• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5 in 5 out

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you forced me

In:

Tenn
NO
TB
SD
Indy

Out:

NYG
MIA
DET
KC
Oak

If I put this into tiers

Locks to make the playoffs barring an unexpected injury at QB:

Green Bay
New England
Seattle

I think that's about it, realistically. The Falcons have a competitive NFC South to deal with; as is the rest of the division. The Raiders are in the AFCW; as is the rest of the division. A lot of teams that could be virtual locks in weaker divisions --Seattle-- would have a realistic chance of missing the playoffs in some other divisions if things went wrong. Not a big believer in the Cards to threaten Seattle in particular.

Likely to miss the playoffs:

Detroit
Miami
New York Giants

Redskins
Panthers
Broncos
Eagles

None of these three teams are the best in their division by any stretch of the imagination. The Lions don't really do a whole lot well globally. Matthew Stafford is not a 4 Q comeback wizard (nobody is really) Eli Manning is noticeably declining, and Miami is in a pretty similar boat as Detroit, albeit better. Skins, Broncos and Panthers are just in the wrong division.

Likely to make the playoffs:

Steelers
Cowboys

Titans

Best teams in their divisions by a decent margin. Was tempted to knock the Steelers down to lukewarm due to Big Ben missing game(s) being an expected occurrence, but the team has won with Landry-level suck; and the biggest threat is QB'd by Flacco from within the division. Bumped up the Titans for similar reasoning; I like this team a lot more than I do the Colts or Texans currently. If any of these teams didn't win the division, I'd suspect they would have won a WC.

Lukewarm:

Raiders
Chiefs

Chargers
Colts
Texans
Cardinals
Ravens
Falcons
Saints
Bucs

About as many scenarios for one of these teams making the playoffs as there is for missing it for whatever reason. Doesn't mean they're the same quality, just in the same range of likelihood to make the playoffs.

Irrelevant:

Bills
Jets
49ers
Rams
Jags
Browns
Bengals
Vikings
Bears
What a very thorough presentation.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In:
Eagles
Chargers
Vikings
Bucs
Panthers

Out:
Cowboys
Falcons
Dolphins
Texans
Lions

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In:
Eagles
Chargers
Vikings
Bucs
Panthers

Out:
Cowboys
Falcons
Dolphins
Texans
Lions
The AFC is only sending 5 teams to the playoffs while the NFC sends 7, shocking!!! Very bold prediction!!!!!!!!!! :D

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've got 4 new NFC teams IN but only 3 out

I know. Not trying to hit all 5, just making guesses based on the probabilities. The Bucs or Panthers will replace the Falcons and the other would be competing with the Eagles/Giants/Vikings/Packers.

I don't know who will win the AFC Crapfest Division, so I didn't pick one, but I like the chances of it not being the Texans.

Last edited:

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The AFC is only sending 5 teams to the playoffs while the NFC sends 7, shocking!!! Very bold prediction!!!!!!!!!! :D

The AFC is much weaker. Really they only need to send one - the Patriots - and 16 NFC teams will compete all year to play them.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suspect next year will be known as the year of the running back. You could see anywhere from 5 to 10 teams with notably improved running games from last year imo. The Panthers immediately come to mind as a threat

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The AFC is much weaker. Really they only need to send one - the Patriots - and 16 NFC teams will compete all year to play them.
Is the AFC much weaker really though? What are the strong teams in the NFC? Seems like a funny claim given the AFC has won the last 3 SB's. One of those times with a mummified Peyton Manning pretending to be a QB.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not convinced the NFC is super strong. The West looks like its trending downward and the North is basically being propped up by the idea that no one wants to face Aaron Rodgers in the playoffs.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if the NFC is stronger but it's deeper and more competitive . After NE, KC and Pitt last year the AFC was pretty bad by year's end

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In:
Tennessee
Baltimore
Tampa Bay
New Orleans
Washington

Out:
Miami
Houston
New York
Green Bay
Atlanta

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if the NFC is stronger but it's deeper and more competitive . After NE, KC and Pitt last year the AFC was pretty bad by year's end
Falcons went through the NFC playoffs pretty easily, though, so there really isnt a compelling argument that they're deeper.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, if you take Russell Wilson out of Seattle or Rodgers out of GB those are 5 win or 7 win teams tops.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is true, but isn't it true with almost all the teams if they lost their #1 QB?
I'd say thats pretty accurate for most teams, although I suspect the Packers last year would've been closer to 2-14. That team was very one dimensional especially earlier on in the season when people were trying to figure out what was wrong with Rodgers.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is true, but isn't it true with almost all the teams if they lost their #1 QB?
It is. I am just wondering why Oakland (blargh) doesn't get put in the conversation after NE, Pitt, and KC if we're talking 2016. Seems mighty convenient.