• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

4 wins

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Four lousy wins. Just what has to happen before the Lakers front office realizes they need new leadership at the helm? There is no way that West would have allowed this to continue. I knew it was a big mistake to hire Scott. He played with the Lakers and is very close to Mitch and the rest of the F.O. It would be like hiring your best friend to run your company. You just do not do that if you want to keep a successful company and a best friend. This is the Lakers! The Lakers win! They do Not lose! They do not ride the whole season in LAST place! The Lakers should never be allowed to be the worst team in the NBA! Sorry Scott you were a great player but you have no business being a head coach of my Lakers! The two Jerry's are and will be forever missed. :L:L:L:L:L

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got feeling they're gonna get hot here and double that win total by the end of January...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, they could have brought Phil in and I don't think the team would be that much better than they are now. The core is just too young, especially in the west.

I don't know if Byron is the answer long term or not. As much as I defended him, it's looking like he's not. However, if the Lakers keep losing, they increase their chances of keeping the lottery pick which could very well end up being Ben Simmons, who looks like the real deal so far, or Brandon Ingram who looks like he'd be a perfect fit at small forward.

This season is about the youngsters showing enough to make themselves attractive to a top level FA or 2 (hopefully with the lottery pick intact) and getting through Kobe's farewell tour.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree TJF12. I think the Buss family gets it and they are just going to ride this year out to secure that pick and continue to build. Probably change coaches in the summer of 2016 if they are going to make a move. Thibs is still out there and of course Walton is just north of LA.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree TJF12. I think the Buss family gets it and they are just going to ride this year out to secure that pick and continue to build. Probably change coaches in the summer of 2016 if they are going to make a move. Thibs is still out there and of course Walton is just north of LA.

Exactly. Makes sense to keep things as is for the time being, see where the team is at the end of the year and then determine what moves they will make. If they are thinking of letting Byron go, then hopefully they will have quietly made sure that they have a great shot at landing someone better.

I'm not 100% sold on Thibs or Walton. Thibs had some really good teams in Chicago, but couldn't get his teams to the finals and he is to offense what D'Antoni is to defense. The Lakers defense would improve greatly, but what would happen to the offense?

Walton has always had a very high basketball i.q. and that's what kept him in the league. Phil kept him around because he knew the triangle inside out and he could put him in to get it back on track. The problem is, he lacks experience, so we don't know if GSW would have done what they have so far if you or I were coaching or if it's because Walton is really that good.

There is definitely something to be said though for bringing in an up and coming young coach and letting him grow with a young team. I just don't know how attractive that might be to top FA's who are going to want to win soon.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you are correct. If we make a change, Thibs would be my first choice.

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no reason to make a change in the team now. Number 2 pick is all but assured the way it is going. Scott does need to go and if there is someone that can get through to the young guys now, lets do it. The Lakers don't have enough talent to get past #3 anyway. It is just a shame where we have gone to this point but the Kobe money will soon be off the books.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tank the season, protect that pick and clear Kobe's salary. The Knicks kept trading picks and it's bit them in the ass time and time again with no results. Thank God the league put rules in place to protect Dolan from himself and we got a K.P. in the last draft.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All this while we continue to put-to-bed the effects of the Dwightmare and Nash trades which are finally completed by 2018. The majority of it will go this year and if stay in the top three, we can really accelerate the re-build process and get to 2018 when guys like Clarkson, Randle, and Russell will be mainstays in a relatively young group of players. Add the right coach and we could a return to the medal round sooner than we all anticipated.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no reason to make a change in the team now. Number 2 pick is all but assured the way it is going. Scott does need to go and if there is someone that can get through to the young guys now, lets do it. The Lakers don't have enough talent to get past #3 anyway. It is just a shame where we have gone to this point but the Kobe money will soon be off the books.
You are not assured of the top 2 picks. It depends on the ping pong balls. I don't see where anyone said to make a change now.

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers do need a change though and at the top first. I know it is ping pong balls but in the 2nd or 3 spot the results are probable that a good spot is achieved. Brian Scott does need to go and whenever as far as I am concerned but Short Buss needs to give his sister the reins before we get back to where we were. The Lakers are young and we saw this coming and now we play 2nd fiddle in our own place. I agree with retro that it will come back given time but with Short Buss making the decisions through Mitch, later might come first. I didn't say anyone suggested change but I will as long as long term big money is not involved in middle aged players.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers do need a change though and at the top first. I know it is ping pong balls but in the 2nd or 3 spot the results are probable that a good spot is achieved. Brian Scott does need to go and whenever as far as I am concerned but Short Buss needs to give his sister the reins before we get back to where we were. The Lakers are young and we saw this coming and now we play 2nd fiddle in our own place. I agree with retro that it will come back given time but with Short Buss making the decisions through Mitch, later might come first. I didn't say anyone suggested change but I will as long as long term big money is not involved in middle aged players.

Who's Brian Scott? :noidea: