• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: ABC Double Header: Rockets @ Thunder & Bulls @ Cavs

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah this one of those games that you would be lucky to get once in a best of 7 series.

I think the Bulls were only completely healthy for 1 of the 4 games and I'm not even sure about that but they always missing a key player when playing the cavs
Yeah I agree. Just one of those days. Crazy that the Bulls are still some what in this.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8 3's for Jr.

I'll be shocked if he does this more than once if that in the playoffs

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8 3's for Jr.

I'll be shocked if he does this more than once if that in the playoffs

seriously Jr sucks- total team cancer- if he has a good game its a total fluke...where is dion waiters when you need him?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seriously Jr sucks- total team cancer- if he has a good game its a total fluke...where is dion waiters when you need him?

WHo said any of that? 8 3's isn't common/frequent for any player in the league.

Not even the great shooters like Steph and Klay

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Bulls have the same problem year after

the team is extremely well coached, they play very solid D, they play together well as a team, they have a deep roster of very good players---- but they just dont have the offensive firepower to get it done.

way too many long 2's for the Bulls and not enough 3 pt shooting and post play.

the Cavs are up 10- it wouldnt surprise me if this game came down to the final 2 minutes because the Bulls play extremely hard- and play great D....but to me anyway- they dont have the firepower to win in a 7 game series

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bulls have been missing a key offensive player in at least 3 of the 4 games vs Cleveland if not all 4.

Making stupid assumptions when they were without one of their best offensive players in basically every meeting is pretty stupid.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im leaving the relatives and heading home so i wont be here for the end of the game fyi....lets hope the Cavs hold on!

hope you guys had a happy Easter- for those that celebrate! later on.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair to jr he's a good shooter. But an inconsistent one. He can't be a bad shooter and hit 8 three pointers

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who said he was a bad shooter? Did some of you pass 3rd grade reading class?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cavs hit a lot of three's but its really not a surprise to anyone that has watched them.

They are built on spacing and having elite players like Irving and James that can collapse the defense. When you have a bunch of guys that shoot very good from 3- and elite players that can get to the rim and create wide open shots its going to happen.

The Cavs do not force many threes. Most of them are very good looks.

If they need to they can very easily take it inside with James in the post, Mozgov, Kyrie getting to the rack, Love posting up......but when you can get wide open threes because of your scheme and the attention James and Kyrie get- its a good strategy to have.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cavs hit a lot of three's but its really not a surprise to anyone that has watched them.

They are built on spacing and having elite players like Irving and James that can collapse the defense. When you have a bunch of guys that shoot very good from 3- and elite players that can get to the rim and create wide open shots its going to happen.

The Cavs do not force many threes. Most of them are very good looks.

If they need to they can very easily take it inside with James in the post, Mozgov, Kyrie getting to the rack, Love posting up......but when you can get wide open threes because of your scheme and the attention James and Kyrie get- its a good strategy to have.

You could have just said : " Blatts offense was horrible, so James is just using similar type players to try to replicate Spoelstras offense.

Anyway, nearly half the Cavs shots both taken and made were 3's, and they only won by 5.

I can almost promise you that if they continue to shoot that many 3's, it will come back and bite them in the ass.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could have just said : " Blatts offense was horrible, so James is just using similar type players to try to replicate Spoelstras offense.
Spoelstra never had the 3 point shooters that could also run the floor. The Cavs can play with pace and also shoot the 3- way better than Miami ever did.

Thats what happens when you have guys like Kyrie Irving and Jr SMith and KEvin Love as guys that can run the floor and hit 3's- not too mention guys like James Jones, Dellavadova, even Shumpert that can come off the bench and space the floor.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spoelstra never had the 3 point shooters that could also run the floor. The Cavs can play with pace and also shoot the 3- way better than Miami ever did.

Thats what happens when you have guys like Kyrie Irving and Jr SMith and KEvin Love as guys that can run the floor and hit 3's- not too mention guys like James Jones, Dellavadova, even Shumpert that can come off the bench and space the floor.

Then they should have no problem making the next 4 straight Finals and winning at least 2 or more of them.

Also, where in my post was I comparing the rosters?

All I said was that Blatts offense sucked so James went back to, and copied what Miami created for him.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its one of the reasons why Kyrie is SUCH a devastating running mate with LeBron.

He can collapse the defense whenever he goes to the rim-but he is also an ELITE shooter. LeBron has to love that he has a running mate that can spread the floor like that and keep pressure on the defense- especially while he is in the Post. Wade? never learned how to shoot a 3.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggy still obsessed with Wade lmao.

Can you go one thread that doesn't mentioned Wade/Heat and not mentioned anything about Wade?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggy still obsessed with Wade lmao.

Can you go one thread that doesn't mentioned Wade/Heat and not mentioned anything about Wade?

this time it was your buddy who brought up the Cavs/Heat comparisons after i had a post that had absolutely nothing to do with the Heat - so dont lay that BS on my door step this time

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then they should have no problem making the next 4 straight Finals and winning at least 2 or more of them.
this time it was your buddy who brought up the Cavs/Heat comparisons after i had a post that had absolutely nothing to do with the Heat - so dont lay that BS on my door step this time

You're wrong again.
I mentioned no players.

I clearly was just pointing out that James brought Spoelstras offense with him.

If you recall, James said this summer how he was putting in the time with the others to perfect Blatts offense,

Where is it?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
are you really that delusional?

I mentioned ZERO players before you mentioned Wade.

And as far as the edited Miller/Jones post, those players were included because they were a part of what Riley/Spoelstra created.
They weren't mentioned in as far as trying to compare talent.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're wrong again.
I mentioned no players.

I clearly was just pointing out that James brought Spoelstras offense with him.

If you recall, James said this summer how he was putting in the time with the others to perfect Blatts offense,

Where is it?

again are you really this delusional?

I cannot count the ways the schemes are different. First- take your guys knock of Love playing beyond the 3 pt line and stretching the floor- take a REAL center that they run pick and roll with SO much so that he has TWICE the alley oops of the next closest guy in the entire LEAGUE since coming over- the differences are so numerous its ridiculous because Blatt ACTUALLY adapts to his personnel.

And if you think Spoelstra invented the concept of putting shooters around a dominant player than you need to put the pipe the down.