• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

#8 Minnesota at #1 Chicago playoff thread

BlueWolfZero

Disruptive troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice tidy series win for the Blackhawks.....
Kind of a sad but appropriate end to the Northwest division however

gmalis1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawks win and move on.

Crawford stellar in net...7 goals allowed in 5 games. Wow.

Still don't know why the Wild didn't play Games 4 and 5 like they did in Game 3? Keep a body on the Hawks down low, creating turnovers and getting the puck from behind the net to out in front. Wild got totally away from that the last two games.

Lack of depth, talent and speed really showed between the difference in these two teams.

And I know Ryan Suter is a Norris Trophy finalist, but geez...I wasn't impressed. Sure, he logs a ton of minutes. And sure, he's a really big body, but come on. He's got one of the best shots on either team and he kept passing up shot after shot after shot, especially on the power play. And I have no idea what his +/- rating was in the series, but it had to be bad...really bad. Every time the Hawks scored I would look up and it would seem like Suter was on the ice for the goal.

So, Wild fans. Do you think the Wild got their money's worth by signing Suter and Zach Parise (who, along with Mikko Koivu were virtually invisible in the series)? Not sure the two of them are worth the huge amount of money they are paid.

Who would think that Kane and Toews go scoreless in the series and the Hawks still win easily? Plenty of secondary scoring all around. Sharp has six goals in the regular season with a ton of injuries, then scores five goals in the first round.

Offensively challenged Michael Frolik and Marcus Kruger BOTH score in the opening round.

The Hawks third line of Bickell-Shaw-Stalberg doing major damage in the whole series.

Hawks defensively good enough, although they still seem to run around in their own end at times with difficulty clearing the zone. Not so enamored with Rozsival and Oduya as much as I was in the regular season. Turned the puck over lots in this series.

Interesting next series matchup. Sharks playing great, ousting the Canucks in four straight. Very productive power play. Antti Niemi in goal who has been spectacular all season, a Vezina Trophy finalist and the winning goalie for the Hawks back in 2010. Wings need to win two straight against the Ducks...good luck with that. Would love to play the Wings as it's a great rivalry and the Hawks have more talent, more speed and more skill than the Wings. Howard's been great in the series, but still can give up the occasional bad goal.

We'll see how it all plays out.

IndyAndy

I can't reMember
Paddock Stand, Section 23, Row QQ, Seat 4
Hoopla Cash
$ 545.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...Still don't know why the Wild didn't play Games 4 and 5 like they did in Game 3? Keep a body on the Hawks down low, creating turnovers and getting the puck from behind the net to out in front. Wild got totally away from that the last two games.

Lack of depth, talent and speed really showed between the difference in these two teams.

And I know Ryan Suter is a Norris Trophy finalist, but geez...I wasn't impressed. Sure, he logs a ton of minutes. And sure, he's a really big body, but come on. He's got one of the best shots on either team and he kept passing up shot after shot after shot, especially on the power play. And I have no idea what his +/- rating was in the series, but it had to be bad...really bad. Every time the Hawks scored I would look up and it would seem like Suter was on the ice for the goal.

So, Wild fans. Do you think the Wild got their money's worth by signing Suter and Zach Parise (who, along with Mikko Koivu were virtually invisible in the series)? Not sure the two of them are worth the huge amount of money they are paid.

Who would think that Kane and Toews go scoreless in the series and the Hawks still win easily? Plenty of secondary scoring all around. Sharp has six goals in the regular season with a ton of injuries, then scores five goals in the first round. ...

I think that the highlighted paragraph answers all of your points re: the Wild.

Parise & Suter are worth the money IMO, but they can't carry the load alone. The Wild need more scoring depth than just those two guys + two others (Pominville & Heatley) who weren't healthy for the series. Usually they can count on Koivu & Setaguchi for SOMETHING, but it just didn't happen this time around.

Bottom line IMO: what the Wild need most is simply another season - or two at the most - for all of the youngsters (and we do seem to have some potentially good ones ATM) to develop their games a bit further, and then they will be a legitimate contender.

... Although after the April collapse, I'm not going to be completely surprised if Fletcher decides to roll the dice and bring in a new head coach.

Last edited by a moderator:

jrs21

I'm a Bullet Proof Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hey Hawks fans,
Nice series win for your team, Hawks are looking pretty good! They were just on another level than the Wild were and it showed in every game. Good luck to your team the rest of the way. Just know that the Wild will be coming for revenge next year!

sabre0917

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Minnesota wild...... Lets sum up the 2012-2013 season. Spend 198 million on 2 players; give up 2 prospects and a 1st round draft pick for 1 playoff win. Good job wild!

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^

lol - Is it going to be this way for the next 12 years?

/just askin'?

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minnesota wild...... Lets sum up the 2012-2013 season. Spend 198 million on 2 players; give up 2 prospects and a 1st round draft pick for 1 playoff win. Good job wild!

Let's not forget that they got into the playoffs at the expense of a team that was on a 19-5-5 tear going in. One less Wild point and that 1st round series would have at least been competitive.

Fucking Wild.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's not forget that they got into the playoffs at the expense of a team that was on a 19-5-5 tear going in. One less Wild point and that 1st round series would have at least been competitive.

Fucking Wild.

Still not sure how Chuck Kobasew's second period goal was waived off in that last game of the regular season - looked like a pretty phantom call to me