• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: #4 Washington Huskies vs #20 USC Trojans 11/12 7:30 EST on FOX

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
large.jpg
Ninja'd. I was going to say the same thing. Even in his last few days here he's still fucking gay. :L

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if they go unbeaten (which they won't now because of you) they're still not a lock to make the CFP this year. The rankings last week and this week prove this.
Negative. They said last week that conf championships matter, but cannot be taken into account until they actually happen. In other words, they ranked based on exactly where they were at that date without any regard for likely future scenarios.

There is exactly zero chance UW is left out if they go 13-0. As ESPN and others have pointed out their back end SoS is a lot higher than any of the other top 10 teams. This also adds to the impossibility of not being in if they finish undefeated. That is a fact.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Negative. They said last week that conf championships matter, but cannot be taken into account until they actually happen. In other words, they ranked based on exactly where they were at that date without any regard for likely future scenarios.

There is exactly zero chance UW is left out if they go 13-0. As ESPN and others have pointed out their back end SoS is a lot higher than any of the other top 10 teams. This also adds to the impossibility of not being in if they finish undefeated. That is a fact.

Yes, Championships do matter. However, much of their out of conference schedule and in conference schedule matters too. If Colorado continues to plug along and ends up in the top 10 at the end of the year and the Huskies win that easily then I feel they will make it. I think they have a good 80% chance of making it after they run the table I just don't feel it's a lock.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, Championships do matter. However, much of their out of conference schedule and in conference schedule matters too. If Colorado continues to plug along and ends up in the top 10 at the end of the year and the Huskies win that easily then I feel they will make it. I think they have a good 80% chance of making it after they run the table I just don't feel it's a lock.
If they were on the fence (which they said they were) with things as they stood last week, and UW has USC, WSU (#23) and whoever comes from the south while NONE of the others have that many challenges on the way, why on earth would they be passed up by a team that didn't even make or win their championship? The answer is they can't.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UW's schedule was back loaded. It's just as simple as that. The apple cup on the road would be a huge boost to their standing alone regardless of whoever they face from the south in the CCG.

It's a dead lock they are in going 13-0. Period.

miah

Well Hung Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if they go unbeaten (which they won't now because of you) they're still not a lock to make the CFP this year. The rankings last week and this week prove this.
If they go unbeaten they will without a doubt be in. If you like we can put the farm on it! I'm positive of my opinion...

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's talk about the game instead the What'sWhere'sWhen's of this flawed playoff system....

Gonna be wet come game time, run game is going to be huge, I like the Dawgs chances of being able to run the ball..

miah

Well Hung Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's talk about the game instead the What'sWhere'sWhen's of this flawed playoff system....

Gonna be wet come game time, run game is going to be huge, I like the Dawgs chances of being able to run the ball..
USC kids don't like playing in the rain!! University of Spoiled Children. They're used to sunny and 80 degress with a chance of swinging by the beach after practice. Rain is nothing but positive charges for the Huskies.
Huskies by 14.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys remember that storm a couple years ago when ASU came? I'm hoping for that. Then I have an excuse to 'tailgate' in the. North Lake tavern, too.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a vet but I'm not fan of these helmets. Washington has Gameday, the eyes of the country will be on this game so what do they do? They go all Nike .. and don't anyone give me that crap its all about honoring the vets. USC and Bama wouldn't pull this sh1t. If you want to honor the vets, put a US flag patch on the uni, but don't go fvkn with the Washington Huskies traditional helmet.

Washington Huskies - FB: 2016 SALUTE TO SERVICE

Erie Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,827.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a vet but I'm not fan of these helmets. Washington has Gameday, the eyes of the country will be on this game so what do they do? They go all Nike .. and don't anyone give me that crap its all about honoring the vets. USC and Bama wouldn't pull this sh1t. If you want to honor the vets, put a US flag patch on the uni, but don't go fvkn with the Washington Huskies traditional helmet.

Those aren't too bad. The crap Mississippi State wore last week, was God awful.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those aren't too bad. The crap Mississippi State wore last week, was God awful.
Now's not the time though ... not this game anyways. They can save that crap for next week when Washington plays Arizona St. at home. It's Nike is what it is. Nike this, Nike that .... fvkn Nike needs to die already.

Erie Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,827.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now's not the time though ... not this game anyways. They can save that crap for next week when Washington plays Arizona St. at home. It's Nike is what it is. Nike this, Nike that .... fvkn Nike needs to die already.

I hear you. They used to make OSU wear special uniforms against UM. Thankfully, that came to an end.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats with the pretty helmets ? I agree thats an Oregon thing

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, should this just be a discussion thread or is everyone ok with the "game thread" title?

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Meh... I prefer the traditional look myself, but if they want to use some sort of alt one game, oh well, it's the time we live in. At least they've stuck with purple and gold this season otherwise, the past few years it seems like they'd go with an alt once they hit conference play, and never go back.

As for the timing, I get what you're saying, but it's not like it's gonna turn recruites away. They seem to like that stuff...

Like scheduling FCS teams, they've already started it, seems there's no going back.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont care. Pretty sure the OD curse only works for Oregon anyway.

I'll keep tracking the comments and decide. I'll just let it be known, if it wasn't already, that starting "game threads" pre gameday annoys the fuck out of me. But if everyone is cool with it, I'll let it ride.

:2cents: