• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

8-1

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
great weekend for ND. 100% win out we are in.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LSU is very beatable if you can even slow down or stop Fournette which Notre Dame really did for the most part in their bowl game minus a couple of plays.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also I firmly believe the champion of the AAC will have one loss on the season to Notre Dame.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more Navy and Temple win the better Notre Dame's wins against them look even with teams like Texas and Georgia Tech dropping goose eggs most of the season.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
guys we need clemson to win out now. its a fact. it looks good for ND

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
guys we need clemson to win out now. its a fact. it looks good for ND

At this point the loss to Clemson looks good, but we may need them to lose before this is over. The SEC champ is getting in. An undefeated Big Ten champ gets in(Ohio State). An undefeated Big 12 champ gets in, and an undefeated ACC champ gets in. If Baylor or Ok. State run the table and Ohio State finishes undefeated, we will need Clemson to lose to North Carolina in the ACC championship game.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point the loss to Clemson looks good, but we may need them to lose before this is over. The SEC champ is getting in. An undefeated Big Ten champ gets in(Ohio State). An undefeated Big 12 champ gets in, and an undefeated ACC champ gets in. If Baylor or Ok. State run the table and Ohio State finishes undefeated, we will need Clemson to lose to North Carolina in the ACC championship game.
no 1 loss does crap we would need 2 from them. win out and it looks great.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well that would be fine as well. I personally don't believe Baylor or Oklahoma State are winning out.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh sweet Jesus get over yourself. Luck happens. Luck also gets too much credit. I've cited specific examples of ND getting lucky (see my post re: Pitt 2012) But executing plays to win the game is not luck, it's skill. Fuller being a better athlete and getting open is skill, not luck. Kizer making the throw is skill not luck (the ball bouncing up to him when he was throwing it away to ice the game was luck, but there's no guarantee Temple would have scored. I don't understand why you continue to rail against that but since you're so sure you're right and everyone else disagreeing with you is wrong I'll have a little more fun knocking that dumb position.

you don't? maybe it's because YOU, you clown, brought it all up again? you made several references to last weeks 'discussion' in this thread to egg me on so why are you so surprised i reacted?
the point HERE was that you freaking lied to purguy when you said "" You missed @idseer's rant that we're just a lucky team?"" when i never said any such thing. and you don't have the balls to admit it.
and "everyone else" did NOT disagree with me. what, it takes one person who agrees with you to make "everyone"? you don't think much of yourself do you?

you're a kind of snake jj. you're the jerk who turned all this into a ridiculous argument (which i predicted it would be the first time i said to let it go) and now you carried it over into the next week and you blame me? you may have been here a lot longer than me but i'd say that even to your friends here you look like a jerk.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you don't? maybe it's because YOU, you clown, brought it all up again? you made several references to last weeks 'discussion' in this thread to egg me on so why are you so surprised i reacted?
the point HERE was that you freaking lied to purguy when you said "" You missed @idseer's rant that we're just a lucky team?"" when i never said any such thing. and you don't have the balls to admit it.
and "everyone else" did NOT disagree with me. what, it takes one person who agrees with you to make "everyone"? you don't think much of yourself do you?

you're a kind of snake jj. you're the jerk who turned all this into a ridiculous argument (which i predicted it would be the first time i said to let it go) and now you carried it over into the next week and you blame me? you may have been here a lot longer than me but i'd say that even to your friends here you look like a jerk.
Dude, you're taking yourself way too seriously. I wasn't the only one that took issue with your statements. I am just having fun is all. I know you didn't say we're lucky all the time. What you did say was that we were lucky to beat Temple (to the exclusion of any other possibilities I might add). There, happy now? Good God, it's a message board, why so serious?

PS I never said "everyone else" I said everyone else disagreeing with you there were several, I did not say all. Again get over yourself already.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 2012 team was far luckier than this years team, with the Pitt game the Stanford goal line stand and so on. This years team hasn't played their best at times and kept teams in games that shouldn't be in the game but have also made the plays they needed to to win most games. Personally I don't consider that lucky but that is me. Lucky is the Pitt kicker missing a a field goal or the Michigan State blocked Punt TD or Miami's win over Duke (bad officiating as well).

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no 1 loss does crap we would need 2 from them. win out and it looks great.

I disagree. An early season loss can be overcome, like Ohio State last year or Alabama this year. A late season loss will drop you out of the playoff. No team that loses its last game is getting into the playoff.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 2012 team was far luckier than this years team, with the Pitt game the Stanford goal line stand and so on. This years team hasn't played their best at times and kept teams in games that shouldn't be in the game but have also made the plays they needed to to win most games. Personally I don't consider that lucky but that is me. Lucky is the Pitt kicker missing a a field goal or the Michigan State blocked Punt TD or Miami's win over Duke (bad officiating as well).
Or the fact we didn't get flagged for having two guys with the same jersey number on the field for the missed fg in overtime with Pitt. Would have given them a first down to either kick a closer fg or punch it in

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I choose to call this team a resilient team. I'm proud of this resilient group of young men. This season has been enjoyable to me as a Notre Dame fan. I've probably been a fan longer than anyone else here on this board.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a good way to describe them Work, I also have to say that as much as we all question Kelly's play calling at times his recruiting is really showing up this year with how many players they've lost and how well the replacements have played.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a good way to describe them Work, I also have to say that as much as we all question Kelly's play calling at times his recruiting is really showing up this year with how many players they've lost and how well the replacements have played.
Exactly, you always have to look at the big picture. You always have to be cognizant of the alternative. Very few coaches if any do it all right. Seems like Saban and Meyer are about the only two that you can just put above Kelly if you look at the total picture. If I am not sold on anyone in particular it's Brian Van Gorder.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly, you always have to look at the big picture. You always have to be cognizant of the alternative. Very few coaches if any do it all right. Seems like Saban and Meyer are about the only two that you can just put above Kelly if you look at the total picture. If I am not sold on anyone in particular it's Brian Van Gorder.

I agree with Van Gorder because it seems like he isn't willing to or can't streamline his pro style defense for young kids to understand which is an issue to me. I also understand that at Notre Dame you are more likely to have guys for 4 or 5 years than other schools and have guys start for a year or two so maybe once he's been here a little longer it won't be as much of an issue.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, you're taking yourself way too seriously. I wasn't the only one that took issue with your statements. I am just having fun is all. I know you didn't say we're lucky all the time. What you did say was that we were lucky to beat Temple (to the exclusion of any other possibilities I might add). There, happy now? Good God, it's a message board, why so serious?

PS I never said "everyone else" I said everyone else disagreeing with you there were several, I did not say all. Again get over yourself already.

let's go to the urban dictionary on this ...

definition GET OVER YOURSELF:

patronizing phrase used to tell someone that you believe they hold too high an opinion of themselves, or are behaving in a conceited or pompous manner.

i hold too high an opinion of myself because i called nd lucky in the temple game, or fight for my right to suggest it? pompus? i don't see it. sounds like a phrase you use when you have nothing else to say. so, how does it lighten your burden to say that? just curious.

just having fun at someone else's expense, if it's a friend is fine. someone you don't know .... not so nice, or smart.

ok, i'm through.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I choose to call this team a resilient team. I'm proud of this resilient group of young men. This season has been enjoyable to me as a Notre Dame fan. I've probably been a fan longer than anyone else here on this board.
I love this team. Like I said before I just wish if the D was going to be so so at least be a bend but don't break kind of D that gets turnovers. This D overall is just bad and I don't think its the players. Its the DC and his scheme.

Lillyliverd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really nice win beating a good team. I have to admit I was worried that we might lose this one. The defense continues to underachieve relative to talent.