• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MLB Daily Thread: 8/24/2017: Hill loses perfection & owns it, Sox romp, and someone in Watertown won Powerball

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he'll get close to 5/100 on the open market, so I'm sure the Yankees would like to have him back at 3/67

Sounds bout right

Pitching in the most offensive division and ballpark, is imagine he'd be pretty good in the NL in like SF or something

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sox

Watcha know about this Japanese kid that might be posted

Pitches as good as he hits

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds bout right

Pitching in the most offensive division and ballpark, is imagine he'd be pretty good in the NL in like SF or something
Last year was a joke for starting pitchers in free agency. Danny Duffy got the biggest contract. With Darvish, Arrieta, and Tanaka available, I think money will be flying.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sox

Watcha know about this Japanese kid that might be posted

Pitches as good as he hits
Only what I read and that he's a big dude. Like 6'4, 210 and he hasn't pitched this year

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting.....Today is one of those days, Fullmer vs Garcia, Girardi will rest most of his lineup cause its a day game and he's an idiot

Love to steal todays game, come home vs Seattle with a chance to really get on a roll

Topic making the rounds here

Tanaka has looked like the real Tanaka for a while now in the second half

Would you bet on him opting out of $67 million

Or not?
since june 23rd

10 starts
5-4
3.09 ERA
opponents hitting .217
64 IP
69 k's

nice turn around...but i wouldnt trust that surgery in waitng arm of his.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
since june 23rd

10 starts
5-4
3.09 ERA
opponents hitting .217
64 IP
69 k's

nice turn around...but i wouldnt trust that surgery in waitng arm of his.
My guess is he's on the Astros next year.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting.....Today is one of those days, Fullmer vs Garcia, Girardi will rest most of his lineup cause its a day game and he's an idiot

Love to steal todays game, come home vs Seattle with a chance to really get on a roll

Topic making the rounds here

Tanaka has looked like the real Tanaka for a while now in the second half

Would you bet on him opting out of $67 million

Or not?
Fuck you, Alice.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. Floyd Mayweather vs. Conor McGregor: Expert Picks for the Megafight

Jeremy Botter:
    Anyone who says anything other than Floyd Mayweather here is either a) really hoping that underdog betting slip cashes or b) part of Conor McGregor's immediate family or training camp. Because, look, anything can happen in a fist fight, blah blah blah. But this is perhaps the greatest defensive boxer of all time—someone who is basically unhittable even by top-tier boxers—and he is facing a person literally making their boxing debut. Not just his pro debut. His debut, period. Unless Mayweather spaces mentally and gets caught (he won't), this is a cakewalk. Mayweather by TKO, likely by Round 7.

Chad Dundas: I still think the only reasonable pick here is Mayweather by unanimous decision, though I’m coming around to the idea that McGregor may have his moments. If Conor’s southpaw power can be the game-changer in boxing it is in MMA, we might have a fight on our hands.

Lyle Fitzsimmons: Could the impossible happen? Yes. Will it happen? No. Though McGregor is the bigger, stronger and younger man, the chasm in boxing ability between he and Mayweather is simply too wide. The Notorious One may provide a spark or two early, but his inability to land cleanly while taking too many shots in return will ultimately be a deciding factor. Money grinds him down and gets the stoppage around the fight’s midway point—call it Round 6.

Kevin McRae: Lots of people with a vested financial interest in this fight are trying to convince you that somehow an MMA fighter with zero boxing rounds under his belt could be even competitive against one of the best technical fighters of all time. Don’t believe them. Mayweather wins this fight by an Andre Berto-like (Conor loses every round) unanimous decision.

Jonathan Snowden: Mayweather was the best boxer in the world for a decade. McGregor has never had a boxing match. And, while the UFC star has preternatural gifts, the experience deficit will be too much to overcome. Mayweather, TKO, Round 8.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jeremy Botter:
    Anyone who says anything other than Floyd Mayweather here is either a) really hoping that underdog betting slip cashes or b) part of Conor McGregor's immediate family or training camp. Because, look, anything can happen in a fist fight, blah blah blah. But this is perhaps the greatest defensive boxer of all time—someone who is basically unhittable even by top-tier boxers—and he is facing a person literally making their boxing debut. Not just his pro debut. His debut, period. Unless Mayweather spaces mentally and gets caught (he won't), this is a cakewalk. Mayweather by TKO, likely by Round 7.

Chad Dundas: I still think the only reasonable pick here is Mayweather by unanimous decision, though I’m coming around to the idea that McGregor may have his moments. If Conor’s southpaw power can be the game-changer in boxing it is in MMA, we might have a fight on our hands.

Lyle Fitzsimmons: Could the impossible happen? Yes. Will it happen? No. Though McGregor is the bigger, stronger and younger man, the chasm in boxing ability between he and Mayweather is simply too wide. The Notorious One may provide a spark or two early, but his inability to land cleanly while taking too many shots in return will ultimately be a deciding factor. Money grinds him down and gets the stoppage around the fight’s midway point—call it Round 6.

Kevin McRae: Lots of people with a vested financial interest in this fight are trying to convince you that somehow an MMA fighter with zero boxing rounds under his belt could be even competitive against one of the best technical fighters of all time. Don’t believe them. Mayweather wins this fight by an Andre Berto-like (Conor loses every round) unanimous decision.

Jonathan Snowden: Mayweather was the best boxer in the world for a decade. McGregor has never had a boxing match. And, while the UFC star has preternatural gifts, the experience deficit will be too much to overcome. Mayweather, TKO, Round 8.
Yeah it's not going to be good

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, I caught that game winning home run, could you imagine if it was three years ago and Granderson gets that extra 8 inches to make that catch? I could not believe how close he got to that ball, would have been the best no hit saving play ever.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jeremy Botter:

It will be Vegas darkest day if the impossible happens

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jeremy Botter:

Certainly not worth the $100 PPV tag

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Certainly not worth the $100 PPV tag
nope. it will go a few rounds just because mcgregor is in such good MMA shape...

they are using 8 oz gloves vs 10, advantage mcgregor there. thats it tho. hes gonna punch himself into exhaustion.

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Korey Kluber Kunt

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, I caught that game winning home run, could you imagine if it was three years ago and Granderson gets that extra 8 inches to make that catch? I could not believe how close he got to that ball, would have been the best no hit saving play ever.

He was incredibly close. Didn't look to me like he had time to judge his leap, otherwise he might have gotten that.

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bryce Brentz leads the International League in homers now. . .

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poor Rich Hill. Pitched an almost no hitter. unfortunately he'll be remembered more for losing the game than anything else he did that game.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nope. it will go a few rounds just because mcgregor is in such good MMA shape...

they are using 8 oz gloves vs 10, advantage mcgregor there. thats it tho. hes gonna punch himself into exhaustion.
Mayweather willing to give him an advantage with the gloves shows he has no shot and Mayweather knows it.