• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

# 9 is available

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to make a deal for Bobby Ryan.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be ok with it. The thing is, if JJ is involved in this deal then we need to start looking for a center as well. Especially if, god forbid, Zajac leaves next year we're left with Henrique and that's about it at center.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The asking price will be at least a 2nd line forward, a top 3 d-man, top prospect and/or 1st round pick.
I would give them the 1st round pick and then forfeit it hoping nobody notices

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The asking price will be at least a 2nd line forward, a top 3 d-man, top prospect and/or 1st round pick.
I would give them the 1st round pick and then forfeit it hoping nobody notices

I think we've discussed it before on here, it would probably be something like Tedenby, JJ, D Man (Zids?), prospect/pick.

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Bobby is a great player and still young and developing. However, I don't think there's a deal that can be made that would leave the Devils immediately being better. You would have to give up Henrique or Clarkson and probably Merrill. Plus a first. That's a lot.

You could wait until next season and back the bank truck up for a guy like Corey Perry.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bobby is a great player and still young and developing. However, I don't think there's a deal that can be made that would leave the Devils immediately being better. You would have to give up Henrique or Clarkson and probably Merrill. Plus a first. That's a lot.

You could wait until next season and back the bank truck up for a guy like Corey Perry.

As Cup mentioned though, you have to figure the Nash deal can be used against them. Obviously Howson sucks, but that has to be the benchmark for trades from here on out.

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
As Cup mentioned though, you have to figure the Nash deal can be used against them. Obviously Howson sucks, but that has to be the benchmark for trades from here on out.

If you're to work off the Nash trade, you need to give up Clarkson, Merrill, JJ, and a 1st.

That's not a lot of immediate pieces, but still a heavy, heavy price to pay. Realistically we'd want to deal from a position of strength, defense to get a forward.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i will give up clarkson jj and a 1st....give a different d man then merrill...i dont even think erixon was the rangers best prospect. doubt the devils would have to give their best prospect up

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
love clarkson but hes getting 17 goals this year....if he is tradable i would do it. hell throw in tedenby if they want also. the kid hasnt taken the next step and who knows if he will. also i havent seen that much out of jj except an injury report.

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i will give up clarkson jj and a 1st....give a different d man then merrill...i dont even think erixon was the rangers best prospect. doubt the devils would have to give their best prospect up

I'd trade Clarkson, Teds, Urbom and a 2nd.

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The other side of the coin is that with Nash off the table Ryan may go up since there are no other top level choices out there

DevFan60

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lou should at least try to do something for this trade. Who knows maybe he is trying it behind closed doors so nobody would know. I wish.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 thing I do like is that, although they weren't major trades, Lou has dealt with Anaheim before (Sheldon Brookbank trade, Kurtis Foster this past season). So they are familiar with one another and the fact they've done more than 1 trade shows they both trust each other and aren't afraid of getting ripped off. Hopefully there is still some relationship there.

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A trade like this would keep fans in seats. I'll always be a fan of this team no matter what. However, there are a lot of fickle fans out there and losing Parise and not replacing him may alienate some or many. We get Ryan and one could argue this team is just as good if not better than it was last season. Without a guy like that and we still have a huge hole. My hope is Lou pulls this off and later in the season adds even more to this team as we make a return trip to the Final. This time, the Devils win it as Parise has to watch a fellow American wearing his number raise the Cup for NJ that he couldn't win, knowing he won't win one in Minnesota.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
SJ that is spot on. A reason that I feel we are in financal trouble. Took 9 years to get back to the finals after losing core players. I dont think this franchise can go another 9 years of 1st round kos.

I know its not easy to reach them but I think fans esp fringe fans will stay if the team is exciting to watch. Not sure now but the devils use to have the 3rd most expensive game experience for a fam of 4

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SJ that is spot on. A reason that I feel we are in financal trouble. Took 9 years to get back to the finals after losing core players. I dont think this franchise can go another 9 years of 1st round kos.

I know its not easy to reach them but I think fans esp fringe fans will stay if the team is exciting to watch. Not sure now but the devils use to have the 3rd most expensive game experience for a fam of 4

The reason the team is in financial trouble is beek bought in with (almost) all borrowed money (his wall street buddies were eager to lend to their pal). The team actually turns a modest profit (more this past year going to the finals) on operations. But it is virtually impossible to meet the debt service with the load of OPM our principal owner laid on. No amount of sold out games will fix that until they get more equity in to pay out a big chunk of debt.

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Would anyone trade Larsson straight up for Bobby Ryan?

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I would not. He has potential to be one of if not the best all around defenseman in the league in a few years.