be soon; and when they are, the BTN will be available to an additional 12m of the nation's 115m households.)

that's HUGE.

TV Markets 2011, Designated Market Areas, Nielsen DMA rankings

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have any special sports packages and neither do my parents and we have always had the B1G, fwiw. That covers DTV, and Fios. I guess that I can't speak for Comcast, though.

Don't get me wrong, I wanted Virginia Tech to jump at either of their invitations (they had two) but the DC market was already there and if they wanted more influence there, I would argue other program options were better.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have any special sports packages and neither do my parents and we have always had the B1G, fwiw. That covers DTV, and Fios. I guess that I can't speak for Comcast, though.

Don't get me wrong, I wanted Virginia Tech to jump at either of their invitations (they had two) but the DC market was already there and if they wanted more influence there, I would argue other program options were better.

Why on Earth would VT want to go to the B1G?

I'm sure glad the school disagrees with you.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only UNC has as many national titles as Indiana. You're a fool.

Am I? Google up some revenue lists as to which college BB teams pull in the most cash. You'll find all of those teams ranked well above Indy. As well as several others.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I? Google up some revenue lists as to which college BB teams pull in the most cash. You'll find all of those teams ranked well above Indy. As well as several others.

Btw just to add to the edumacation for anyone who cares, Indy is short for Indianapolis, not Indiana.

the-more-you-know.jpg