• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 76ers Vs Lakers Dec 29, 2013

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D'Antoni needs to go but you're still not winning without talent. The roster that played tonight has none. There are like 3 maybe 4 usable players if you're a winning team. Don't get confused just because certain guys put up stats. Even on bad teams, someone has to fill the stat sheet. No one loses 100-0. That's my point. This team stinks. It's ceiling, even with everyone healthy (including Kobe) was likely 8th place at best. And with their actual NBA players hurt, they've got no shot to put up anything significant. So there's no need for anyone to get all bothered when they stink up a game.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D'Antoni needs to go but you're still not winning without talent. The roster that played tonight has none. There are like 3 maybe 4 usable players if you're a winning team. Don't get confused just because certain guys put up stats. Even on bad teams, someone has to fill the stat sheet. No one loses 100-0. That's my point. This team stinks. It's ceiling, even with everyone healthy (including Kobe) was likely 8th place at best. And with their actual NBA players hurt, they've got no shot to put up anything significant. So there's no need for anyone to get all bothered when they stink up a game.

We already knew that this team was going to stink, but like I previously said it doesn't matter if we get better talent next season if Dumbtoni is the coach & if we get bothered by when they stink up a game it's becauase we are passionate about our team & follow them no matter what through good times & bad times. I cant act like if I don't care even though I knew we would suck this season, it's not in me Ive been a Laker fan for too long & have cheered & screamed good times & bad times & will until I die! NO LOSS EVER FEELS GOOD! Especially in Laker Land, now that doesn't mean we are not patient we understand the situation & I believe most of us in here have.

I believe if your watching a game live of course you're going to feel some stress & happiness because that's what sports do to us. I don't like seeing my team lose despite the fact that we could get a high draft pick, it's not in me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear you Turkey. I went through this before and like LALakersboy, I will be around. I always get perturbed when the Lakers go down this road which I have not seen in a long time-nearly a couple of decades. James Worthy recently nailed down some more of what is going on and we are seeing the consequences of a franchise without Dr. Buss's influence in the modern era.

Short Buss's practices have killed this team. There is no getting around it and without Dr. Buss's business and basketball acumen, this is the product we will have to live with for a while. Having been spoiled by all those years of championship level of play, it is difficult getting used to a lot of losing. So yea, I'll be getting torqued because it is so foreign.