• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5/19 Zeets @ Fucking Denver

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about we just get the heck out of here and prepare for the Nats. Considering they absolutely owned the Giants last year, this could be the making of a bad stretch of games for SF.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about we just get the heck out of here and prepare for the Nats. Considering they absolutely owned the Giants last year, this could be the making of a bad stretch of games for SF.

Oh, I'd say the last 6 games have already made a bad stretch.

:tsk:

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zito looks like he's getting an L but he pitched the best of our starters in this series

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm telling you, when I heard the other day about the Giants' 10 game winning streak against the Rox, I KNEW we were in deep yogurt.

I have seen worse stretches of Giants' baseball before, but I have never seen them pitch and field this badly for a stretch of games. Ever. And these were supposed to be strengths of the team.

Time to get better at home.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How are these lolligaggers still above .500?

Just a bad stretch. I think they'll play through it and be fine.

They are still one of the better teams in the NL

Injuries are more worrisome to me. I'm really hoping Vogey and Scoots aren't starting to break down :(

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EpicVoidfield 2-0
MSG 1-0
ColinColby 1-0
Filo 1-0
DK7000 3-1
GiantsPackers 4-3
tzill 7-7
SFGiantsRBest 2-2
Stokes 2-2
Cal 1-2
Mays-Fan 0-1
Freeport22 0-2

Another in a series of just dreadful games. And tzill has fallen to .500 in GDT's. :eek:

Giants are 23-11 when committing one error or less.

Giants are 1-9 when committing two errors or more. Another 2 today! :gaah:

We are a better team than we have been showing, right?

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A bad stretch that could get a heck of a lot worse. :bullshit:

Cannot over analyze a team this early in the season.

Not pointing specifically at you Yosh but I'm surprised at how many people are pressing the panic button.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cannot over analyze a team this early in the season.

Not pointing specifically at you Yosh but I'm surprised at how many people are pressing the panic button.

I am not yet in panic mode. We are still over .500. The hitting (except hiccups like today) is solid.

But, the starters' cumulative ERA is almost 5.00. The pitching staff just gave up 52 runs in 6 games on the road, that's almost a run an inning! And the defense has committed 14 errors in six games.

Those are supposed strengths of the club. I am not panicked yet, but I am, um, concerned.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not yet in panic mode. We are still over .500. The hitting (except hiccups like today) is solid.

But, the starters' cumulative ERA is almost 5.00. The pitching staff just gave up 52 runs in 6 games on the road, that's almost a run an inning! And the defense has committed 14 errors in six games.

Those are supposed strengths of the club. I am not panicked yet, but I am, um, concerned.

Yeah, I'm not used to this formula of decent hitting terrible pitching either (reminds me of some early 2000s teams)

Lets see how they do back at home. I really didn't like that two day bs series vs the jays.

The defense has been atrocious, gotta be mental.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm not used to this formula of decent hitting terrible pitching either (reminds me of some early 2000s teams)

Lets see how they do back at home. I really didn't like that two day bs series vs the jays.

The defense has been atrocious, gotta be mental.

You know the old joke about Fundamentalists, right? You take out the "fun", and you take out the "mental", and all you are left with is "da".

:laugh3:

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know the old joke about Fundamentalists, right? You take out the "fun", and you take out the "mental", and all you are left with is "da".

Dadaism?

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:yahoo:

(More like left with "duh...")

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for those who frequent the twitterverse, @ lolknbrcallers is hilarious.

Apparently Sabean and Bochy messed up by not adding a pitcher in the offseason. We're finished and World Series window is closed. :L

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for those who frequent the twitterverse, @ lolknbrcallers is hilarious.

Apparently Sabean and Bochy messed up by not adding a pitcher in the offseason. We're finished and World Series window is closed. :L

Hmm. I guess I will check back with you guys when Spring Training starts, then. I certainly don't need the aggravation of such a downer summer to look forward to.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, that was one awful week of baseball. But remember the week before that? We looked like the best team in baseball, hitting, pitching and defense.

It's a funny game, and that's why we love it so much.

Last year's series at AT&T against the Nats was god awful, so maybe the baseball Gods will be nice to us this year. I mean, it was an odd year when Bonds hit 756 against the Nats at the phone booth. Plus, we'll also get another shot at the Rockies.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, that was one awful week of baseball. But remember the week before that? We looked like the best team in baseball, hitting, pitching and defense.

It's a funny game, and that's why we love it so much.

Last year's series at AT&T against the Nats was god awful, so maybe the baseball Gods will be nice to us this year. I mean, it was an odd year when Bonds hit 756 against the Nats at the phone booth. Plus, we'll also get another shot at the Rockies.

The Rox, who now own a three game winning streak against the Giants. Worth a mention, in a Colin sort of way.

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expected that we would lose about 70 games when all was said and done. Some would be painful while otthers would be just a typical loss. But, I also had some expections about our 2013 year as it progressed. I expected our pitching to good. Both SP and RP. I expected defense to also be good. I expected or offense to be just OK. So far, not much of anything is around my expectations. The RP has been good and our hitting has been great so far. Our hitting has carried us. Our SP and defense are another question. I do believe that defense is something that will level itself off. We are a good defensive team and should play to that level. But to be honest our SP worries me. Voggy is really struggling OR is he reverting back to the type of pitcher he really is? He was what allowed us to put Timmy in the pen. Timmy hasn't been right for 3 years now and I don't have anything to show me that this will magically change. With Voggy pitching the way he is I don't think we have the luxury of moving Timmy to the pen. Bum is solid and I do expect a good to great season from him. I love Cain. He's a workhorse, but he's not a Kershaw and I don't see him as a potential 20 game winner. He's still good for 16 games in the 'W' column in my book. Then we have Zeets, another wildcard. Wildcards are just that. Great one game and horrible the next. We also aren't losing low scoring games where the pitching has been good. Our SPs are being 'hit'. If any thing our hitting keeps us close and at times gives us the game. Between Vogy, Timmy and Zeets we need at least two of them to be solid.