• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Aaron Hernandez being invested for homicide

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Boston Globe:

BREAKING NEWS: MSP confirming Ernest Wallace captured in Miramar, FL. Wanted in connection to Aaron Hernandez case

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The whole thing is obviously crazy......but what stuns me the most is that Hernandez thought he would get away with this. I can understand not anticipating the cameras everywhere, that's a relatively new development that seems to be catching a lot of criminals unaware. But the fact that he texted the guy a few hours earlier, then killed him blocks from his house.......that combination is almost like Hernandez is *trying* to get caught. Took the police a few hours to piece it together. Amazing that someone that dumb lasted even this long.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So 2 local gangs claim Hernandez. Latin Kings in MA and Bristol Bloods in CT.

In MA there has been gang wars going on for the last decade. Katrina caused a lot of people from New Orleans to move up here. They brought with them meth and a few gangs that all turned into one gang. The locals in order to protect themselves from the NO gang made a gang here and they sell heroin. Also for the last 2 decades a lot of people have been moving up from the Caribbean Sea (Jamaica, Trinidad, and the Dominican islands) and they formed a gang and sell cocaine.

For the few years every summer these gangs have gone to war and there have been a lot of killings. Mostly the islanders doing the killings. Hernandez this last year supposedly killed or was involved in killing 2 of the islander gang members. Lloyd was caught giving up Hernandez to the Islanders for doing that killing in order to join their gang. That is why Hernandez felt betrayed and killed Lloyd.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason I don't have names for the gangs is they are combinations of different gangs rolled into one. They have different "Families" they belong to. Many of the people belong to 2-3 different gangs and some people in the same gang are in different families and are at war with each other. It is getting to be a big mess

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The whole thing is obviously crazy......but what stuns me the most is that Hernandez thought he would get away with this. I can understand not anticipating the cameras everywhere, that's a relatively new development that seems to be catching a lot of criminals unaware. But the fact that he texted the guy a few hours earlier, then killed him blocks from his house.......that combination is almost like Hernandez is *trying* to get caught. Took the police a few hours to piece it together. Amazing that someone that dumb lasted even this long.

It's surreal. I just can't for the life of me understand how someone could make it all the way to pro football and then be such an amerature at this. Maybe the police thought he was innocent at first when they were following the leads because no one could possibly be that stupid to leave such an obvious trail. If that's the way it went down I really wonder if he was on drugs.

How someone could go through a college career isolated away from that life, and then be paid a ton of money in a pro football career and still not step away from that nonsense is something that I won't ever understand. Now he'll go through the jail system, and in about ten to fifteen years you will see that the lightbulb goes on and he finally realizes the game is controlled and manipulated by the gang leaders who make money at the expense of everyone else, and he'll be sitting in his cell realizing he took a life, and gave up his own life up for nothing.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The most surprising thing to me about his murder arrest was they said "former" Patriots Tight End. Man, they wasted no time in dumping this guy once he got indicted.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jason Whitlock says that we cannot blame Aaron Hernandez for being a thug and murdering his "friend". Instead, we must blame ourselves as a society for making him that way.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jason Whitlock says that we cannot blame Aaron Hernandez for being a thug and murdering his "friend". Instead, we must blame ourselves as a society for making him that way.

No way did he say that. :omg:

TobyTyler, stop lying on the man. No way can he be that naive.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

That's what you get when you stop reading after the headline I guess.

His point was that our culture encourages this behavior, and gives a guy like Hernandez no reason to leave his troubled past behind. That criminals are often celebrated these days, and criminal or outlaw imagery can be lucrative for marketing of players.

He makes a lot of dumb points too (no one thinks Walter White or Marlo are heroes) but its not a ridiculous article, and in fact somewhat explains why a guy like Hernandez can't or won't dump old gangster affiliations.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

His point was that our culture encourages this behavior, and gives a guy like Hernandez no reason to leave his troubled past behind. That criminals are often celebrated these days, and criminal or outlaw imagery can be lucrative for marketing of players.

He makes a lot of dumb points too (no one thinks Walter White or Marlo are heroes) but its not a ridiculous article, and in fact somewhat explains why a guy like Hernandez can't or won't dump old gangster affiliations.

Yep. That's why my statement was spot on. We encouraged the poor boy to become a murdering thug. Its our fault.

Last edited by a moderator:

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

So it isn't society's fault, it's the fault of the culture we have that celebrates criminal and thug lifestyles?

What's the difference between "society" and "the culture that celebrates" this lifestyle, other than word count?

ZepTepi

Factorem fata mea
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it isn't society's fault, it's the fault of the culture we have that celebrates criminal and thug lifestyles?

What's the difference between "society" and "the culture that celebrates" this lifestyle, other than word count?

About the only way to separate the two would be to say "the culture that celebrates" is a subsection of "society".

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

I assume you read the piece? Ignore the inflammatory click-bait headline (that he almost assuredly didn't write) and read the story. He doesn't blame anyone else for anything, he asks the question "what would make someone like Hernandez give up his life of luxury to be a gangster?" And he proposes that its the way our society/culture/whatever puts these guys on pedestals that makes others aspire to that level of infamy.

Its not an unassailable point, but its a lot better than you guys tried to frame it. He's not trying to say the killings were anyone else's fault. He never even used the words "blame" or "fault" or "responsibility", he's just talking about the relation between these various elements.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Some people are just natural asshole bullies...

Being a gang member only reinforces or strengthens that trait. I've known alot of gangsters over the years, and not all were bad guys. Some were actually very cool, with dreams and goals outside of gang life. But then there were a few that you just knew they were 'rotten to the core' and would always be that way. They get off on others fearing them. Power through intimidation and brutal actions is what they thrive on. Aaron Hernandez is a classic case of this...