• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A week to go

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harold mention in another post he thought the Titans were going to be this years surprise team. Since training camps open within the week, I thought this would be a good discussion to pass the time on which team will surprise you and which playoff team will fall.

My surprise is the Detroit Lions. Drafting 3 defensive players in the first 4 rounds and the talent on offense I think they make a run at the playoffs.

The team that falls out of the playoffs I think is the Vikings. AP is a stud, but Christian Ponder is still a big question mark.

C.Adl.C.Hox.Fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to mention all of the new faces the Vikes are bringing in.
Depend on the running game and what, wait for the eventual chemistry?
The Minnesota Petersons...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like it! Every one pick your surprise team and be ready to defend your pick. Mine as stated is the Titans.

Who's your surprise team, we all know they'll be one. Put forth your pick.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going with the KC Chiefs as my surprise. The real surprise would be if the Chiefs got good QB play. Outside of QB, they've had a pretty talented team for a couple years now, as evidenced by their contingent of Pro Bowl players. If they get even average play from their QB, they could challenge for a wildcard spot in the AFC. I think Denver runs away with that division.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like the Saints, yes the D is not going to be world beaters but the improvement from Tampa bay, panthers will hurt the falcons and allow the Saints to steal the division. Rough estimation Tampa will be 9-7, panthers 6-10, saints 11-5. Alt 10-6. I just feel the division is going to be a whole lot more competitive than last year as Tampa and panthers both had down years and struggle in the beginning of the season.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going with the KC Chiefs as my surprise. The real surprise would be if the Chiefs got good QB play. Outside of QB, they've had a pretty talented team for a couple years now, as evidenced by their contingent of Pro Bowl players. If they get even average play from their QB, they could challenge for a wildcard spot in the AFC. I think Denver runs away with that division.

The thing that'll hold the Chiefs back is Andy Reid. I've watched him for 10+ years and he refuses to change his stripes. He still doesn't understand time managment, makes to many critical errors with the game on the line, and his refusal to run the ball and be pass happy should scare Chiefs fans. Dropping Alex Smith back 30+ times is a scary thought. If he truly has changed, then he'll use the type of formula that Harbs used to make Alex Smith a success and have a more balanced offense. I'm just not sure that'll happen with his stubborn ego.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like the Saints, yes the D is not going to be world beaters but the improvement from Tampa bay, panthers will hurt the falcons and allow the Saints to steal the division. Rough estimation Tampa will be 9-7, panthers 6-10, saints 11-5. Alt 10-6. I just feel the division is going to be a whole lot more competitive than last year as Tampa and panthers both had down years and struggle in the beginning of the season.

If not the Lions, then I do agree that Saints make a furious comeback this season. Not sure about the division but 5th or 6th seed for sure. That offense can still put up scary points.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about the Bengals.
Pitt and Balt are looking at down years, while Cleveland is not ready, so I predict the Bengals will win the division.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about the Bengals.
Pitt and Balt are looking at down years, while Cleveland is not ready, so I predict the Bengals will win the division.

That Bengals team has really turned the corner, I too wouldn't be surprised if they won the division. I kind of hope they do because they have been pretty bad up to the last couple of seasons, and those fans could use a winner.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the Panthers to win some games and compete in the NFCS.

I also think that the Rams are getting a lot of love and IMO wont come through. The defense will be good, but I wouldn't be surprised if the offense is actually worse than last year, new o-line, new receivers, new RBs, and no workhorse(Jackson) to lean on. I think that Bradford will be more effecient because of his experience in the system, but I dont think that offense really starts to gel until late in the year and by that time it will be too late.

And the Colts dont make the playoffs. Win 8 games or so, but dont get in.

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm taking 3 long shots that all rank in the 20's of the power ranking.

First team that I like is the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Ranked #24 in a Tough division but played extremely well but lost nail biters week in and week out. Why? No secondary. Guess what? Here comes Revis and Goldson. Freeman is the wildcard. DMartin is a stallion most don't watch or really know except he's a fantasy player (box score watcher). Should improve on the top 10 Offense. Not sure if it's
yards or points but remember it's one of the two.

The NFC is a dog fight. I love the Ram's D but w/out a running attack, they just miss out.

2 teams in the AFC.

First team is the Miami Dolphins ranked #23rd in power rankings. Big fan of Tannehill back to his
A&M days. Surprised he doesn't get in on the r/o. He has wheels. Nice D line, getting Wallace as
another weapon. The Fish D-line did the best job of clogging up our running attack last year. Now you add the pop of Dion Jordon with Came on the outsides. Nice duo. Liked Reshad Jones from Georgia
who is a solid safety. I see the Patriots taking a step back. Brady's a magician but no AH, Gronk is
an injury waiting to happen and lose Welker? Miami could challenge for the division and if a miss,
takes #5 wildcard seed.

The final surprise team is Kansas City at #21 in the rankings. Too much talent on the defensive side of the ball and getting EB back is huge. On O, KC has a nice pair of bookend tackles to protect the game managing efforts of ASmith who can turn and hand off to the guy I had the Hawks taking in round 2 of the 2008 draft, Mr. Jamaal Charles, or find Bowe 15 yds downfield. Denver takes the division but in a up for grabs, semi-weak AFC, I can see KC sneaking in at #6.

yes, these are longer shots of the long with 3 in the 20's, but I won't be surprised when they're playing in January, 2014.

Teams that made the playoffs last year should be omitted from conversation.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will pick the Oakland Raiders as my surprise team

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that would be a suprise!

Yes it would. Welcome to SportsHoopla Limidi. You described yourself as a stalker. What or who did you stalk. Tell us a little more about yourself. Like what was your handle on ESPN? It's always nice to get know new members.

Limidi

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually misworded that stalker...more of a lurker, I do remember your handle on the ESPN boards as I always read em but never posted. Shoot I've posted here more than ESPN in the last few years.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the additions, could the Miami Dolphins over take the Pats for the division?

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the additions, could the Miami Dolphins over take the Pats for the division?

I like the Fish even if they're in the mid-20's in the power ranking. I don't care about that. They could overtake NE even if you can never count out Brady. I'm trying to project where I see Tannehill, who
has to be the guy if you're looking at Miami. I like their front 7 on D. On O add in Wallace to stretch the
D. He needs to concentrate on hauling in the rock. I believe they picked up Keller, too. RJones is a solid safety. They have components.

Are they perfect? Of course not or they wouldn't be 23rd in the Power Rankings. Can they surprise the
NFL and make a run in a fairly weak AFC? I think they can. :suds:

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The whole season rests on Andy Reid's play calling which isn't too far off from us with Bevell in the playoffs.

Reid is used to McNabb and Vick that threw the deep ball even in a hybrid WCO. That is not Alex Smith as everyone knows.

If Reid allows the players to do what they do best like Smith handing off to JCharles, finding Bowe on slants with an occasional play action and go up top for honesty (make that rare) and playing field position with an underrated D, the Chiefs have a shot at squeezing in the 6 hole.

Hockey coaches don't mean much, Basketball coaches are good for what? A timeout?, Baseball managers need to understand how to manipulate the bullpen and perform an occasional double switch in the NL.

The NFL coaches, heck the coordinators have such a paramount impact on the results of football games, it's often scary. Andy Reid can be scary. We'll see...