• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A 9 loss team doesn't deserve to be higher than a 4 seed

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't give a crap what you say.

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Kansas drop from 1 in the RPI yet? :noidea:

/s

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Preaching to the choir. I'm done hearing about what Kansas, Kentucky, UNC (to a lesser degree) etc... "could" do. And they shouldn't be rewarded for so many losses regardless of who they came by.

Let's see a real run, big boys.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Preaching to the choir. I'm done hearing about what Kansas, Kentucky, UNC (to a lesser degree) etc... "could" do. And they shouldn't be rewarded for so many losses regardless of who they came by.

Let's see a real run, big boys.

Umm..

So if Michigan doesn't win the big10 tourney are you saying they should be no better than a 5?

Or is 8 losses all of a sudden ok?

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9 loss teams shouldn't even be a 4 I don't give shit who it is. 9 losses and you're barely in unless you win your tourney

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9 loss teams shouldn't even be a 4 I don't give shit who it is. 9 losses and you're barely in unless you win your tourney

That's such a stupid argument. There are about 6-10 teams that WOULDNT have 9 losses with that schedule. Are you saying this tourney should be 10 teams this year?

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also, Kansas played more tough games in the nonconference than many teams played the whole year

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I fucking hate Kansas, let me make that very clear

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Umm..

So if Michigan doesn't win the big10 tourney are you saying they should be no better than a 5?

Or is 8 losses all of a sudden ok?

We're talking 9 losses being a 4th seed. Why would 8 losses only qualify for a 5th? Not that wins-losses determine seeding but I see Kansas clearly behind Michigan regardless of this weekend's movements.

IMO, Kansas is a 4 seed, right now, while Michigan is a 2-3 seed (yes, I understand they will most likely end up a 1-2) depending on their weekend performance, unless Iowa State (ISU winning helps and hurts Michigan because I see them more deserving if they win the Big 12) and Duke both fall while Michigan wins the B1G Tourney. I wouldn't see any team more deserving of the final 1 seed, at that point, except for maybe UVA and Louisville....SDSU long shot. Just my opinion and it also depends on how well all of these teams play this weekend.

Kansas' case has been made.

Last edited by a moderator:

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't give a crap what you say.

maybe u will get your wish and have Kansas as a 5 and cincy as a 4 in your bracket. good luck with that. I guess scheduling tough should be frowned on

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Georgetown was a 3 seed with 10 losses a few years ago. I remember because Nova was a 2 seed despite being terrible and not only that, but in the weakest region, yet still found a way to lose before the end of the 1st weekend.

Some years, there's a weak pool of teams, and this is one of them years...

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're talking 9 losses being a 4th seed. Why would 8 losses only qualify for a 5th? Not that wins-losses determine seeding but I see Kansas clearly behind Michigan regardless of this weekend's movements.

IMO, Kansas is a 4 seed, right now, while Michigan is a 2-3 seed (yes, I understand they will most likely end up a 1-2) depending on their weekend performance, unless Iowa State (ISU winning helps and hurts Michigan because I see them more deserving if they win the Big 12) and Duke both fall while Michigan wins the B1G Tourney. I wouldn't see any team more deserving of the final 1 seed, at that point, except for maybe UVA and Louisville....SDSU long shot. Just my opinion and it also depends on how well all of these teams play this weekend.

Kansas' case has been made.

I took the thread as being doesn't deserve a 4 or higher. Read it wrong.

But since you agreed with Kansas being at best a 4 I was just curious if you agreed with Michigan being around there too.

I think even with their losses both teams deserve no worse than 3 seeds. Kansas won't have embiid so that May factor but with him i really couldn't bitch if they got a two. Along with michigan(this is assuming of course they lose today, if they win big10 tourney as well there's no case at all lol)

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I took the thread as being doesn't deserve a 4 or higher. Read it wrong.

But since you agreed with Kansas being at best a 4 I was just curious if you agreed with Michigan being around there too.

I think even with their losses both teams deserve no worse than 3 seeds. Kansas won't have embiid so that May factor but with him i really couldn't bitch if they got a two. Along with michigan(this is assuming of course they lose today, if they win big10 tourney as well there's no case at all lol)

this to me is the biggest bs about the committee. who is and isn't hurt should have no weight on who makes the tournament or where they are seeded. their record and who they beat and lost to should be the only criteria. it drives me crazy that ok st is getting rewarded by the committee because their best player was suspended for being an idiot and they got smoked repeatedly

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I fucking hate Kansas, let me make that very clear
finally you got to the point. Would have been less stressful if ya just said that to begin with. As for 9 losses that is nothing to write home about - the country is full of them. To make the case a 9 loss team is a 4 is nuts in my book. Syr is a 4 maybe a 5 and they have 5 losses. Lets be realisitic

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
finally you got to the point. Would have been less stressful if ya just said that to begin with. As for 9 losses that is nothing to write home about - the country is full of them. To make the case a 9 loss team is a 4 is nuts in my book. Syr is a 4 maybe a 5 and they have 5 losses. Lets be realisitic

Sorry but 'Cuse might have 13 losses with Kansas's schedule

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this to me is the biggest bs about the committee. who is and isn't hurt should have no weight on who makes the tournament or where they are seeded. their record and who they beat and lost to should be the only criteria. it drives me crazy that ok st is getting rewarded by the committee because their best player was suspended for being an idiot and they got smoked repeatedly

I agree with you completely. But that seems to be how they do it for whatever reason.

I can see maybe if I guy was hurt to start the year and missed some games then when he came back the team got on fire. But even then I think it still should be about the wins and losses/resume.