• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

4th Annual Home Opener

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put me down for 2. My buddy and I are both in. We were going to go anyways may as well hang with you crazy bastards. Prob no on the hotel since wifey will be quite pregnant by then, but I'm in for some Saturday fun and Sunday game time fo sho!

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad to hear you're in for the opener this year MikeD!

I can't commit for the game right now, as the baby comes first. I will definitely make it out to meet everyone on one of the days.

If the wife and I have everything in order by then with the baby -- I will be able to give more of an absolute commitment.

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TP and smitty are looking for gay bars, just a heads up.

Well, we're already staying in Greektown. Seems like a natural fit..

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, so I have Meow, Micro, and TPaul down for 3 of the 5 rooms I'll book at the GM rate (plus one fore me). Who gets the last one?

Anyone not in the group, you can always just try calling up and saying you work for a Tier 1 to GM. I actually do, but so far they've never made me prove it...

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys ever golf at the Orchards?

The Orchards Golf Club :: Home

That's sort of a question within a question. The simple answer is no, we have never been to that course. But this group has never actually golfed anywhere. We have in fact shown up at different courses armed with golf clubs. Those were then swung violently at the ground and occasionally a golf ball got in the way. If you are a golfer you will want to seriously taper expectations with this group. Last year we considered handicapping the game by alcohol consumption. Winning the Matt Millen Award is almost a badge of honor with us.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When is the latest I can figure out whether it is a yes or no? Would like to make it but thats pretty far out for me to Commit.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's sort of a question within a question. The simple answer is no, we have never been to that course. But this group has never actually golfed anywhere. We have in fact shown up at different courses armed with golf clubs. Those were then swung violently at the ground and occasionally a golf ball got in the way. If you are a golfer you will want to seriously taper expectations with this group. Last year we considered handicapping the game by alcohol consumption. Winning the Matt Millen Award is almost a badge of honor with us.

I'm not a golfer. I have golfed, but it's been awhile. I just asked because that place is near my house. I've never played there, but heard a lot of good things.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys ever golf at the Orchards?

Yeah -- I've played there before, very nice course. Another I've played out that way which was really nice is Greystone. I'd definitely like to get out there to play that one again.

If you guys are looking for a nice course that isn't too far from downtown Detroit -- Lakes of Taylor is reasonably priced and only about 15 minutes from Greektown. It is a real nice course as well. If you are just looking for a cheaper course, where you can just drink and have fun -- Taylor Meadows is another option and is about the same distance from Greektown.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Max, if there is a spot left for the hotel booking I believe Lionstop1 would want it. I will text him to find out.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Max, I would like that room if you don't mind. Its much better staying with the rest of the group. I would like both Friday and Saturday if possible. Thanks

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Noted. I will book 5 rooms at whatever the GM rate is now and let everyone know. Lionstop1, Micro, Meow, and TPaul have the other 4 besides me.

For others, though: I am techincally entitled to this rate becuase I work for a Tier 1 supplier to GM. I have used this rate 2 years in a row, though, and have never been asked to provide proof that I actually do work for a Tier 1. If you phone up and say, "I work for Inergy, or Continental, or Lear" they'll probably give you the rate with no questions asked. Up to you.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Max, I appreciate it.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are just looking for a cheaper course, where you can just drink and have fun -- Taylor Meadows is another option and is about the same distance from Greektown.

Nailed it.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Originally Posted by TrustMeIamRight
If you are just looking for a cheaper course, where you can just drink and have fun -- Taylor Meadows is another option and is about the same distance from Greektown.
Nailed it.

There is a handful of courses downriver where you can play for cheap and drink. Hell -- if you guys want to get into a fun skins game. There is a game I used to play in every week on Friday morning. Usually have 30-40 guys. The course only charges 20 for 18 and a cart, then it is 15 to get in the skins and CTTP, so 35 total. It is about 25 minutes from downtown, so it is a little further, but it is a fun game to play in, as you can win some money if you get a CTTP or a skin.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you know about food downtown? Particularly within a safe walking distance of the Greektown; we've eaten well the last few years, but we're always up for something new and delicious...

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Current attendees.........Micro (2), TP (2), Smitty (2), Max (1), Lionstop (2), Swarm (2), Zwic (2), Superdave (2), Meow (2).

Going to put the deadline for RSVP's at this Wednesday. I will start looking for tickets on Thursday with a max price of $100/ticket. Micro and TP will be collecting payments this year.