• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5 reasons WVU will surprise...

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2. Top Collection of Coaches

The last time Dana Holgorsen, Joe Wickline and Jake Spavital worked together? 2010 at Oklahoma State, where the Cowboys finished No. 3 in total offense, No. 3 in scoring offense, and No. 2 in passing offense. The three have learned even more since then, and have all talked about putting their heads together to come up with a few new tricks this season. On the other side of the ball, Tony Gibson keeps getting better and better at rebuilding the Mountaineers' defense. Throw in the supporting actors around them, and this may be the best the coaching staff has been set up since Holgorsen arrived in Morgantown.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was texting with Slaton earlier in the week, and the coaching staff point made by Chris was one of the things I mentioned as well. I am very impressed with this staff.

My one question, how good of a coach is Belk? In a league like the Big 12, this position coach may be one of the most important of any other.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other thought, what type of talent was on that 2010 team? No doubt we are heading in the right direction, but we still need some hosses on both sides of the line. Commitments like the Still brothers help in State and will hopefully translate out of State.