• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A Question for the Clemson Fans

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there bad blood between you guys and NC State?

Last night you score your last points with 17 seconds to go.

Now, Dabo seemed fine at midfield after the game, but Doren didn't look very pleased.

FWIW...Clemson could have scored a 100 if they wanted to, so I don't see any reason for
NC St to be upset. You emptied your entire bench for the entire second half. And I'm a believer
that you let the second and third team run the plays and show what they can do, not just run it off
tackle. But, for Clemson to empty the bench for 30 minutes and then in the final 2 minutes go on
a drive and punch it in with 17 seconds to play, just made me think that Dabo was sending a
message to them.

I'm pretty sure that ly he sent a message to Louisville, when they went rogue in the 2nd half with
Petrino's thugs and he laid it on them. (They had it coming and deserved it.

Just wondering...

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're over thinking.

Kaplony

Be afraid.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dave Doeren is the biggest bitch in the ACC.

Last time they beat us Wayne Gallman was knocked out the game with an obvious targeting call that wasn't called because #goacc.

A couple years later the Athletic Department social media team had a laptop on the sidelines and in his postgame press conference he demanded that the ACC investigate.

One of his now Co-OCs aggressively pushed Deshaun Watson as he ran out of bounds a few years back.

And two years ago when we played his BE Bradley Chubb kept stealing Kelly Bryant's towel after every play.

Doeren is a perfect fit for the Wolfpack.....overbearing asshole with both a sense of entitlement and a victim's complex.

DeafOranguntan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,105.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you nailed it. If Clemson wanted to crush NC State, they would have beaten them 84-0 or more, instead of starting to sub in the replacements in the second quarter. Dabo has had the same MO all year. Get to a comfortable lead (usually 35-0 or so), then start putting in the second string and eventually empty the benches and play every player possible. However, Dabo doesn't change the playbook for the second stringers. These guys bust their asses all week and he lets them try to move the ball and score. NC State was able to stop the third and fourth stringers last night until that last drive. NC State muffed a punt inside their own 20 with 2 minutes to go. Clemson ran the ball up the middle a few times and scored with 11 seconds left. I don't think he was sending a message to them, though letting Simmons attempt the PAT might have been a little bit of a shot.

That said, there's a lot of bad blood between Clemson and NC State. It's a very, very old rivalry, and probably Clemson's second most hated (the FSU-Clemson rivalry is more important since FSU is usually much better than them - but it's not that heated). The first Textile Bowl was in 1899. People don't really think about it because Clemson dominates NC State (15-1 the last 16 years). Monte Kiffin was the whiny bitch who accused Clemson of recruiting violations in the 80s. In 2015, one of NC State's assistant coaches pushed Deshaun Watson in the back and took a swing at him (that's right, a coach), and Doeren refused to take any responsibility (and that coach is still employed at NC State). In 2016, they injured Wayne Gallman with an uncalled targeting penalty, and Doeren said in the post-conference that one of their goals in the game was to injure him. In 2017, one of their players stole Kelly Bryant's towel, their fans threw bottles and cans at the football team as they left the stadium, and afterwards, Doeren whined about a laptop on Clemson's sidelines that the communications department was using for social media (and tried to order an ACC investigation). This year, it was obvious they left the sprinklers on to water down the field to try to slow Clemson down (it ended up just causing them to fumble it four times). So yeah, Doeren is a real piece of garbage and their fans are trash. Honestly, I might hate NC State more than I hate the Gamecocks.

Last edited:

DeafOranguntan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,105.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dave Doeren is the biggest bitch in the ACC.

Last time they beat us Wayne Gallman was knocked out the game with an obvious targeting call that wasn't called because #goacc.

A couple years later the Athletic Department social media team had a laptop on the sidelines and in his postgame press conference he demanded that the ACC investigate.

One of his now Co-OCs aggressively pushed Deshaun Watson as he ran out of bounds a few years back.

And two years ago when we played his BE Bradley Chubb kept stealing Kelly Bryant's towel after every play.

Doeren is a perfect fit for the Wolfpack.....overbearing asshole with both a sense of entitlement and a victim's complex.

They didn't beat Clemson the year Gallman was intentionally injured. The last time NC State beat Clemson was in 2011. I don't remember any injuries that game, but the running back was Andre Ellington.