• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5/16 Horse @ RawKees

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brandon Crawford is so money! I know Bochy likes to "reward" him by moving him up i the lineup, but I hope he just leaves the guy in the 8 hole all year. Huge two strike two out hit that changed the entire game. Love the glove and I know its only been 6-7 weeks, but guy continues to have some huge at bats.

Great effort by Cain to give 6+ after the 3 HR. Love the way the guys are hitting, but with no reinforcements ready to help the starting staf,f they are going to have to start gutting out some quality starts because the bats wont be able to always come back.

I saw that Fitzgerald got called up to Fresno after a solid start at Richmond, is he really our 6th starter right now? I know he's been in the system a while and I haven't looked up the stats but I remember seeing him in SJ a few years ago and he looked to me just all right, nothing overly impressive. Sabean made be forced to make a move if Vogey can't get it together. (NOT CLIFF LEE)

Justin Fitzgerald Stats, Bio, Photos, Highlights | MiLB.com Stats | The Official Site of Minor League Baseball

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I have gotten to know you guys well. Wanted to tell you some big news for me. I may soon become a Green Bay Packers writer for Yahoo Sports

Congrats, man! Don't take the Skip Bayless route. There is money in it, but very little happiness. Plus, he has devolved into a pretty crappy writer. That was rarely the case at The Merc. Keep writing and podcasting. I hope you enjoy the work.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he can string together a couple of AAA starts with 2-3 total earned runs allowed and Voges continues to give up 5 or more each outing with the big club, we might see the kid grab a cup of Johan.

Yup, I love what Vogey has brought to the club, but we have shown we are now much bigger as a team than any one player. If he can't bring it right now, maybe it's time to give someone else a shot. It will also instill a sense of urgency in all the pitching prospects. Competition is a very good thing.

(Vogey's ERA in May - 3 starts - 13.09. Ouch.)

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he can string together a couple of AAA starts with 2-3 total earned runs allowed and Voges continues to give up 5 or more each outing with the big club, we might see the kid grab a cup of Johan.

Also, sucks for Vogey, but we owe him all of $300k after this season ($6.5 mill if we decide to renew).

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Voges and Lincecum are only suffering lapses to save the front office some money. ;)

The problem with both guys leaving is that the 2 starters the Giants were praying would kick some ass in Fresno after being promoted (Chris Heston, Michael Kickham) have been shitting the bed so far this year.

The Giants could conceivably have to find 3 starters before next season, to replace Vogey, Lincecum, and Zito.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there is about a 75% chance Zeets will be back, 25% Timmeh is back and about 10% for Vogey.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those seem fair. Timmy might waiver between 15 and 30% depending on his most recent outing, though. :)

Sure.

also, depending on the market and how things are going with Zeets, the Gs may decide to pay him more than market price just because they want to avoid needing to have to fill 3 slots in 5 months.