• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 7/2 Pale Hose @ Bad News Bears

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Late Night RF
Pedo LF
Longo 3B
Belt 1B
Yaz CF
Star DH
Vosler 2B
John Boy SS
Babe C

Bottom of the 3rd, 3-1 bad guys.

This is bad little league play. Pedo better hit AT LEAST 1 HR today to make up for that shit.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since coming back from the IL, the best hitter on the team has a line of…

.182 / .342 / .303 / .645

Stellar!

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FZ: it is really hard to find 8 players who can both hit AND field.

Every Giants fan: Than can you please find some players who can do at least 1 of the two?

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2-6 against three of the worst teams in baseball, at home? :L

Can't hit.

Can't field.

Can't pitch (save Webb usually and Rodon)

Hey Kap, your team has scored one run in the last 18 innings over three games.

Kap: "We'll be fine....."

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2-6 against three of the worst teams in baseball, at home? :L

Can't hit.

Can't field.

Can't pitch (save Webb usually and Rodon)

Hey Kap, your team has scored one run in the last 18 innings over three games.

Kap: "We'll be fine....."
In his defense, what do you want him to say?

They aren't playing good. When the season started did any of us think they would play this bad? April they looked great, now they don't. Is there really anything to be done?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In his defense, what do you want him to say?

They aren't playing good. When the season started did any of us think they would play this bad? April they looked great, now they don't. Is there really anything to be done?

There was an interesting article by Grant Brisbee in the Athletic recently saying that the Giants are not hitting badly. One of the metrics was runs scored. I'd have to go back and check, but in April, the Giants had multiple games where they clobbered the opposition (like 10-2). A few of those games go a long way to covering up the stinker of yesterday (1-0) in the aggregate. I also recall (I was tracking it) that of the first 80 runs the Giants scored this season, something like 60 were scored with two out. That stat has dried up almost completely in the last six weeks.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was an interesting article by Grant Brisbee in the Athletic recently saying that the Giants are not hitting badly. One of the metrics was runs scored. I'd have to go back and check, but in April, the Giants had multiple games where they clobbered the opposition (like 10-2). A few of those games go a long way to covering up the stinker of yesterday (1-0) in the aggregate. I also recall (I was tracking it) that of the first 80 runs the Giants scored this season, something like 60 were scored with two out. That stat has dried up almost completely in the last six weeks.
That's a pretty good description of their current troubles...but again, not sure there's anything to be done. We like these players, we know they are capable of more. They aren't as good as they looked in April and they aren't as bad as they look now. Either they will get back on track or they won't, I don't think Kapler and FZ are doing things wrong really, the players we counted on to do something aren't doing it lately.

And still lots of time really. Braves started the year terrible, now they look good again. It can change.

jeep99tj

If you don’t agree with me, don’t talk to me.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 224.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh hum.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a pretty good description of their current troubles...but again, not sure there's anything to be done. We like these players, we know they are capable of more. They aren't as good as they looked in April and they aren't as bad as they look now. Either they will get back on track or they won't, I don't think Kapler and FZ are doing things wrong really, the players we counted on to do something aren't doing it lately.

And still lots of time really. Braves started the year terrible, now they look good again. It can change.

I also recently read that the hitting coach from last year, Donnie Ecker, is now with the Rangers. Wonder if that's been a negative.