• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

a little perspective on Mike Trout

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Until they fail a drug test, they are all clean." - @ImSmartherThanYou

The real eye-opener for folks who think MLB (or sports in general) is clean should be that Alex Rodriguez served the longest suspension for PEDs in the history of the game without testing positive (weren't a handful or more also suspended without positive tests in that deal?).

Look at Lance Armstrong, he was scrutinized for all those years to WADA standards and they couldn't get him. The labs making the PEDs are just too far ahead of the testing. Anthony Bosch's interview on 60 Minutes was pretty fucking enlightening as well.

It's my opinion that if a player pisses hot, it's because he's either buying the cheap stuff, or isn't following directions.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My less-than educated opinion on Harper is that he allows his emotion to take his head out of the game to a degree.

I'd tend to agree, but again, he's 22 years old. If I told you about all the stupid shit I was doing when I was 22, it'd burn off both of your ears.

BTW, nice to see your creepy fucking avatars are back. I don't like them, though. :becky:

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The real eye-opener for folks who think MLB (or sports in general) is clean is that Alex Rodriguez served the longest suspension for PEDs in the history of the game without testing positive.

Look at Lance Armstrong, he was scrutinized for all those years to WADA standards and they couldn't get him. The labs making the PEDs are just too far ahead of the testing. Anthony Bosch's interview on 60 Minutes was pretty fucking enlightening as well.

It's my opinion that if a player pisses hot, it's because he's either buying the cheap stuff, or isn't following directions.

The drug labs and players aren't one step ahead of the league, they're five steps ahead.

And that's by design.

"Prove it!" - @ImSmartherThanYou

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trout's an amazing player, hard to believe he's only 23.

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excellent point. Trout has been other-worldly for any age, let alone his early 20's.

I think this type of perspective is also good to consider when looking at Harper. I'm not comparing Harper to Trout - so far, it's been no comparison -- but Harper's almost a year younger than Bryant and already has about twice as many MLB PAs than Bryant has in the minors.
Good point, Champ. Harper is only 22. Not many players in MLB history have had an OPS+ start like he has by the age of 22. Now if he can just stay on the field...

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So Mike Trout is doing things that couldn't even be duplicated during the 'roids era.

But he's clean, right?

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So Mike Trout is doing things that couldn't even be duplicated during the 'roids era.

But he's clean, right?

Arod had 24 more homers in 1 less full year in the majors by his age 23 season

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But he's clean, right?

Yup. Kids just a GOD

Be blessed to witness his greatness.