• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Abdullah Price Check?

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got some interest in him in my 14 TM PPR Superflex orphan I just took over. I'm mediocre on him myself and the team is not very deep at RB. But his opening offer was Funchess which doesn't interest me. He told me I could counter but his team is tough. As his RB's aren't great either and his top WR's are more valuable than Abduallah (Cooper, Nuk and Landry). The only pieces I think I would consider from him are Moncrief or his draft pick 1.09. I already own 1.1 and 1.5. So i'm taking Zeke and had planned on drafting a WR at 1.5 to fill my 3rd WR starting spot. Trading for Moncrief could open me up for drafting Henry and Zeke. Or sticking with my original plan and just easing the rookie WR in.

My Roster
QB, QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, Flex, TE, DEF

QB - Bortles, Osweiler, Smith, Daniel, Stanton
RB - Ivory, Abdullah, Mason, D Williams, A Williams, Helu
WR - AJG, Cooks, Kearse, Britt, Bailey, Ellington, Richardson, Gordon
TE - Kelce, Cameron
DEF - Pats, Lions

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Abdullah's fumbles, so he could lose his carries at any point

I thought Zenner was going to be the work horse last year, but he did not make it throw his first game because he has dainty lady ribs.

Long story short, 3rd down reps are going to go to Riddick, short yardage to Zenner or Ridley(maybe Washington if he impresses), and Abdullah kind of fills in the gaps. I think Abdullah ends up with the most carries, but I don't thing that means he gets a ton of carries.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got some interest in him in my 14 TM PPR Superflex orphan I just took over. I'm mediocre on him myself and the team is not very deep at RB. But his opening offer was Funchess which doesn't interest me. He told me I could counter but his team is tough. As his RB's aren't great either and his top WR's are more valuable than Abduallah (Cooper, Nuk and Landry). The only pieces I think I would consider from him are Moncrief or his draft pick 1.09. I already own 1.1 and 1.5. So i'm taking Zeke and had planned on drafting a WR at 1.5 to fill my 3rd WR starting spot. Trading for Moncrief could open me up for drafting Henry and Zeke. Or sticking with my original plan and just easing the rookie WR in.

My Roster
QB, QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, Flex, TE, DEF

QB - Bortles, Osweiler, Smith, Daniel, Stanton
RB - Ivory, Abdullah, Mason, D Williams, A Williams, Helu
WR - AJG, Cooks, Kearse, Britt, Bailey, Ellington, Richardson, Gordon
TE - Kelce, Cameron
DEF - Pats, Lions

I would probably sell. Wouldn't stop me from trying Abdullah and Green for Cooper and that pick first though.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Abdullah will be a 10-15 touches guy. Maybe less if he fumbles.

The Lions did a poor job under Mayhew drafting. They have a player on the roster that has the same skill set without the fumbling problem in Theo Riddick. They split the same carries and receptions. I would stay away from the lions backfield. To hard to gauge the flavor of the day. If one goes down with injury then I aight look to grab the healthy one.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ravens, Giants, Dolphins, Lions.......

As of now, with the murky outlook, color me uninterested.
I'd look to move him if you have someone interested.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a tough one. If he pulls an Ahman Green or Tiki Barber and figures out the fumbling issues, there's zero keeping him from dominating backfield touches there. He can do what Zenner can, he can do what Riddick can, and he has playmaker ability neither of those two do. But the fumbles and the slowness of adjusting to the NFL spoiled his rookie season. A year under his belt I'm no longer worked about the adjustment, but the fumbles are a huge concern.

I'd be hesitant to deal him becuase I see what can be there, and it's a big asset. But if you can swing Moncrief, I'd say that's decent value as things stand today.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This convo is the reason why I have Ridley as one of my deep sleepers. Not sure I have the balls to draft him in suicide leagues though, but I have no doubt that he will make it onto the waiver wire radar shortly after the season starts.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Abdullah can't hold onto the ball. His longterm value takes a serious hit if Detroit extends Riddick.

I don't anticipate Ridley making the team tbh. But I didn't expect Joique Bells worthless behind to last year either. And Ridley may have more to offer at this point in his career.

Several new starters on the line(possibly) should help all 7 Lions RBs.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Abdullah can't hold onto the ball. His longterm value takes a serious hit if Detroit extends Riddick.

I don't anticipate Ridley making the team tbh. But I didn't expect Joique Bells worthless behind to last year either. And Ridley may have more to offer at this point in his career.

Several new starters on the line(possibly) should help all 7 Lions RBs.
I'm of the same opinion on Ridley. He's Zach Zenner, only older and slower at this point. Anything could happen, but it just doesn't make sense for him to get a role over any of the other 3...and he's had fumblitis at various times in his career too.

Last edited:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm of the same opinion on Ridley. He's Zach Zenner, only older and slower at this point. Anything could happen, but it just doesn't make sense for him to get a role over any of the other 3...and he's had fumblitis at bayous times in his career too.
I feel like it was Quinn giving an old friend another shot. But I'm right with you on what he brings. It's less than any of the younger options already there.

If Detroit would just move Riddick to the slot, which is what he is, Abdullah could get a little bump in value. With or without resolving the hands. But either Riddick or the staff is reluctant to do that. Prolly cheaper to keep him at RB until he's on a second contract, idk.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Abdullah is being undervalued.

Perhaps one reason why is because he underwhelmed when given the chance down the stretch last season.
Joique Bell was still doing better than Abdullah during the same end-of-season stretch.

That said, Bell only averaged 3.5 yards per carry, getting 90 carries for 311 yards.
Meanwhile Abdullah averaged 4.2 YPC, finishing with 143 carries for 597 yards.

Bell is gone. So I'm concluding that Abdullah absorbs his carries.
Let's say he only gets 200 carries which is conservative. At 4.2 yards a pop, that's 840 yards.

Same coaching staff also may ensure that they are fully behind Abdullah.
Coaching comments are positive regarding him.

I don't see Ridley being a threat either.
I see Ridley as more of a threat to Riddick.

I would not bump up Abdullah in my rankings much.
But I would not be afraid to draft him in the middle rounds.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Abdullah is being undervalued.

Perhaps one reason why is because he underwhelmed when given the chance down the stretch last season.
Joique Bell was still doing better than Abdullah during the same end-of-season stretch.

That said, Bell only averaged 3.5 yards per carry, getting 90 carries for 311 yards.
Meanwhile Abdullah averaged 4.2 YPC, finishing with 143 carries for 597 yards.

Bell is gone. So I'm concluding that Abdullah absorbs his carries.
Let's say he only gets 200 carries which is conservative. At 4.2 yards a pop, that's 840 yards.

Same coaching staff also may ensure that they are fully behind Abdullah.
Coaching comments are positive regarding him.

I don't see Ridley being a threat either.
I see Ridley as more of a threat to Riddick.

I would not bump up Abdullah in my rankings much.
But I would not be afraid to draft him in the middle rounds.
Bell and Abdullah weren't used in similar situations though.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy is going into his 2nd year. Yeah, he dropped the rock a few times, but a lot of rookies have done that and I don't think there is anyone threatening to take his spot. Since your team is void of RBs, he would be someone this dynasty franchise is depending on. If you trade him, ask for the moon and play the whole, young, clear cut "feature" back, will only get better, PPR machine angle.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy is going into his 2nd year. Yeah, he dropped the rock a few times, but a lot of rookies have done that and I don't think there is anyone threatening to take his spot. Since your team is void of RBs, he would be someone this dynasty franchise is depending on. If you trade him, ask for the moon and play the whole, young, clear cut "feature" back, will only get better, PPR machine angle.
As a Husker fan. .I can promise you, this is an issue, always has been, he's gotta fix it

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Husker fan. .I can promise you, this is an issue, always has been, he's gotta fix it
If Tiki Barber could learn how to hang on to the rock, anybody can...

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Tiki Barber could learn how to hang on to the rock, anybody can...
Truly hope so, cuz they guy is flat out amazing with the rock, could have an amazing career. .could be a more expensive Bryce Brown if he doesn't

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year it was eifert, this year Abdullah for me a guy I'm big on that I will target in all drafts, and I will take slightly early than adp so I ensure I get him. And hopefully laugh at the payoff

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if thats trey mason on your bench, get rid of him. he's in fischers dog house and doesn't see the field hardly