• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

70-31

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[YOUTUBE]2MRxQ9dw-ok[/YOUTUBE]

Pelini, Papuchis, Els, Warren. It's up to them to right the wrong.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has Papuchis figured out the Jet Sweep?

Nebraska should do the Jet Sweep with De'mornay Pierson-El.

In 2013 I wrote how the defense would be working out the kinks and need to be carried by the offense. (that was before Spencer Long and Taylor Martinez went down with injuries.) I also said that in 2014 the offense would be carried by the defense, which is happening.

2014 is a little bit better than I had figured. But Tim Beck needs to simplify his offense and Tim Beck needs to adjust better instead of sticking with his brilliantly, cute game plan when it is an obvious fail. It seems to be too complicated.

2015 was the year Nebraska was supposed to get it together. I was assuming that meant Adam Taylor and Terrell Newby would have improved. Adam Taylor gets hurt, which really threw it off and Newby has not shown that he is an every down back. Imani Cross will probably be the starter in 2015.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Has Papuchis figured out the Jet Sweep?

Nebraska should do the Jet Sweep with De'mornay Pierson-El.

In 2013 I wrote how the defense would be working out the kinks and need to be carried by the offense. (that was before Spencer Long and Taylor Martinez went down with injuries.) I also said that in 2014 the offense would be carried by the defense, which is happening.

2014 is a little bit better than I had figured. But Tim Beck needs to simplify his offense and Tim Beck needs to adjust better instead of sticking with his brilliantly, cute game plan when it is an obvious fail. It seems to be too complicated.

2015 was the year Nebraska was supposed to get it together. I was assuming that meant Adam Taylor and Terrell Newby would have improved. Adam Taylor gets hurt, which really threw it off and Newby has not shown that he is an every down back. Imani Cross will probably be the starter in 2015.

I think Newby has more upside than Cross as an every down back, if he would just get the needed reps. Maybe he'll get more next season.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our Defense likely isn't going to be the problem.

If we approach this game like we did the Michigan State game Offensively, we're going to get our shit pushed in.

#1 in Total Defense in the entire country.

They like to stop the run.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're #3 in Pass defense, #11 in Rush Defense, #3 in scoring Defense, and #1 in Total Defense.

Our Offense has never ran smoothly. It has looked sexy at times with the talent that we have, but it has never just ran smoothly. It literally looks like we don't even take reps in practice......like they just stare at the playbook all day.

If we can't sustain drives, much like @MSU, then our Defense will not matter. Eventually they'll score just because of the field position we give up.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He redshirted last season. This was supposed to be his redshirt freshman season.

I must has missed what happened, how he get hurt and how bad? Is outlook good for him to make comeback?

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I must has missed what happened, how he get hurt and how bad? Is outlook good for him to make comeback?

He broke his ankle in early August during practice. Might be able to get a medical redshirt since he has not played a down.

If I was a college kid, no way do I want to stay in college for five years. No matter how much fun it is.

Unless, of course, the Power 5 decides to pay me $20,000, give me free medical care, free food, free travel, free education, free room, then it begins to look pretty good. Not to mention, lots of girls.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Newby has more upside than Cross as an every down back, if he would just get the needed reps. Maybe he'll get more next season.

This. He shows flashes, but he runs impatient. I have seen several plays where he would have taken it to the house if he would have just waited for the blocks to develop. I still like him more than Hulk as an every down back.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're #3 in Pass defense, #11 in Rush Defense, #3 in scoring Defense, and #1 in Total Defense.

Our Offense has never ran smoothly. It has looked sexy at times with the talent that we have, but it has never just ran smoothly. It literally looks like we don't even take reps in practice......like they just stare at the playbook all day.

If we can't sustain drives, much like @MSU, then our Defense will not matter. Eventually they'll score just because of the field position we give up.

I think it's a systemic thing. We just have shitty coaching and the players somehow overcome it enough to make the offense look acceptable.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you had to use one word to describe this offense so far: Acceptable.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would probably go with "Underachieving."

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me our Offense is just simply sloppy.

You see teams like Oregon and Auburn who play in a system and they look like machines. Like well-oiled machines. They look like they go to work every day in practice and beat the system like a dead horse over and over and over again until the plays become second nature. Those teams can run their Offense blind folded.

There are just a lot of timing issues that we have.......a lot of communication issues between our Offensive Line and Tommy.

It is sloppy.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's something systemically wrong here. That's clear. That's about the only thing that's clear.

It's not a talent issue.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It reminds me of when Watson was here. Except Watson didn't have so much talent.

Our Offense looks like a fuckin hotrod that spits and sputters and then dies every 50 miles or so.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're a paint job with a shitty engine and a really bad driver.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You aren't seeing anything. You are seeing something that is beyond your expertise, experience and knowledge to really understand.