• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

#8 Minnesota at #1 Chicago playoff thread

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is like you stole this right out of my head

Towards the end of the game and in OT it was a bit more even as the speed guys lost a step...but still. Those long periods stuck in the D zone are killer...and there were pucks I'm used to seeing won pretty easily on the boards (aka, I watch the Pens, a fast team), and they were losing them with little contest.

The Q stache

Cabbie Slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Towards the end of the game and in OT it was a bit more even as the speed guys lost a step...but still. Those long periods stuck in the D zone are killer...and there were pucks I'm used to seeing won pretty easily on the boards (aka, I watch the Pens, a fast team), and they were losing them with little contest.

Its definetly more strenuous energy spent when you are on d all the time.

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So hey.

Went to tape this game, because, well, if the Flyers aren't going to play I might as well watch SOMEBODY, and why not the hometown team.

Set up the recording on NBCSports, went to work, came home, played recording.

WHY THE FUCK AM I WATCHING GAME EIGHT OF THE 1972 SUMMIT SERIES?!?!?!!?!?!?!?

gmalis1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great game. Always fun to win and more exciting to win in OT. Hawks played poorly in the first period...and everyone including the coaches and players knew it. Crawford with his usual bad goal in the playoffs, but this one at the beginning rather than losing it in OT like he usually does.

Great goaltending after that by both Crawford and Harding. Who gets hurt in warmups? Backstrom tweaked a groin I'm guessing. His return will be questionable throughout the rest of the playoffs. Just ask Emery how tough an injury that is to come back from.

Wild surprised me. I thought they had great team speed, had sufficient enough quality chances to win offensively and defensively I thought they were more than solid limiting the Hawks chances to mostly outside shots that rarely got through or were one and done. Just a couple of extended shifts in the offensive zone by the Hawks.

A very close game that really could have gone either way (see Zucker's shot off the crossbar about a minute before the game winner by the Hawks).

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Suter earning his money tonight. played more than 41 minutes.
14 minutes more than the most heavily used Hawk.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brodin...this is my first chance seeing him. Wow. Impressive. Irony being that as good as that pair was, the OT winner came against them...from the Hawks 4th line. Fresh legs>>

gmalis1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pixbugher...Hit by Shaw shakes puck loose, Oduya off the glass to Stalberg to Bickell for the sweet forehand/backhand winner.

If you would take off your Eastern Conference glasses, you would know that Bickell/Shaw/Stalberg is the Hawks THIRD line. The third line has been super productive all season long and usually outplays the opposing team by a wide margin. Had some dominating shifts again tonight and it was only fitting that they scored the game winner.

The Hawks fourth line of Bollig/Kruger/Frolik couldn't score a goal if it was as wide as Lake Michigan.

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pixbugher...Hit by Shaw shakes puck loose, Oduya off the glass to Stalberg to Bickell for the sweet forehand/backhand winner.

If you would take off your Eastern Conference glasses, you would know that Bickell/Shaw/Stalberg is the Hawks THIRD line. The third line has been super productive all season long and usually outplays the opposing team by a wide margin. Had some dominating shifts again tonight and it was only fitting that they scored the game winner.

The Hawks fourth line of Bollig/Kruger/Frolik couldn't score a goal if it was as wide as Lake Michigan.

Let's calm down, Gmal. Pix is good people, and it's kind of nuts to expect everyone to know the third vs. fourth lines for every team, or really any team but their own, honestly. I don't know what the CBS boards were like, but if they were similar to the cesspool that is ESPN, you should know that this isn't the kind of forum where people get into those rivalries, so let's hold off on accusing folks of conference-ism.

Edit: That said, welcome to the boards. Looks like you've been around for a week and your posts seem nice enough. If you were just joking, I apologize for not being able to read your intentions. If you are trying to talk trash, well, there'll be plenty of time for that if you play Pittsburgh in the finals (and if that's the case, I will be backing you up on every barb you sling against those filthy flightless bastards).

Last edited by a moderator:

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's calm down, Gmal. Pix is good people, and it's kind of nuts to expect everyone to know the third vs. fourth lines for every team, or really any team but their own, honestly.

Yeah, not everyone is Linda Cohn on here.

IndyAndy

I can't reMember
Paddock Stand, Section 23, Row QQ, Seat 4
Hoopla Cash
$ 545.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taped the game last night while at work & watched it when I got home - well; except for the part where the Hawks got their OT winner, because I didn't set the VCR for long enough!!! :(

Anyways, great game by the Wild last night, but I still tend to agree with those who believe that they'll be hard pressed to accomplish much more than keep their losses hard-fought & close.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Q stache

Cabbie Slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So hey.

Went to tape this game, because, well, if the Flyers aren't going to play I might as well watch SOMEBODY, and why not the hometown team.

Set up the recording on NBCSports, went to work, came home, played recording.

WHY THE FUCK AM I WATCHING GAME EIGHT OF THE 1972 SUMMIT SERIES?!?!?!!?!?!?!?

Because Minnesota had their own broadcast

The Q stache

Cabbie Slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anyone else see this stat?

mark messier, mario lemieux and gordie howe combined for 0 career playoff overtime goals...Bryan Bickell has 2

HockeyDoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suter earning his money tonight. played more than 41 minutes.
14 minutes more than the most heavily used Hawk.

who happens to be their number 6 dman.

Q is was rolling 3 pairs and 4 lines right from the puck drop. Minnesota will probably have to jump out to multi-goal leads early to make it a long series.

Excellent showing by Harding.

That Clutterbuck goal reminded me of the soft 55 footer Niemi let in game one against Nashville a few years ago. This outcome was better.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crikey people are sensitive. I didn't even say anything remotely negative...except that the Wild skate in sand in comparison.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, not everyone is Linda Cohn on here.

tumblr_lz7qj68yHT1r31g5t.gif

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because Minnesota had their own broadcast

So I learned, but the cable guide said that channel would show the Wild game. Stupid cable company. Stupid Minnesota. It's snowing today.