• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

4th Annual Home Opener

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is "REAL" mexican cooking? We ended up at a place once that I understood to be "REAL" mexican cooking and it was without a doubt the most disgusting thing I've ever seen. How would a place like this differ from the traditional mexican restaurants you see all over the place?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the first spot I ever ate in MT. And it's definitely still my favorite. I've never been there at night...

It isn't as bad as it used to be at night. Clark Park, which is located right next to Xochimilco's and Mexican Village used to be a gang park. They have cleaned it up though and even though I would never bring my kid there, it does look a lot nicer now.

What is "REAL" mexican cooking? We ended up at a place once that I understood to be "REAL" mexican cooking and it was without a doubt the most disgusting thing I've ever seen. How would a place like this differ from the traditional mexican restaurants you see all over the place?

I also have to agree with Evil -- if my wife wasn't such a huge fan of their salsa, I wouldn't even go down there. The food is good, but the difference from Mexicantown and any mexican restaurant by my house isn't that big. I think the biggest difference is the salsa.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The food is good, but the difference from Mexicantown and any mexican restaurant by my house isn't that big. I think the biggest difference is the salsa.
Ok, so am I understanding you that the food would be similar to the mainstream Mexican restaurants all over the place? The horror I experienced was like nothing I had ever seen before. I believe this was true Mexican cooking. Ground beef was not ground beef, a taco wasnt a taco, etc. It was fucking scary. If that is the type of Mexican food we are talking about I will eat before we go to the restaurant and then just drink. If its what I would expect to get at any of the thousands of Mexican restaurants located in every city in the US then I am good with that.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the mexican is our dinner plan, just an extra meal if anyone wants to.

Sounds like Pegasus is our dinner option this year.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If its what I would expect to get at any of the thousands of Mexican restaurants located in every city in the US then I am good with that.

The food will be pretty much what you will get from any number of Mexican chain restaurants. The quality will probably be a little better in Mexicantown and if you are fan of fresh salsa -- then you will like that. To me - salsa is salsa, but my wife swears by it.

I do know -- if you order a chicken quesadilla -- you basically get 3 chicken soft tacos with alot of cheese inside. It won't look like the quesadilla at Taco Bell.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best Mexican place imo around here is at 21 mile rd and Van Dyke, Mexican Village. That's about 13 miles north of the D. Surprised no one has mentioned Texas De Brazil yet. That's where all the Lions chow.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want to smoke down w my hommies and watch MI beat the shit out of those Notre Dame pussies. That's it. So complicated.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the fuck is Mexican Village? (Weeds all I have packed so far)

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want to smoke down w my hommies and watch MI beat the shit out of those Notre Dame pussies. That's it. So complicated.

You gonna join us for poker and the game then?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You gonna join us for poker and the game then?

I don't play cards but I party and watch football. Where do you plan to watch the game?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So anyone know where we are watching the game yet. Or are we just winging it.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anyone wants to hang for the afternoon games, get some lunch, smoke some doobs, drink a beer etc...let me know. I'm around after about noonish.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My shins still hurt! But unlike yesterday, I'm able to move without severe pain. Which is nice. Could just be the buzz from the half bottle of Titos (Trunk Score!)I finished off this morning....only Time will tell.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My left shin is bruised up too but it was worth it. That was a lot of fun. I really wish I would have been able to hang out longer and go to the game. Next year!

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad you stopped by Rob! Whirleyball and all it's asskicking, whiplash giving, shin crushing goodness didn't leave a lot time to talk Lions, but it was cool you swung by. That shit was fun. It's about impossible to shoot, but oh well. Next year, Id like to win a round. 0-7-2 might have been my record. Team Corolla... I let you down.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, Whirlyball was not what I was expecting. The video meow put up months ago made it seem like u only spin in circles. Completely opposite. It was fun as shit. I had a blast playing "defense" and roaming around looking for people to crush and locate the ball as it rolled past everyone. Lionstop and I even had some nice give and go's that we just couldn't convert on.

My shins are also very fucked up. My hands hurt a little from Aleta smacking the shit out of em as I tried to reach out and grab the ball. She was a vicious s.o.b. ;)

Gotta give Max props for a scoring the most goals. It was tough as shit to score. Twice I hit that damn grid thing but apparently it didn't count. I'm glad I scored atleast once. I feel bad for ya smitty, no goal scored and not one win. :(

Lastly, I had no fucking clue that was you swarm until u were driving away. I thought u and ur buddy were just some random locals that came in to play. I'm glad it was announced to everyone(unless I was in the bathroom at the time). It did suck that there wasn't much time to chat. But once a game was over, I wanted to immediately start another bc it was so much fun.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lastly, I had no fucking clue that was you swarm until u were driving away. I thought u and ur buddy were just some random locals that came in to play. I'm glad it was announced to everyone(unless I was in the bathroom at the time). It did suck that there wasn't much time to chat. But once a game was over, I wanted to immediately start another bc it was so much fun.

I still have NO CLUE who everyone was (other than TPaul). Who was who??? Was Justin Verlander there?