• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2018!

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus, I hope we're not trading away #2....Lol

However, if we do, I am sure that Hexy is doing it for a damn good reason.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed.

Only person reporting it on twitter is a non-verified account and his bio says he's a TSN Vancouver radio host. Hextall doesn't tell anyone anything, how's this chump going to get that type of scoop?

Love Meltzer being the first commenter saying simply "I doubt it." LOL

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The rumor is out there so the question is, what is your realistic price for it, even if it's just for fun. Personally, I think Patrick is a stud, and the only way I move the pick is if I saw something I didn't like during the medical evaluation. All signs are pointing to the Devils taking Hischier.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The rumor is out there so the question is, what is your realistic price for it, even if it's just for fun. Personally, I think Patrick is a stud, and the only way I move the pick is if I saw something I didn't like during the medical evaluation. All signs are pointing to the Devils taking Hischier.
2017 NHL Mock Draft | 2017 NHL Draft | NHL Draft
This mock draft has Valiardi going at number 7. For fun if we could trade with Vegas for the 6 pick and grab Valiardi in the 6 slot and a number 1 next year i would do it

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Clayton Keller
William Nylander
Mitch Marner
Matt Barzal

If one of those names isn't in the return, I'm out.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keller and Vilardi would be a nice return.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keller and Vilardi would be a nice return.

Yep. I'd be ok with that, but Vegas doesn't have any of those players and I don't see a way that they acquire them. Maybe Barzal because the Islanders are doing weird stuff. But just doesn't seem very likely.

All draft picks, even if it was 3 first rounders, doesn't do what the Flyers need IMO. Also kind of hurts Vegas IMO. They need organizational depth to build a team.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In fairness to the veracity of the rumor, let's be honest. It's 99.9% likely that a deal was at least discussed, even if it was Hexy saying make me an offer and then saying no thanks.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. I'd be ok with that, but Vegas doesn't have any of those players and I don't see a way that they acquire them. Maybe Barzal because the Islanders are doing weird stuff. But just doesn't seem very likely.

All draft picks, even if it was 3 first rounders, doesn't do what the Flyers need IMO. Also kind of hurts Vegas IMO. They need organizational depth to build a team.

Every team needs a healthy stud center. Would AZ do it if the Flyers drafted Patrick and Vilardi was still on the board at #7?

Last edited:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Craig Custance, who is fairly respected, tweeting that Vegas is taking PEB.

:shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Panotch confirming.

That's pretty incredible to me. He was pretty far down my list of guys I thought would go. I'm not upset about that. I liked him, but a 4th line forward is SO replaceable.

Also, should throw some cold water on the rumors the Flyers would move assets to get Vegas to take someone. I'd be shocked if Hextall wanted them to take PEB considering they just re-signed his extension in March.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Panotch confirming.

That's pretty incredible to me. He was pretty far down my list of guys I thought would go. I'm not upset about that. I liked him, but a 4th line forward is SO replaceable.

Also, should throw some cold water on the rumors the Flyers would move assets to get Vegas to take someone. I'd be shocked if Hextall wanted them to take PEB considering they just re-signed his extension in March.
I fort one am not sad to see him go as i dont think he was worth the contract that he got and also i think the A should be on Jakes chest.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cats out of the bag......

Bellemare is gone.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would do this if Vegas gave us 6, a 1st rounder next season, and take A Mac's contract off our books.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would do this if Vegas gave us 6, a 1st rounder next season, and take A Mac's contract off our books.

If it's their own 1st round pick next season, that could technically end up being 1st overall, without question. I don't think they would make that trade given that possibility. We would probably have to accept if they did. I still don't want to move #2 regardless.

I mean Vegas drafted a decent team, but by definition, they have no real first line players because every team protected theirs. They also have a bunch of overpaid, underachieving veterans.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grabovski, Smith, Eakin, Perron, Sbisa, Stoner, Clarkson, and maybe even Neal/Garrison. These are decent players, but clearly overpaid or at least had very underwhelming seasons this year.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vegas will clearly be dealing a few d-men before the start of the season.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somehow Vegas already has 31 players signed to a contract, which is already currently more than 9 other Nhl teams...Lol

They also have 9 extra picks and traded 2 away, giving them a +7 in that area across the next three draft years.

Yes, they will be trading away some of their defenders and quite frankly, we should be at least calling them up. I am thinking either TvR or Schmidt. They are young vets (from top tier teams) with playoff experience that either are or will be RFA's. We can use that right about now to keep MacDonald demoted and not start three rookies on defense, plus Ghost/Provorov.

Or do we really want Manning playing in 65 games again too? I am not so sure. Definitely not, I'd say...Lol

Last edited:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I still don't think I would. The opportunity to take a high potential top 6 C in the draft (ie get him for free) does not come around very often. If they want to replace, or at least support Giroux in the top 6 as the window starts to open, that's a hole they need to fill. Why trade a stud dman (a la Jones for Johansen) to acquire that C when you can get him for free right now.

If it doesn't include an elite C prospect or a young top 6 C, I'm out.