• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

7-5

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 games over. Not exactly how I thought it would go today but I will take it. Hats off to Kiffen for the adjustments at halftime. The defense was very impressive . The offense finally got going as well. Lets hope Dunbar isnt hurt too bad. He was a difference maker finally. What about Witten actually making someone miss, actually 2 miss to get a big 1st down. Thought we got conservative the one drive in the fourth. The drive before half time was huge. Thumbs down today- our punter got out punted big time I thought. The Raider guy was booming them. Hate to be too critical but Dez just doesnt look right to me. Im not just talking about the fumbles or drops, that last pass he normally walks in the end zone. Dont know the stats but Church has to be closing in on Lee as leading tackler. Chitown here we come.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, only saw the game - didnt hear it. I had no idea Romo was sick. In the post game press conference he looked awful. I dont think he will be eating turkey tonight.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought our punter was great today. I'm a little confused on that one

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He may have been . I cant stand trying to watch a game with 20 people talking. It just seemed that Ray Guy came out of retirement for the Raiders.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You were correct- 48 yds per punt almost. Thats really good. I would take that every week. I was mainly going by the last one- and that was actually 47 , the guy just had a nice return

negativeCreep

Odd Man Out
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, I didn't know JWit had them moves like Jager. That was one spectacular play right when we needed it. Even the non football fans that were around watching the game were all going "ooooo" - that was pretty fly for a white guy.

I'm hoping Dunbar will be alright too, it did look pretty nasty at first. I wasn't sure he was going to get up. He meant everything to the Boys' second half turnaround. I literally scared an old lady on that 40-50 yarder with "where have you been at all my life"

It was a win. That's about all I can say. Got a little over a week before they take the field again. Hopefully we can string together a few and make a run. Until then, go Arizona!

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a good win, now if only they can do it in December. The defense looked horrible in the first half, but showed up in the second half. Carr's 4th quarter INT was the play of the game IMO. When is the last time the Cowboys where 5 and 1 at home after 6 home games. Maybe the Jerry World curse is lifted.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It did look horrible the first half, but then again Oakland made some great plays. The second quarter was ridiculous. Something is still missing with the offense. 31 points though is hard to complain about.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It did look horrible the first half, but then again Oakland made some great plays. The second quarter was ridiculous. Something is still missing with the offense. 31 points though is hard to complain about.

I think what was missing from the offense showed up in the 2nd half. Before yesterday, the Cowboys hadn't had an RB rush for three TDs since 2004. That's almost 10 damn years. And it was damn near four rushing TDs. That's what this offense has been missing. That 4th quarter where we just pounded the ball to go up 10 reminded me of the old days. After a slow 28 mins to start the game, that looked like an offense that we would have saw from the mid-90s Cowboys.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have never thought that. I would have sworn Barber did it . I do remember the Julius game though at Seattle actually.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know rather to be excited or not... but this level seems to be all about adjustments. Dallas always seemed to be outcoached in this area in the most recent years. That doesn't seem to be the case this season. Two yards per carry with 8 in the box was a good plan this week as is the dime package with Church at LB the last two weeks. This defense plays with heart....they play all out and they get turnovers. The defense is missing ballers but not effort. Problem becomes players like 38 and #20 play in situations and will be exposed. Crazy me....I actually prefer this defense over the last few seasons of cowboy defenses. It ain't pretty and can be an adventure, but it sure beats finger pointing and going through the motions. Now #50 comes back and #54 remains a week to week process, but I can live with it this season and actually at times....enjoy the heck outta it.

BTW...Effort? Watch #51

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, Wilbur has been making plays. I did see Webb have pretty good man to man coverage yesterday on 1 play in which the QB threw a deep ball. He had a WR underneath on a crossing route. I thought the coverage as a whole yesterday was pretty decent. There was one play in which Holmes ran like a slant in which no one was around that went for a big chunk. It was Im assuming a zone coverage and Carter didnt drop deep enough or a safety screwed it up. He did complete some deep throws but Scandrick and Carr both had pretty good coverage I thought on the plays. The defense looked so good the second half. The second quarter though just makes you scratch your head with all of the third down conversions.

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cowboys did exactly what I figured they would do. They came out flat after an emotional win over the Giants. The only thing that surprised me was, they actually ran the damn ball. When they fell down 21 to 7, I was a little concerned, but when they scored just before the half, I knew they would win. That drive turned the momentum in Dallas's favor, and they never looked back. Now the competition gets a lot harder. Its put up or shut up time now, the Bears will be tough at home and Rodgers should be back in time to play Dallas. If we could at least split those two games, I will feel good about their chances of winning the division.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree PDay. Easily like this defense over the finger-pointing ones. Plus this defense has a knack for forcing big turnovers and recovering live footballs. That's something we haven't seen in a while. Effort sure as hell isn't something this defense lacks.

Last edited by a moderator:

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree PDay. Easily like this defense over the finger-pointing ones. Plus this defense has a knack for forcing big turnovers and recovering live footballs. That's something we haven't seen in a while. Effort sure as hell isn't something this defense lacks.

it isn't pretty but yardage means less if you have a big TO ratio.
Defensive and ST scores are a HUGE bonus when you're last in football on yards allowed.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ARLINGTON, Texas -- It didn't matter who it was up against, the Dallas Cowboys' run defense needed to do something positive against the Oakland Raiders on Thursday.

""After allowing over 400 rushing yards the previous two games, the Cowboys held the Raiders, the NFL's fourth-leading rushing attack, to just 50 yards.

"It's just techniques, fits and guys in the right place where they’re supposed to be at, that's all it is," defensive tackle Jason Hatcher said. "We just going to keep doing it in this scheme and keep playing hard. This scheme is kinda coming together for us."

Coming into the game, the Cowboys allowed a league-worst 5.1 yards per rush, including 3.4 yards before contact per rush, 31st in the NFL.

But Oakland had seven rushes that didn't gain a yard and averaged just 2.0 yards per carry, the second-lowest average allowed by the Cowboys since a Week 2 game against the Kansas City Chiefs.

"Watching them on film, (assistant) coach Tony Sparano believes in running the ball," Hatcher said. "We were able to shut them down and we did an awesome job and hopefully we can keep doing it. That's been our nemesis all year. We've been getting gashed. Hopefully we found something in the run game."

adjustments within the schemes has been good. Trying to put people in positions to be successful and limiting the exposure of your weaknesses' is improving.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ARLINGTON, Texas -- It didn't matter who it was up against, the Dallas Cowboys' run defense needed to do something positive against the Oakland Raiders on Thursday.

""After allowing over 400 rushing yards the previous two games, the Cowboys held the Raiders, the NFL's fourth-leading rushing attack, to just 50 yards.

"It's just techniques, fits and guys in the right place where they’re supposed to be at, that's all it is," defensive tackle Jason Hatcher said. "We just going to keep doing it in this scheme and keep playing hard. This scheme is kinda coming together for us."

Coming into the game, the Cowboys allowed a league-worst 5.1 yards per rush, including 3.4 yards before contact per rush, 31st in the NFL.

But Oakland had seven rushes that didn't gain a yard and averaged just 2.0 yards per carry, the second-lowest average allowed by the Cowboys since a Week 2 game against the Kansas City Chiefs.

"Watching them on film, (assistant) coach Tony Sparano believes in running the ball," Hatcher said. "We were able to shut them down and we did an awesome job and hopefully we can keep doing it. That's been our nemesis all year. We've been getting gashed. Hopefully we found something in the run game."

adjustments within the schemes has been good. Trying to put people in positions to be successful and limiting the exposure of your weaknesses' is improving.

Seeing the players acknowledge they have had issues on defense is a good thing. I hope the rest of the D think the same as Hatcher, but he has always said it like it is and is not an excuse maker.