• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Aaron Murray = Over-Rated QB

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keith Price is a solid QB. It's not his fault he plays for UW.

bocomo007

Just some guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While Aaron Murray has the chance to break most UGA & SEC passing records this year, his career record against ranked teams is only 4-10. According to Athlon Sports, that puts him on their Top 10 list of over-rated QBs. Is the criticism deserved? Does Murray's inability to win big games effect his QB legacy?

Athlon's Over-rated QBs (SEC QBs in bold)
1. Logan Thomas, Virginia Tech
2. David Fales, San Jose State
3. Clint Chelf, Oklahoma State
4, Keith Price, Washington
5. Zach Mettenberger, LSU
6. Aaron Murray, Georgia
7. Bo Wallace, Ole Miss
8. Johnny Manziel, Texas A&M
9. Blake Bell, Oklahoma
10. David Ash, Texas

he's rated? :noidea:

bocomo007

Just some guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anyone is saying he isn't a good QB... but he hasn't lived up to the hype that UGA created around him from the beginning.

It is all a relative perspective...

lol, no one can live up to georgia hype

have they won another pre-season NC yet?

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok, that didn't stop my team from getting to the SEC CG for 2 years straight...I'm not exactly losing sleep over it.

I'm not meaning to pick on UGA, but it just seems that UGA fans are fine with failure. I live in the middle of UGA territory, and it seems like none of them remembered that SCAR has beaten them 3 years in a row, and lost by 4 TD's to them last season. They take great satisfaction in losing a game because they "almost" beat Alabama in the SEC title game. I just don't see why so many UGA fans brag about their team so often. I'm not sure there is anyone who is considered a major program that has only won their conference 2 times in the past 30 years. I know the SEC is tough, but twice in 30 years? I'm not sure I would be talking too much trash to Florida at this point. Perhaps things will change this year. They certainly have the talent to win it all, but hasn't that been the case for the past 5-6 years?

Last edited by a moderator:

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, Logan Thomas is a TE but he plays QB.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's done a great job for us. Too bad he can't stop the run on defense.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is ridiculous; Aaron Murray is an outstanding quarterback. One could make an argument that A. J. McCarran is overrated because Alabama has had a full compliment of players; certainly better than what Georgia has been able to put on the field. Against Notre Dame, McCarran simply handed the ball to two of the best backs in America behind an offensive line that simply blew out the Irish each and every play. IMO, both will be playing next year in the pro's and both will do just fine.

That might have been the best offensive line of all time. It was the best one I have ever seen at the very least.

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is ridiculous; Aaron Murray is an outstanding quarterback. One could make an argument that A. J. McCarran is overrated because Alabama has had a full compliment of players; certainly better than what Georgia has been able to put on the field. Against Notre Dame, McCarran simply handed the ball to two of the best backs in America behind an offensive line that simply blew out the Irish each and every play. IMO, both will be playing next year in the pro's and both will do just fine.

Learn some football Dudley. AJ was 20/28 for 264 yds and 4 TD's vs Notre Dame. He led the nation in passing efficiency.

Smoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tony The Gator = :globe:

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO@ 4-11 vs ranked teams is a great job. Erin Murphy sucks.

I'm curious ... let's say that 4 years ago we swapped McCarron and Murray. McCarron to the Dawgs, Murray to Alabama. Do you really think there would have been any difference in the outcomes? You think Dawgs would be working on NC #4?

Football is a team sport. Saying a QB sucks, who by the way was second to McCarron in passing efficiency last year, because his team is 4-11 against ranked teams is intellectual laziness. Show me where those 7 losses are on Murray and his performance and not on the O line; or on the D where the O scored 42 points but the D gave up 50. Do the analysis and then come back and show me that Murray is the reason the Dawgs lost those 7 games and I'll agree he has under performed.

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm curious ... let's say that 4 years ago we swapped McCarron and Murray. McCarron to the Dawgs, Murray to Alabama. Do you really think there would have been any difference in the outcomes? You think Dawgs would be working on NC #4?

Football is a team sport. Saying a QB sucks, who by the way was second to McCarron in passing efficiency last year, because his team is 4-11 against ranked teams is intellectual laziness. Show me where those 7 losses are on Murray and his performance and not on the O line; or on the D where the O scored 42 points but the D gave up 50. Do the analysis and then come back and show me that Murray is the reason the Dawgs lost those 7 games and I'll agree he has under performed.

No. it's not all on Erin. Most of the blame is on your dumbass coach. Erin does have a poor track record with too may fumbles and interceptions in key situations.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. it's not all on Erin. Most of the blame is on your dumbass coach. Erin does have a poor track record with too may fumbles and interceptions in key situations.

Got it. Let me guess, you came over from ESPN and don't know how to have a civil conversation without saying people suck and are dumbasses.

Mark Richt is considered a top 10 college coach. He is an incredible person. But, to you, he is a dumbass. I am glad to have him as our coach and hope he is there for a long time to come. In his tenure at UGa we are no. 8 in winning percentage. Take out BSU and TCU for playing in non AQ leagues, and he is the 6th most winning coach of all AQ coaches during his tenure. What a dumbass he is.

Aaron Murray sucks, yet you admit that McCarron wouldn't have done anything differently.

Please point out his poor track record with fumbles and interceptions in those 7 games.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What's the point? He's clearly trolling.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't even know who Florida's QB is. And haven't known a Florida QB since Tim Tebow.

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got it. Let me guess, you came over from ESPN and don't know how to have a civil conversation without saying people suck and are dumbasses.

Mark Richt is considered a top 10 college coach. He is an incredible person. But, to you, he is a dumbass. I am glad to have him as our coach and hope he is there for a long time to come. In his tenure at UGa we are no. 8 in winning percentage. Take out BSU and TCU for playing in non AQ leagues, and he is the 6th most winning coach of all AQ coaches during his tenure. What a dumbass he is.

Aaron Murray sucks, yet you admit that McCarron wouldn't have done anything differently.

Please point out his poor track record with fumbles and interceptions in those 7 games.

Doesn't spike ball with 15 seconds left with 1st and goal and SEC and NC on the line=dumbass
Blabbers about continuation play being the ticket post-game=dumbass
Zero natty's=dumbass
His choice of uniform color is an important key to a game=dumbass
Can't keep elite Georgia talent in-state=dumbass
Can't coach up the ones he manages to keep=dumbass
NFL talent thru and thru on D last year and they still sucked=dumbass
4-11 the past 3 years vs ranked teams with all that talent=dumbass
More than his share of disciplinaries=dumbass
A Mark Right Dream Team=LMAO@ this dumbass
Says Georgia being the most penalized team in the SEC is no big deal=dumbass

I just call-em like I see it. I hope Richt stays around a long time.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont even get this thread. All Murray does is put up numbers consistently and he has done so behind some dreadful OLs. Kid is goign to break SEC records and he is barely mentioned as one of the best QBs in the nation. This whole thread is stupid