• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 7/30 Gs@dogs

1phlapdown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PBF Please!!

FFUUQQ

And there you have your 2017 Giants:lm::lm::lm:

It's actually sooo baaad, that it's funny.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to be disappointed if this team isn't bad enough to get the 1st pick next year. Then what have been the point of this season?

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the best Dodgers team I can remember. Somebody needs to knock them out of the playoffs, hopefully before the WS, but it's gonna take a lot of luck they are simply better than everyone.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to be disappointed if this team isn't bad enough to get the 1st pick next year. Then what have been the point of this season?

#1 picks in baseball aren't as important as football or basketball especially. Top 3-4 is important, we'll get there.

The White Sox will lose more games after they shipped out everything but the kitchen sink.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the best Dodgers team I can remember. Somebody needs to knock them out of the playoffs, hopefully before the WS, but it's gonna take a lot of luck they are simply better than everyone.
One of my old college roommates was waxing eloquent about how this Dodger team could go down in history as one of the best teams ever, based on the .700 winning percentage, right up there with the 98 Yankees and 01 Mariners. I really hope that they end their season similar to how the 01 Mariners ended.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#1 picks in baseball aren't as important as football or basketball especially. Top 3-4 is important, we'll get there.

The White Sox will lose more games after they shipped out everything but the kitchen sink.
And you thought the White Sox wouldn't ship everyone off (or was that last year?). Speaking of everyone, they haven't traded Derek Holland, Jose Abreu or James Shields. I think that they may hold on to Abreu (despite what they could get in return) and Shields may not generate enough interest but what do you think the chances are Holland is on their roster this time tomorrow?

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Out-pitched (in the bullpen)

Bum gives up 5 hits and 1 walk in 7 innings, bullpen gives up 6 hits and 6 walks in 3 innings. :L

Out-hit

Out-managed

Gotta tip your hat, though, the Dogs are on a historic roll. Their demise in the playoffs will be that much more sweet.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys, this is weirding us out too. This season feels like a microcosm of what I imagine your three WS rings felt like. It's euphoric, hard to explain and you're not quite believing it.

That said, playoffs are a crapshoot. We will probably lose the divisional to the Nats.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you thought the White Sox wouldn't ship everyone off (or was that last year?). Speaking of everyone, they haven't traded Derek Holland, Jose Abreu or James Shields. I think that they may hold on to Abreu (despite what they could get in return) and Shields may not generate enough interest but what do you think the chances are Holland is on their roster this time tomorrow?

Agreed he's the most likely one to go, they need someone for fans to watch until the team can compete in 2019 so they will keep Abreu and A. Garcia. And yeah Shields is worthless. I guess Holland will get dealt tomorrow.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed he's the most likely one to go, they need someone for fans to watch until the team can compete in 2019 so they will keep Abreu and A. Garcia. And yeah Shields is worthless. I guess Holland will get dealt tomorrow.
Shields looked great for those 3 starts in April before hitting the disabled list. Looks like he shouldn't have been activated. He looks like he'd fit right in on the Giants' roster (don't get any ideas Evans).

I guess this year would have been a great year to capitalize on trading Avisail Garcia (it seems he's been around forever) but with his injury, that won't happen.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys, this is weirding us out too. This season feels like a microcosm of what I imagine your three WS rings felt like. It's euphoric, hard to explain and you're not quite believing it.

That said, playoffs are a crapshoot. We will probably lose the divisional to the Nats.
Don't underestimate your team. They scare me. Of course, I'll root for your prediction. :D

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

48269-TROPHY.JPG