• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: #7 Baylor @ Texas

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ass-kicking defense, Longhorns. Terrific effort.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PUNT on 1st down

That is the only way to make sure the offense and special teams don't fuck things up.

If Texas punts on 4th down, it will get returned for a touchdown.

if Texas plays any offense on 1st down, it will end up as negative yardage or a turnover.

Punting on first down would actually achieve better results.....all kidding aside...

I am disgusted by this offense and special teams.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that stand needs to make sportcenter's top 10

Not because its flashy or exciting but because that's just great football

yeah, I was there. The smallish (88-90 thousand my guess) was behind the defense. Thought they played well against the number one offense in the land.

What the hell was up with the damn officials? after the goal line stand, crowd going nuts, the official says it was third down...about gave everyone a stroke.

I think Strong's system will work, when he can get his players in there. Right now, it's just cobbled together. I think they are using this year to implement his structure and system. Wins would just be a bonus at this point.

longhorn718

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,180.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It took 2 seasons at Louisville for him to start really winning, but I'm hoping it only takes him one here. I'm prepared for the struggle, but that doesn't mean I don't hate it.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It took 2 seasons at Louisville for him to start really winning, but I'm hoping it only takes him one here. I'm prepared for the struggle, but that doesn't mean I don't hate it.

yes it's really hard. But Longhorns fans have to give him time. There is improvement happening, it's just incremental. Tough when your really limited offensively by the personnel.

I'm convinced Strong's system will work, hell it would have worked today with the limited offense we have, if just for a quarterback with more skill and one good offensive tackle. But if they grasp by changing their philosophy just for a win now, where will they be at the end of the year? Got to make the implementation now, and take the lumps. But it's hard to take.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I was excited by the crowd today, they were really behind that defense.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Crowd was definitely loud and supportive of an A++ defensive effort despite almost impossible circumstances.

Baylor is the best offense in the country....yet special teams and offense decided to keep helping them out whenever possible.

The 1985 Bears could not hold Baylor to 28 points based on what the offense/ST did.

It is beyond frustrating.

Texas can win games if only the offense/special teams did nothing.

If they simply got the fuck out of the way (instead of making things worse), Texas might be 4-1 or at least 3-2.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 Plays = 17 points

Ridiculous. 2 simple plays cost 17 points.

1) Kick a FG. That's it. Kick a damn FG and that is +3 for us, and -7 for them. 10 points.

2) Snap the fucking ball. Simple right? Snap the ball on the 1 foot line = 7 points.

If we were simply able to kick a FG and snap the ball to the QB the game is now 21-17.

:gaah:

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am already predicting the RRSO

In the first half:

DEFENSE plays with inspired almost inhumanly impossible effort leaving it all on the field.
The score is miraculously 3-0 Oklahoma at half.

In the second half:

SPECIAL TEAMS misses a FG, muffs a punt, kicks out of bound, and gets a running into the kicker penalty

OFFENSE 7 consecutive 3 and outs, 4 penalties, 1 sustained drive enable by silly OU penalties

Oklahoma 24
Texas 7

And than its on to Kansas State for the exact same game over and over and over........

pennstatenut

Working with my wood
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In the first half:

DEFENSE plays with inspired almost inhumanly impossible effort leaving it all on the field.

In the second half:

SPECIAL TEAMS misses a FG, muffs a punt, kicks out of bound, and gets a running into the kicker penalty

OFFENSE 7 consecutive 3 and outs, 4 penalties, 1 sustained drive enable by silly OU penalties

Oklahoma 24
Texas 7

And than its on to Kansas State for the exact same game over and over and over........
th

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In the first half:

In the second half:

Oklahoma 24
Texas 7

The RRR is literally the only thing we have left this year at this point. At this point, we can lose out for all I care - so long as we beat the land thieves.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just my thoughts from the game.
1. OL: was much better. Perkins move to guard and James to OT was a big improvement
2. Officiating was horrible. Forget missed calls, but they were constantly huddling amongst themselves or having long conversations with coaches. Flow was terrible
3. Defense was fantastic
4. Swoopes is inconsistent. His accuracy is a problem. Even on completions, the receivers are not getting the ball in spots where they have an opportunity to use their legs
5. Offense is plagued by what I call 10 man plays. Not anyone specific, but there always seems to be an individual breakdown or penalty anytime momentum is established
6. RBs looked better
7. WRs are not particularly scary and they do not get much separation

None of this should surprise people. Young offense is just too inconsistent to take the ball on 8-10 play drives. All that said, the team certainly took a step forward yesterday.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Crowd was definitely loud and supportive of an A++ defensive effort despite almost impossible circumstances.

Baylor is the best offense in the country....yet special teams and offense decided to keep helping them out whenever possible.

The 1985 Bears could not hold Baylor to 28 points based on what the offense/ST did.

It is beyond frustrating.

Texas can win games if only the offense/special teams did nothing.

If they simply got the fuck out of the way (instead of making things worse), Texas might be 4-1 or at least 3-2.

FIRE SHAWN WATSON, period. I don't care how many starters are missing, these players are still good enough to earn a Div 1 scholarship, so I refuse to believe they are completely void of talent. There has to be enough talent there to at least move the ball. This is all on Watson who is looking to be worse than Corky Davis. I just hope Coach Strong doesn't let his loyalty get in the way like Mack did. Watson has no business being an OC anywhere. Even NU fans were so glad when he left Lincoln :L

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On another note, at least TCU exposed the overrated Land Thieves. Gonna be interesting next Saturday.....