• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 7.23 Mittfuckery @ Scum

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Already got 43 pitches out of Wood after 2. He MIGHT make it into the 5th, but we will see a lot of the bully today.

Starting the second half going 0-3. Here we go…

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you ignore the fact that we only have 2 SPs worth a shit; and you look beyond the fact that we have no bully; and you put aside the fact we can’t hit; and grant that our defense is the worst any of us have seen in years…

This team is pretty fucking solid!

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dogs have three homers

Giants have three hits

Baggs keeps pointing out that the Giants have the third highest scoring offense in baseball. Yeah, they win a few games 12-3, and then have more games like this one. Kind of skews the stat a bit.

The Dodgers are a good team, with a solid franchise top to bottom. In spite of last year's surprise, the Giants are not a good team (unless everything goes as planned), and are becoming a solid franchise. The Giants need to have the kind of farm system the Dodgers have. They trade guys away, and bring up new guys without missing a beat. In a year or two, we should see some minor leaguers making an impact on the big club. But not yet.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dogs have three homers

Giants have three hits

Baggs keeps pointing out that the Giants have the third highest scoring offense in baseball. Yeah, they win a few games 12-3, and then have more games like this one. Kind of skews the stat a bit.

The Dodgers are a good team, with a solid franchise top to bottom. In spite of last year's surprise, the Giants are not a good team (unless everything goes as planned), and are becoming a solid franchise. The Giants need to have the kind of farm system the Dodgers have. They trade guys away, and bring up new guys without missing a beat. In a year or two, we should see some minor leaguers making an impact on the big club. But not yet.
Trade Rodon for a nice package.

Trade Pedo for a nice-ish package.

Trade Yaz for a nice-ish package.

Trade Belt for a bag of peanuts.

Thats a start. Then, as much as i dislike it, continue the churn for another year or two while building the farm. This will likely kill our shot at Judge, but dems the cost of doin’ biz’nass.

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade Rodon for a nice package.

Trade Pedo for a nice-ish package.

Trade Yaz for a nice-ish package.

Trade Belt for a bag of peanuts.

Thats a start. Then, as much as i dislike it, continue the churn for another year or two while building the farm. This will likely kill our shot at Judge, but dems the cost of doin’ biz’nass.
That approach may be best for the team in the long run, but if the fans dry up during a radical rebuild, and no money comes in, what then?

We don't know what the cash flow projections are. The Giants are big on baseball analytics, and I'm sure they are big on financial analytics as well.

We have to remember that this is a sport AND a business. The Dodgers have money coming out of their ears. We don't, at least not like them.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That approach may be best for the team in the long run, but if the fans dry up during a radical rebuild, and no money comes in, what then?

We don't know what the cash flow projections are. The Giants are big on baseball analytics, and I'm sure they are big on financial analytics as well.

We have to remember that this is a sport AND a business. The Dodgers have money coming out of their ears. We don't, at least not like them.
I am not convinced that we don’t have massive inflows. Remember, the team owns the stadium outright (they have likely taken loans out against it in the last few years with the insane low rates, but the initial mortgage is gone). They also own a bunch of the surrounding property. They are not hurting for cash.

All that, but I still agree with the gist of your post. Everything I said WILL NOT HAPPEN. As I have said in the past (earlier today as well, I believe), the Giants NEVER sell. It isn’t in their DNA.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Longo likely headed to the IL.

I mentioned a few weeks back that picking up his option (13m w/ 5m buyout) was a no-brainer. But since, he has talked about retirement, and his body seems to be at the end of its rope.

Villar is a good depth option, but he is probably below average with the glove and his bat, while decent, is nothing special. We will need to get a 3B for next year.