• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5/15 Champs @ Maple Leafs

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Enough ranting about this game.

Oxy hit a rocket in the 1st that looked like three bases. A fan touched it, so it was a double.

I have always disliked that rule. I'd love to see the away team get the base they are going to, and one more, and I'd like to see the home team get just the double. Thoughts?

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With a 7 run lead, the ump was definitely squeezing the strike zone for Gaudin on those two walks. :L And the strike before the double to Bautista was called a ball.

Get it out of your system, boyz. This is worse than little league.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fucking hell these two past games...

ejectedarabsoo4.gif

On a much brighter note, Fatty Lafatlard will now be falling on his head on a much deserved larger frame, thanks to 1Plhap! :laugh3:

Last edited by a moderator:

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the trainer can conjure up an exotic ailment, or something to get RV a time out.

No doubt he's a mess, and might be all done as a ML starter...but who would we replace him with? They might have to just keep him in there, maybe skipping a start here and there, until a trade becomes feasible.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Enough ranting about this game.

Oxy hit a rocket in the 1st that looked like three bases. A fan touched it, so it was a double.

I have always disliked that rule. I'd love to see the away team get the base they are going to, and one more, and I'd like to see the home team get just the double. Thoughts?

Disagree, that ball was going INTO the stands and the fan committed mittfuckery (there was a virus at Rogers Parque apparently) and knocked it back into the field of play.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt he's a mess, and might be all done as a ML starter...but who would we replace him with? They might have to just keep him in there, maybe skipping a start here and there, until a trade becomes feasible.

Yeah, not much help in AAA. Might just have to suffer with the worst SP in the majors all year. Last time that happened....

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loux is the staff "ace" in Fresno with a 4.40 ERA....Bonser, Kickham, Heston, and Petit are all teh suck. Fitzgerald and Snodgrass are doing well in AA. Every starter except Mejia is tearing it up in San Jo, and Straton, Agosta and Flores are all doing well in Augusta.

In the words of the Little River Band -- "hang on, help is on its way"

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, Fitzgerald is in Fresno now. Has been for about a week now...

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, Fitzgerald is in Fresno now. Has been for about a week now...

Noted; guess we have one guy doing well there now...

Edit: a fairly underwhelming first start.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who would take his place?

It has been mentioned, but I think it may be worth it to take a look at Heston or Kickham. Their numbers are NOT impressive in the PCL, so I would not be surprised to see them NOT get the call, but Vogey is completely ineffective right now, so it may not be the worst thing in the world to give these guys a taste of the Bigs, regardless.

BTW, the PCL is a MAJOR hitting league, so just because their numbers are crappy does not mean that they have been pitching crappy.

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is what worries me the most. If we were looking at a short term fill in or all thought that Voggy would turn it around then it wouldn't be so troublesome. With about 120 games left to go in the season Makes me wonder at what point to we look to trade for a SP. IMHO I still consider both Zeets and Timmy question marks. If both of them stabilize then we're just looking for a #5 pitcher. If either of them they start having issues then it gets a little more complicated.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has been mentioned, but I think it may be worth it to take a look at Heston or Kickham. Their numbers are NOT impressive in the PCL, so I would not be surprised to see them NOT get the call, but Vogey is completely ineffective right now, so it may not be the worst thing in the world to give these guys a taste of the Bigs, regardless.

BTW, the PCL is a MAJOR hitting league, so just because their numbers are crappy does not mean that they have been pitching crappy.

While the PCL is a hitters league (and the SAL is a pitchers league), inability to pitch well there is fairly indicative of an inability to pitch well in the majors. Simply put, if AAA hitters are raking you, you're not likely to do well against major league hitters.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what worries me the most. If we were looking at a short term fill in or all thought that Voggy would turn it around then it wouldn't be so troublesome. With about 120 games left to go in the season Makes me wonder at what point to we look to trade for a SP. IMHO I still consider both Zeets and Timmy question marks. If both of them stabilize then we're just looking for a #5 pitcher. If either of them they start having issues then it gets a little more complicated.

If both Timmy and Zeets pitch OK (as #3 and #4 guys) then I think you can suffer through an ineffective #5 with Tron's pedigree. Trades won't happen for a couple of months anyway, so there will be time to figure it out. They may skip him a start or two or even throw Gaudin in there in a spot role.

Remember, this team can flat out hit and is able to carry a good, but not great, SP staff. Especially with FYWW being as good as I'd expect it to be.

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If both Timmy and Zeets pitch OK (as #3 and #4 guys) then I think you can suffer through an ineffective #5 with Tron's pedigree. Trades won't happen for a couple of months anyway, so there will be time to figure it out. They may skip him a start or two or even throw Gaudin in there in a spot role.

Remember, this team can flat out hit and is able to carry a good, but not great, SP staff. Especially with FYWW being as good as I'd expect it to be.

yeah ... I agree .... it's also starting to look like both Zeets and Timmy are going to have to pick up Voggy's short falls. I also think we could get through this with Voggy as a #5. We just have to hang around till the end of June. I think our hitting can carry us that far