• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: #7 Michigan State @ #12 Michigan

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But he didn't point out specifics other than that terrible targeting call.
Except he did.

"Bolden was pushed in the back," Harbaugh said. "It really should have been a push in the back penalty. (The referee's) explanation was…well, you people saw it the same way. Hard to fathom. And the quarterback wasn't even down on the ground. He was straight up and had to drop like a sack of potatoes. That was just one of many (bad calls)."

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks as though on top of running into the center (15 yard penalty) MSU also lined up in the neutral zone:
View attachment 42094

Refs man.

I don't see anyone in the neutral zone and unless you put a stopwatch on it from the time the center's hand starts moving until he was hit that proves it, you can forget about the 1 second thing too. I don't think I've ever seen that called unless the center was hit before he completely released the ball anyway. Shake it off, man. Your guys are back... maybe not all the way yet, but the future looks bright for them.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll put this here

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    78 KB · Views: 38

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fully aware of the rule, dude ... that wasn't my 'question' though.

The question was the fact that, now all of a sudden, somebody is suggesting that an infraction took place under that rule. First I've heard of that one. This, after all of the talk on news, radio, print media ... who/where is this allegation coming from? A legit source OR some new butthurt excuse/theory from a rustled fan?

An extreme possibility of you getting in between two troll like posters here. I'll make it real simple, Michigan State won. I am proud of the way Michigan played, and I do not wish to take anything away from Michigan State. That's one of the things wrong with this country, everybody's trying to blame someone else or looking for an excuse. Congrats to the MSU fans, and bring the championship to the great State of Michigan.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An extreme possibility of you getting in between two troll like posters here.

I'm also considering the possibility that you're in the throws of an ether binge, wandering to and fro, wondering what's going on around you.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So checking my DVR last night, I saw my wife had recorded the game because she was certain Michigan was going to win and wanted to rub it in my face.:dhd:

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

the four-letter analyzes the final play, Sports Science style

Reactions: H2S

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can someone explain to me why Michigan was not in max protect on that punt? They sent 4 guys and left 6 guys to block 10 Spartans. Makes no sense.

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're a special teams player. You don't need to learn the whole playbook.

You just need to know your field position, the point differential, the time left, and BEFOREHAND what to do in case you bobble, it goes over your head, etc.

Fuck all that "instinct took over."
The coaches should have you prepared.. but really, the straight LOGIC of the situation should EASILY tell you what to do.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're a special teams player. You don't need to learn the whole playbook.

You just need to know your field position, the point differential, the time left, and BEFOREHAND what to do in case you bobble, it goes over your head, etc.

Fuck all that "instinct took over."
The coaches should have you prepared.. but really, the straight LOGIC of the situation should EASILY tell you what to do.

agree........

I don't care who the hell you are on the team, or what position you play. You should know in the back of you mind, that if anything such as this was to happen, to just get the ball back on the fumble (which he did), and FALL ON IT!............ MSU would've had one shot at a hail mary and it probably would have failed.

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Up by two, if you were punting from your own 5, you better try to get that punt off no matter what, or pick it up and run into the end zone and take a safety.

If punting from the 35 with ten seconds, you fucking fall on it.
It really isn't hard to make these simple distinctions beforehand.

Duck the player and fuck the coach for not teaching this.

I come in here all the time with strategy tweaks, and most of you numbnuts scoff, but it is exactly these very simple strategy tweaks that win and lose games

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen Cedric Benson and VY both go out of bounds for no reason while we should have been milking the clock.

I've seen Colt snap the ball with 22 seconds left in the play clock with one+ minute left on 2nd and goal and cost us a shot at a natty.

I've seen Kiffin refuse to throw three times to the end zone down by 9 and just take the NEEDED fg.

I've seen two time Super Bowl champ Eli Manning throw out the back of the end zone when a kneel would have run 35 more seconds off the clock and leave the Cowboys with enough time to win the game.

These little strategic things y'all quickly scoff at cost games and even seasons.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Up by two, if you were punting from your own 5, you better try to get that punt off no matter what, or pick it up and run into the end zone and take a safety.

If punting from the 35 with ten seconds, you fucking fall on it.
It really isn't hard to make these simple distinctions beforehand.

Duck the player and fuck the coach for not teaching this.

I come in here all the time with strategy tweaks, and most of you numbnuts scoff, but it is exactly these very simple strategy tweaks that win and lose games
I'm still trying to understand why Harbaugh was not in max protect when MSU nearly blocked two punts earlier, including the 80 yard punt. He left his punter out to dry when it was obvious MSU was coming to block it.

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still trying to understand why Harbaugh was not in max protect when MSU nearly blocked two punts earlier, including the 80 yard punt. He left his punter out to dry when it was obvious MSU was coming to block it.
Yeah. Just go max protect. Punt it high for a 20 yard fair catch. Game is virtually won.

But as I've been stating, all levels of sport are criminally weak at situational strategy. We see it in a weekly basis.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So checking my DVR last night, I saw my wife had recorded the game because she was certain Michigan was going to win and wanted to rub it in my face.:dhd:
just finished it :plotting:
powder_zps1m0alkll.gif