• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

8/24 GDT Buccos @ Still the Champs

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Pavlovic/Steward

The Giants have been outscored 34-10 in the first five games of this homestand in which they’ve gone 1-4 so far. Here’s tonight’s cast to try and improve those numbers against nasty lefty Francisco Liriano (14-5, 2.53):

2B Scutaro
SS Arias
1B Posey
RF Pence
LF Pill
3B Sandoval
C Sanchez
CF Blanco
P Lincecum

More ugly numbers:

–The Giants have lost 15 of their last 20 at home and have just one series win in their last nine at AT&T.

–The Giants are 3-14 in Lincecum’s last 17 outings, but he has received one or fewer runs of support in 11 of those outings.

–The Giants are now 9-23 against the N.L. Central. Only the Marlins have been worse at 7-22.

Angel Pagan went 1-for-3 with two RBIs in his first rehab appearance with Triple-A Fresno Friday night. Pagan has gone 3-for-14 with a triple, two walks and three runs scored in five rehab games so far. Barring a setback, he’ll rejoin the Giants at some point next week.

OK, some positive numbers:

–Brett Pill is hitting .361 in his nine starts.

–Pablo Sandoval is starting to pick it up. He’s 14-for-34 with seven RBIs in his last 10 games, but hasn’t homered in his last 127 at-bats dating back to July 12.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blanco ought to be hitting at least 12th in this lineup. Noggin says he wants a good CF to help cover Pill in LF. Why not Pegs? He played 61 games in CF in 2010 in San Jose. He is not a natural CF, but Blanco couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat these days. Play the kids!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Timmeh cannot get out of the 6th. Now 5-3, Bucs still batting.

Mijares comes in and promptly gives up a run scoring single. He needs to pitch more often, and longer, but Noggin pulled him after only one hitter.

Freeport 22

The Chosen One
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every starter with a hit tonight ( except Timmy )

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
zCVKY.gif

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First game of the year I didn't watch

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carp! Already 4-0 Giants. Don't they know there is a draft pick at stake?!? And Timmeh pitching like he means it. :L

OK, I'm seriously confused Stokesy. Are you mad when they lose yet another game, or mad when they win and possibly worsen their draft pick? Because in this thread you seem to be nonjokingly complaining about both. You've become the perfect negativity machine, and we haven't had one of those since N....I can't say his name.

If you really want the draft pick, you should be cheering their lousy RISP hitting and applauding Blanco leading off. So which is it?

:confused:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, I'm seriously confused Stokesy. Are you mad when they lose yet another game, or mad when they win and possibly worsen their draft pick? Because in this thread you seem to be nonjokingly complaining about both. You've become the perfect negativity machine, and we haven't had one of those since N....I can't say his name.

If you really want the draft pick, you should be cheering their lousy RISP hitting and applauding Blanco leading off. So which is it?

:confused:

I am also confused. :D

Most of the kvetching like this is tongue in cheek, I think. As soon as I cross the line to NN, feel free to have Cal ban me, as it is certainly a ban worthy offense.

I always hope the Giants will win, and it pains me when they do not. Much negativity comes out of this sort of pain, I think. :bawling:

On the other hand, say the Giants go 30-10 in their last 40 games (I can't remember how many they have left, this is just for argument's sake). What message does that send to Sabes and the owners? That we are OK as a team, and like in 2013, we can enter 2014 with minor tweaks? If that's the case, I am tempted to want to blow up the rest of the season, watch the kids play, rest the vets, get a good draft pick, and the message then becomes, "Holy junk, we have some issues!"

No one in the organization (I don't think) believes the Giants don't have issues. Nor is there much disagreement as to what the issues are (starting pitching, a LF, etc). What varies, I think, is the sense of urgency.

I am certainly glad I am not Sabes, as I would not want to have to make the decisions he has to make. Personally, I look at Boston blowing up last two years as a reason they are where they are today. They could have kept AGon and Craw and the rest, but they blew it up, and got better. I am for doing whatever it takes to get back to being a fundamentally good baseball team, blowing up or standing pat, it matters not to me the method, only the outcome.

So yeah, I apologize for being a negative Nancy. It is very frustrating to see the same mistakes being made over and over and over again, and no changes to the approach. Thanks for the chastisement, truly.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am also confused. :D

Most of the kvetching like this is tongue in cheek, I think. As soon as I cross the line to NN, feel free to have Cal ban me, as it is certainly a ban worthy offense.

I always hope the Giants will win, and it pains me when they do not. Much negativity comes out of this sort of pain, I think. :bawling:

On the other hand, say the Giants go 30-10 in their last 40 games (I can't remember how many they have left, this is just for argument's sake). What message does that send to Sabes and the owners? That we are OK as a team, and like in 2013, we can enter 2014 with minor tweaks? If that's the case, I am tempted to want to blow up the rest of the season, watch the kids play, rest the vets, get a good draft pick, and the message then becomes, "Holy junk, we have some issues!"

No one in the organization (I don't think) believes the Giants don't have issues. Nor is there much disagreement as to what the issues are (starting pitching, a LF, etc). What varies, I think, is the sense of urgency.

I am certainly glad I am not Sabes, as I would not want to have to make the decisions he has to make. Personally, I look at Boston blowing up last two years as a reason they are where they are today. They could have kept AGon and Craw and the rest, but they blew it up, and got better. I am for doing whatever it takes to get back to being a fundamentally good baseball team, blowing up or standing pat, it matters not to me the method, only the outcome.

So yeah, I apologize for being a negative Nancy. It is very frustrating to see the same mistakes being made over and over and over again, and no changes to the approach. Thanks for the chastisement, truly.

If the Giants win 3/4 of their games the rest of the way I'll send $100 more to Junior Giants.
I'm not worried.

There's nothing to blow up, we need better luck with health and a left fielder. I think we compete with a healthy Pagan and Scutaro, Panda in a contract year, Belt emerging, Timmy finally effective as a #3, etc.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Giants win 3/4 of their games the rest of the way I'll send $100 more to Junior Giants.
I'm not worried.

There's nothing to blow up, we need better luck with health and a left fielder. I think we compete with a healthy Pagan and Scutaro, Panda in a contract year, Belt emerging, Timmy finally effective as a #3, etc.

Why wait? Do it anyway? :D