• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A couple of posters here implied...

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TA is the definition of game manager.

Not a difference maker. Show me a truly complete game he's played.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All of the games we've won and he's started in?

did I do it right?

He's not fuck hitp worthy but we still won

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Nebraska may actually have a future great QB, but TA would be better suited as a running back. He appears to be the second best running back we have now behind Ameer.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

He's made multiple mistakes in every game he started in, but he is talented enough to have made up for his mistakes, I'll give you that. You certainly are right about him not playing a complete game.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i just don't get how a guy can't read through his progressions and keeps locking on 1 WR out there. There was a play in the 1Q where Bell was running wide open, yet he tried to force a throw to Westerkamp. his 2 INTs, the first Bell went Out of bounds and fell down before he even threw it, so no one had any clue what he was looking at, the 2nd you might be able to place on Westerkamp, TA was expecting him to cut under the defender and instead went behind where there was even more coverage.

The last one is what bothers me the most. It makes me wonder if half the reason TA locks onto a WR is because we are giving our WRs too many reads as to which routes to run. How hard is it to know to run one route against M2M and another against a zone, then TA just runs through the progressions and finds the person who won the battle.

another thing that has always bothered me is that we never "throw anyone open". last week I think TA hit 1 back shoulder throw and I was thinking was that an accident or are we finally going to incorporate that? I have a feeling it was an accident. But there are times where you've got to recognize the coverage and know that someone can break away from their defender and won't get crushed if you put it in the right place.

It all goes back to QB coaching and as NE1tm2nv said, we don't have a QB coach and it's clear we need one. But at this point, I don't know if we don't just need a different OC as the best QB coach probably can't get a QB to go through progressions if the QB doesn't know what routes the WRs are running.

AHFox

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Armstrong does have some deficiencies namely his footwork and going through his progressions. He needs to improve on both. That can be done and a QB coach could help, but that's up to Pelini to make that decision. Tim Beck also needs to stop placing Armstrong into the situations he place him in during the Purdue game. Beck IMO looked to be dazed and confused during the game. Beck should know better. I also can't understand why they don't have a package of plays out of the I-formation for Cross. Cross should be running down hill all the time.

But this offense is not with out it's own deficiencies namely with the o-line. Nebraska still doesn't have the talent up front IMO that's required to be a true contender for NC. First off I just want them to win a B1G Championship. It seems to me just maybe that has change due to the emphasis they place on recruiting both the O-line and D-line.

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't Magnum TA a pro wrestler whose career got cut short by a motorcycle accident :noidea:

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also can't understand why they don't have a package of plays out of the I-formation for Cross. Cross should be running down hill all the time
i was thinking this exact thing every time Cross got the ball. That guy should not be in during read option unless he's the straight ahead guy. it was laughable trying to watch him be the sweep option and him going around the end.

one more thing about TA, i thought he again made some horrible reads in the option game. When he makes the right ones we get big gains but there were quite a few times he needed to keep but handed off. most noticeably, was Ameer's last carry, that looked like a keep all the way (at least I think it was that play).