• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A quick peek at the Western Conference standings

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
reveals that teams 1-12 are separated by a mere 6 points. This is the main reason the bonus (some like to call it the loser) point is not going away anytime soon. It keeps teams longer in the hunt and makes them believe they are a contender when they are more likely a pretender (fortunately my Flames are not in the 1-12 grouping). I think you would see considerable more separation with a 3-2-1-0 points system (maybe if I get really bored, I'll do the legwork and produce those results).

Last edited by a moderator:

Bizzle McDizzle

all of your teams suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More proof of the superiority of the Bestern Conference as a whole.

Wait...

What board Is this?
Crap, wrong link.
Nevermind.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol...The main reason for this post is my frustration with Flames mgmt and ownership. Darryl Sutter said earlier this week that he still thinks the Flames are a playoff team and ownership has stated that they're essentially standing pat and believe in the people they have in place. Okay, they're seven points out of a playoff spot, but they also have to leapfrog six teams. Somebody did the math the other day and the Flames have to play at a clip of .640 the rest of the season to get to 95 points. I just don't see it happening.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol...The main reason for this post is my frustration with Flames mgmt and ownership. Darryl Sutter said earlier this week that he still thinks the Flames are a playoff team and ownership has stated that they're essentially standing pat and believe in the people they have in place. Okay, they're seven points out of a playoff spot, but they also have to leapfrog six teams. Somebody did the math the other day and the Flames have to play at a clip of .640 the rest of the season to get to 95 points. I just don't see it happening.

At least your teams ownership/management cares. Mine just sits & watches the team rot before their eyes.:mad: